(1) June CoroCoro Scans Leaked - New Pokemon [6/11]

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
That would be a broken ability. And besides, a Focus Band could work if the Pokemon using Explosion of SD has full HP.
Wouldn't using Endure work the same way?

jryan said:
Zierant said:
Hey, interesting what someone found in MFGG.

1276288243907.jpg

that's interesting. would make sense seeing as these Pokemon have probably been drawn for a while. I wonder if there are any more in-game hints.

There must be a transcript of all ingame text. I must playthrough all of the games and find out :S

Divine_Light said:
that's interesting. would make sense seeing as these Pokemon have probably been drawn for a while. I wonder if there are any more in-game hints.

I wonder if the speculations of Gamefreak having over 1000 Pokemon drawn up already are actually true? And for the past 15 years they've been hinting to us new pokemon? I need to find my old games now. ;D

Relized said:
I wonder if the speculations of Gamefreak having over 1000 Pokemon drawn up already are actually true? And for the past 15 years they've been hinting to us new pokemon? I need to find my old games now. ;D

There might be more hinted at in the Japanese versions of the games. Just a thought.

In my opinion, these Pokemon are'nt AS original as they could have been (Im not especially fond of Gear) but im sure i will grow to love them. My favorite so far is Shimama. Ive been wanting a zebra Pokemon. Anyways, I wasn't aware if anybody noticed but the Isshu Region map in the scans look almost identical to the New York City area, as some people have speculated thats what its based off of. If you look on the maps, I've written the corresponding areas:
-there are 3 rivers in both maps, the East, Hudson, and another one
-Hiun City is located in the exact same spot as Lower Manhatten
-In Isshu, there is a large park north of Hiun City that resembles the National Park in Johto. In NYC, Central Park is a well known park.
-The Sky Arrow Bridge in Isshu not only resembles the Brooklyn Bridge, it is also in the same position as it is in NYC
The resemblance is pretty close
isshu-nyc.png
nyc-isshu.png

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Its great to see so much information and so many new Pokemon in one day!!!

Divine_Light said:
There might be more hinted at in the Japanese versions of the games. Just a thought.

That's an interesting speculation. To add it that speculation, what if they had different hints in different versions of the games? Like languages?

I really hope GF doesn't drop the ball with the online like they did in PBR, how we are forced in 3 vs 3 battles instead of a full team.

So I've been reading though all of this and have decided to post.

I Like them all.
yes, even Gear, and floaty floral pants.
so i thought I'd go through them eh?

Chiramii- I love this guy, yeah he's cute, and yes he vaguely resembles that digimon thing, but it isn't enough to distract me. plus he could be like Buneary and have an Evo, and that'd be awesome.

Mun’na- Oh Floral Floaty Pants, you're odd, but you float, and you were referenced in GenI, so you have to be kinda cool eh? I personally won't be training one, but i do like it.

Gear- Yeah it'll probably have a kick bum name in english, but i could possibly see it still be named Gear, or cog, or Cogear, and being a pokemon you have to catch to complete and objective, just imagine if the bridge is broken or something and you have to capture a Gear to put in the bridge to make it work. a kindof pokemon relocation thingy. i think that'd be cool, and it'd give Gear a purpose.

Mamepato- I LOVE this guy. He's cute, he's got potential to evolve awesomely, and i can't wait to see how that turns out.

Hihidaruma- can i just say. WANTWANTWANTWANT. I love this guy, i don't quite know why though. i'm hoping he isn't fire/fighting But, if he is, sweet. i'm naming mine Frank.

Shimama- Quite awesome. i do hope it follows Ponyta and evolves into something more awesome.

Meguroko- Yes please. This thing HAS to evolve, and when it does. it's going to be BAM.

I really hope they do what they did with GenIV and add some evolutions to the end of the pokedex. i'd love to see more pokemon evolve.

BumbleGator, Zebracool and ChinChillin' make me very happy.
The rest I coudl live without.
Especially the Gear Pokemon.
And whatever the heck Munma is

They better evolve into something cool. Specially that Gator.

Umm... that's not a "reference" to a future pokemon, that's either a coincidence or Gamefreak decided to actually make a pokemon like that later.

And it's NOT MUNMA. It's Munna. If it was Munma it would be spelled ムンマ but it's not. It's spelled ムンナ. So it's Munna. And there's no apostrophe neither.

PokéJungle said:
Umm... that's not a "reference" to a future pokemon, that's either a coincidence or Gamefreak decided to actually make a pokemon like that later.
And you can confirm this how?

After hearing some disputes about translations and then reading the Japanese info about all this myself, it's pretty clear that there may have been some errors:

1. Meguroko's Earthquake Spiral should be "overconfident" or "presumptuous" which would also explain why after beating an opponent you are so overconfident that your attack goes up even more.
2. Zekrom's "Terra Voltage" should probably be Tera (as in the prefix for 10^12 power) Voltage.

What I don't understand is why are the Yin/Yang Pokemon Electric/Fire? Yin is supposed to be dark, calm, flowing, quiet, moon, water, etc. and Yang is light, energetic, forceful, sun, fire, etc. So Yang as Fire makes sense, but why Electric for Yin? Yin fits much better as a Water or even Ice type! If they were going for something about bright sunny skies (fire) versus dark stormy skies (electric) then it should be just that without the Yin/Yang thing.

Sabett said:
And you can confirm this how?

Because that's stupid to think that just because a girl says there should be a pokemon with floral print randomly is no reason to assume Munna was apparently designed 10+ years ago =|

PokéJungle said:
Because that's stupid to think that just because a girl says there should be a pokemon with floral print randomly is no reason to assume Munna was apparently designed 10+ years ago =|
actually there is a HUGE reason to think that

FlyScorpion said:
In my opinion, these Pokemon are'nt AS original as they could have been (Im not especially fond of Gear) but im sure i will grow to love them. My favorite so far is Shimama. Ive been wanting a zebra Pokemon. Anyways, I wasn't aware if anybody noticed but the Isshu Region map in the scans look almost identical to the New York City area, as some people have speculated thats what its based off of. If you look on the maps, I've written the corresponding areas:
-there are 3 rivers in both maps, the East, Hudson, and another one
-Hiun City is located in the exact same spot a
s Lower Manhatten
-In Isshu, there is a large park north of Hiun City that resembles the National Park in Johto. In NYC, Central Park is a well known park.
-The Sky Arrow Bridge in Isshu not only resembles the Brooklyn Bridge, it is also in the same position as it is in NYC
The resemblance is pretty close
isshu-nyc.png
nyc-isshu.png

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Its great to see so much information and so many new Pokemon in one day!
yay i like this theory a lot. NO MORE JAPAN. At least it looks like america. Also ive been to new york city so i can relate to this.

PokéJungle said:
Oh ok, so you have no idea either. Just wanted to make sure.

I KNEW I was perplexed by that girl! I completely forgot about her XD. Well, that explains something.

PokéJungle said:
And it's NOT MUNMA. It's Munna. If it was Munma it would be spelled ムンマ but it's not. It's spelled ムンナ. So it's Munna. And there's no apostrophe neither.

I know, that's annoying me too. Although, they've been doing that since Teppouo, so :/. And people calling Gial "Gear". Wouldn't it be ギール instead of ギアル? Or maybe I'm wrong, I'm not fluent in Japanese but I know enough to question that. XD

I know what Munna is....IT'S A SEA PIG!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTkwQjzzq_o

Anyway, I wouldn't put it past GF to put a hint in a game like that, even if it's like 13 years old. Also I think it's wrong to say they are scrapping barrel, they could of plan this. GF likes to put hints into games, remember Jasmine is DPPt? I bet if you go through the old games, you will find a couple of hints that relate to future games.

scuba stevee said:
I know what Munna is...IT'S A SEA PIG!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTkwQjzzq_o

Anyway, I wouldn't put it past GF to put a hint in a game like that, even if it's like 13 years old. Also I think it's wrong to say they are scrapping barrel, they could of plan this. GF likes to put hints into games, remember Jasmine is DPPt? I bet if you go through the old games, you will find a couple of hints that relate to future games.
Coincidence?
Firered Leafgreen's Pokemon Center's center is a black and white pokeball, while in Dppt, its gold and silver pokeball.

[/QUOTE]
yay i like this theory a lot. NO MORE JAPAN. At least it looks like america. Also ive been to new york city so i can relate to this.
[/quote]

You can be excited that it could be New York City, but there is no reason for you to be against it being in Japan. Pokemon is from Japan, is full of Japanese influences, and wouldn't be what it is otherwise. Pokemon still is a Japanese concept and product and it makes sense that it SHOULD deal with Japan, so some respect please~

Back