(1) Isshu's Starter Evolutions Leaked; Another New Pokemon [9/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Water Pokemon Master said:
JUST REMEMBER! Everyone hated Mijumaru at first (I mean REALLY hated) and now it's the most popular starter everyone is talking about. The same seems to be true of its evolutions!

I just know I'll never warm up to Pokabu's evos. The other starters', maybe, but definitely not Pokabu's. :(

They wont make pokabu's evo fire/fighting becuase I dont think they can/want to use the same types for two generations in a row, that would be boring

Like I said before:

You never know what the pokemon is going to turn into because you may not know the reference.

I had no idea why Trapinch turned into Vibrava until Bulbapedia did an origin of species page on it.

There is probably some sort of tale/folk lore/myth relating to a sea otter turning into what looks like a Walrus/Narwal of some sort.

Ok guys mijumaru can evolve into a giant seal. What's wrong? A fire salamander went to a dragon! There is nothing wrong! IMO all of them are good. Pokabu's is starting to grow on me. Though I'm still not choosing it.

I don't think Generation I had the most original designs, especially evolution-wise. Prime examples: Diglett/Dugtrio, Magnemite/Magnezone and Grimer/Muk. Sticking three Pokémon together and/or changing their facial expressions is not what I'd describe as original. :/

I agree i love Narwotter now (My predictions were right again people would use that name and it actually has a nice ring to it).

My, my, this is certainly a hard fandom to please.
Keep in mind that it's been stated that there were hundreds of Pokemon designed right from square one, but not all of them were used. These could be some of those designs, so the only thing making them more or less 'original' to people is the simple fact that they are new.

I quite like the evolutions. I like the colours and the design of Pokabu's evos (I don't think they're any more or less complex than Infernape and Empoleon were), I'm thrilled that Tsutaja's evo lost its legs and is still as smug as ever, and I'm warming up to Mijimaru's supposed evolutions. The colour scheme is throwing me off a bit however, I was expecting the main body colour to remain white. I'm mostly convinced they are real, if not an elaborate hoax. I look forward to the next CoroCoro magazine leak. c:

I agree with the Ganon similarities, I immediately thought of him when I saw Pokabu's supposed evo, too!

Mijumaru still looks like a Samurai in the final form. It still looks like an otter of some sort.

From wikipedia:
"The sea otter is the heaviest member of the family Mustelidae, a diverse group that includes the thirteen otter species and terrestrial animals such as weasels, badgers, and minks. It is unique among the mustelids in not making dens or burrows, in having no functional anal scent glands, and in being able to live its entire life without leaving the water. The only member of the genus Enhydra, the sea otter is so different from other mustelid species that as recently as 1982, some scientists believed it was more closely related to the earless seals. Genetic analysis indicates that the sea otter and its closest extant relatives, which include the African speckle-throated otter, Eurasian otter, African clawless otter and oriental small-clawed otter, shared an ancestor approximately 5 million years ago.
Fossil evidence indicates that the Enhydra lineage became isolated in the North Pacific approximately 2 mya, giving rise to the now-extinct Enhydra macrodonta and the modern sea otter, Enhydra lutris. The sea otter evolved initially in northern Hokkaidō and Russia, then spread east to the Aleutian Islands, mainland Alaska, and down the North American coast. In comparison to cetaceans, sirenians, and pinnipeds, which entered the water approximately 50 mya, 40 mya, and 20 mya, respectively, the sea otter is a relative newcomer to a marine existence. In some respects, however, the sea otter is more fully aquatically adapted than pinnipeds, which must haul out on land or ice to give birth."

So it could become a different type of amphibious otter or a weasel etc.,

@ ManhattantheStar - What are you talking about?! Aside from the dumb look of the fire starter's evolution (and the obviousness that it'll probably be fighting type), the water starter looks great. Far better then Empoleon, and the grass starter is different from the rest. At least it is showing diversity and change for once!

If you take a look at the grass one for example; it has no legs as its final evolution. Which makes sense since how it's suppose to be a grass snake to begin with. In my opinion I do believe the change in pace and the look/designs for 2 out of the 3 pokemon look way cooler then you people are saying.

I won't use the starter(s) for the entire game, because I'm more of a collector then an actual battler so all the pokemon that evolve always go into a storage box, but they look good regardless. I had a funny feeling that Mijumaru's final evolution would be that cool looking.

If those horrors are real, I will be trading an Everstone. The basics better have good base stats.

Mijumaru.... How do go from awesomely cool to something that looks nothing like it.
Pokabu.... Why must always we suffer the dreaded Fire/Fighting type? It looks like an obese sumo pig.
Tsutaaja.... There were so much possibilities for it, such as Flying/Dragon or even Ground.

I am dissapointed with these loads. They have had great potential, but no, TPO doesn't care about what their fans like. Maybe they should actually look on Forums to see what fans want, and give them that. That settles the matter.

lol I am too sad to discuss this further, I respect all of your opinions. I am off to bed, it is quite late here. I hope to wake up tomorrow and read that it was all fake and pokabu can have an amazing bush pig looking design with a nice grenade on its tail lol. By the way, what will the monkount (monkey-count) be now for pokemon? I dont think a zillion can be far off right lol?

I honestly don't have a problem with you not liking them. I have Pokemon that I can't stand like claydol for instance. (Seriously I don't like him) I honestly wasn't too fond of the Torchic line. I mean it was cute but it sucked. Same with combusken only worse it was uglier that Torchic. Blaziken was the saving grace. What I am trying to say is that you and the creators had different ways of thinking. I don't mind the way that they were going. I'm just saying that it's feels a little unfair to say that they are trying to go over the top. It's just that you guys think differently. Like I said I have no problem with people disliking them. Also it while it is your opinion that gen 1 was original, I found it very bland and plain. That's why I think there is no such thing as a bad Pokemon, it's just people have different tastes. We all can't like every Pokemon.

Please stop complaining!

One more time, the pokemon company surprises us and it is a good thing. Personally I hated the final evolutions of piplup and chimchar when they were revealed.

Now, I love the tsutarja final evolution and mijumaru's one even if the water one is very surprising. I am just disappointed about a new Fire/fighting starter...

chimchar15 lol I found what you wrote hilarious simply because you said that blaziken was the saving grace, for me blaziken ruined a perfectly great idea for a line lol. I guess there are different tastes! Lol saying gen1 were bland makes me feel real sad inside lol. I always try to think of what satoshi tajiri said about pokemon, that he wanted to create virtual creatures, and thats what I always thought pokemon should be too. I want to be able to say, 'oh thats like a caterpillar, or a ghost etc.' Not 'thats a pig-looking-wrestler-fireneck.' Its just I really liked pokabu so much... I really pretty much wanted a four legged fire starter.

I hope you realize that just because its standing up doesnt mean its Fire/Fighting. It doesn't look like a fighter in its final form. It looks really sinister, just like Ganon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back