(1) June CoroCoro Scans Leaked - New Pokemon [6/11]

Well....Didn't know that GameFreak wanted to turn Pokemon into creatures that look like a cross between Neo-Pets and Digimon...neither of which I was a fan of. Uh, I'm going to wait a while until I start hating them, I don't know if it's the fact that I'm getting old for this? (17 in a month) But these don't feel like Pokemon...atleast Munna and the Donkey Kong on fire,...but I really don't like Munna, what is it? it's like Ditto's blob brother...Gear is kind of unoriginal, although maybe they'll play a role with Plusle and Minun. (as others have mentioned). I may not get the game if there are no badges or gyms or elite 4. My sense of accomplishment would not be there if I cannot beat the league champion...
I dunno, I'll have to wait for more information...it just doesn't feel like the days of R/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, or even D/P/P. :(

quilava11 said:
I do not like the fact of a desert or something similar being exactly behind Hiun City, it just doesn't seem logical. :/
Maybe there was some sort of technological disaster that turned grasslands/marshes/forest into the desert? If Hiun is a port city (as it looks to be) at the mouth of a river (that now looks dried up or blocked?) the setup makes sense.

dood, is Mun'na a baby drowzee?

also, they finally made a zebra!

all this time I've been griping about how there are five bell pokémon but no zebra and they finally made one!

I also love the fire one. at first when I saw it I thought it was pokabu's evo

quilava11 said:
Mamepato, Chimarii, Shimama, and Hihidaruma look great. Gear designs is too generic and simple to really stand too much, and I can really understand Mun'na's design. As much as I love the idea of a Dark crocodile I can't seem to like Meguroko too much, here's hoping for an evolution.

The region seems small to me, but I don't think the artwork can tell much. What interested me most were the three mountains in the western area; they remind me a lot of the legendary golems, because one is undoubtly made of ice, and another one is certainly rocky, leaving the third one a greenish hue for Steel.

I do not like the fact of a desert or something similar being exactly behind Hiun City, it just doesn't seem logical. :/

Glad to see there isn't too much water, instead there is a lot of greenery. :)

Reshiram's and Zekrom's ying and yang references are interesting, and also their types. Glad to see GameFreak (not Nintendo!) is starting too change the formula, from what I can tell.

Remember though the first scan of Sinnoh? Here's a pic of it:

We barely got any of the region. They wouldn't spoil the whole thing right away.

So I highly doubt that's the whole region.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Looks like Pokemon can walk behind you again.

Yes yes yes! I loved that. I can't wait to have my electro-zebra behind me!

Zekrom's typing was a bit of a "shock".(He he he...) but I love it. Reshiram makes sense, and fire/dragon is an interesting combo. Yin/yang is awesome. Very zen. The turbo blaze abilty and terra voltage ability sounds really cool. Can't wait to see what those do.

The only thing I'm really ticked off about is Zorua. Why does Zorua have to be an event Pokemon? No events ever come to Canada, with the exclusion of the odd shaymin or darkrai, so I have my doubts about ever getting one. Hopefully I can GTS for a Zorua. But why does Celebi have to be an event pokemon to unlock Zorua? I hate this movie download thing!

Dunno if it's been said before. But Hihidaruma seems to have some basing in a Daruma doll. It shares the characteristic eyes of a Daruma doll:
daruma.gif

A Durma doll is based on a Buddhist monk named Bohidaruma(The origin of "Hihi" in Hihidaruma), who had founded the Zen sect of Buddhism. The dolls are traditionally a toy, but have come to be known as a sort of good luck charm. One tradition involving the Daruma Doll is the purchasing of them with blank, pupiless eyes. The new owner takes the doll and paints in one pupil when they have set a goal. They then paint in the second eye once they have achieved that goal. This tradition encourages the owner to fufill his goals!

Wow. Thanks for the info, PTRob! That is some seriously AWESOME insight!
I'm even more encouraged about 5th gen, now! And may be carrying Hihidaruma after all! I'd be interested to see what that ability does and if it has an effect out of battle.

507!

Well, I must say I'm excited, but not very pleased with what I see.

I like the Crocodile, I think that'll turn into a pretty strong beast...Ground/Dark? YES

My 2nd fav is the Chinchilla, even though it's a cute rodent, I like it.

3rd is the Zebra, a pure Electric Type. I, for one, unfortunately do not have high hopes for it, since it looks like it would follow in the footsteps of either Girafarig/Stantler, (most likely) or be part of a 3-stage line and not add typing - Glares (Bright Looks) at Luxray...Electric/Dark was so possible.

That fire-ape thing looks like Primeape fell in a volcano and got even more pissed off. I love fire types, but isn't Infernape enough, at least for now? That sucker - if it evolves - has potential for ANOTHER Fire/Fighting...:S

The bird is the bird, I never used any of the starting birds, usually there's a dual type flier that comes along that I go with.

The purple psychic this is just plain strange...like a shaven Shaymin. HA!

And the gears look like Bronzor and Magnemite had a baby. Being genderless...that's kinda strange, not really excited at all for GEAR.

I hope evolutions come out soon, I wanna see what Fire Pig turns into!

two things
1: whats up with the pic in the bottom right hand conner of the celebi page?it makes me think that the new movie will have the shinies fight the fakes
2:whats with the zorark cards?

An interesting thought:

Zekrom's ability is "Terra Voltage", with terra being the latin word for earth. I wonder if this ability allows it's Electric type moves to hit ground types? Or perhaps that Zekrom itself is immune to Electric attacks? OR, perhaps it will grant Reshi and Zek unlimitted PP for Fire / Electric type moves respectively (with their tails functioning as "generators" as many people have been speculating).

Guy89 said:
Wow, I'm disappointed, I mean, Gear?

Thank you. Someone who understands me.

crobia_3, I also want to know of these Zororak cards. They look cool, but i question they're meaning.

Ah! I liek some of the new pokes. The giraffe things looks just like Girafirig though.

Mangriff said:
An interesting thought:

Zekrom's ability is "Terra Voltage", with terra being the latin word for earth. I wonder if this ability allows it's Electric type moves to hit ground types? Or perhaps that Zekrom itself is immune to Electric attacks? OR, perhaps it will grant Reshi and Zek unlimitted PP for Fire / Electric type moves respectively (with their tails functioning as "generators" as many people have been speculating).
Is it Terra or Tera? Check this: terawatt!
Either way, those are good guesses and would be good abilities.

Awesome leak. :0 I guess I'll comment on each aspect of the leak individually:

Chiramii: So cute. Almost too cute. xD

Mun'na: I don't like the way it looks, but it's definitely interesting. (Reminds me of a Pikmin enemy.)

Gear: Made me think of Magnemite and Bronzor at first. Kind of strange.

Mamepato: Cute, and the perfect look for a pidgeon. Can't wait to see what it evolves into.

Hihidaruma: This thing looks tough, and really cool. Can't wait to see what else comes from this one.

Shimama: Pretty much all an Electric Zebra can look like, I guess. xD

Meguroko: Earthquake Spiral sounds pretty awesome. If it has decent stats or can evolve into something that does... :0

Zekrom and Reshiram: Confirmation on their Types is great, and their abilities sound awesome (I just wish we knew what they did).

I want to wait to draw some of the new Pokémon until we get clearer images of their art, as the colors are completely off for most of them (just like Zorua and Zoroark's colors were). This is of course thanks to the way the images had to be taken. I'll definitely get line art for them done, though.

Alex(charm)ander said:
Shimama: THUNDERHORSE!!! For those of you who get this Dethklok reference, 100 brownie points.

xD Yes! I'm totally nicknaming one that once I catch one. (Well, maybe "THNDRHORSE" or something, to fit the limit.)

Folding bridge=happy paddy185. Maybe Turbo Blaze could make Reshiram faster after using a Fire Type move.

Also, the aerial view of Isshu is pure super epicness. It appears that Hiun City will be main attraction in Isshu, as past it it looks a bit unnocuppied, with a few cities/towns here and there.

Kevin Garrett said:
So far, so good. Game Freak is getting this game right. Most of them have interesting designs and some competitive strategies are starting to take place. Meguroko will be popular if it has good stats or it evolves with Ground/Dark typing. I look forward to using Earthquake Spiral and Pursuit in tandom.

esperante said:
the only ones i like out of all of these are the gears and the zebra... the rest (especially the fire thing) are really awkward and creepy looking.

I agree with these two posts the most. While they all kind of look dumb at first, I do really like them all. I don't really pay attention to Digimon that much, so really the Chinchilla Pokemon is the only one that stands out for Digimon, for me. That being said, I like the Gear's design a lot. I absolutely love the Electric Zebra as well. Very good choice on animal for sure. The problem I have with the Crocodile is that we already got a Land/Ground Hippopotamus, so I see the similarity there. The typing is cool, sure, but it seems the least creative for me. Every Gen has to have it's Flying type, so I can't complain there even though it looks really similar to Starly. The pink one has a really cool design, as does the Fire guy. He does creep me out though. I hope he has an evolution that's even scarier and cooler.

As expected, the Legendaries second types are Fire/Electric no surprise there. I was expecting something Yin/Yang as well, but I hope they really don't do anything Light/Dark. _-_ The female Professor is cool with a good name. Finally a female lol. The random matches sound excellent. They should have been from the very start in D/P though. I'm interested to see what all the new Abilities and Moves can do in full.

dmaster out.

Back