(1) Images of Journey Partner Promo Collections [8/22]

Did anyone notice that they put zorua with the water starter? I think it's because they know hardly anyone likes the water starter and zorua is all like "OMG a movie pokemon!" If they didn't put zorua in there, nobody would buy the water set...lol.

I have a theory. Look at what types are in the sets. Tsutaaja's deck has Grass, Metal and Psychic type. Pokabu's deck has Fire, Normal and Electric-type. And Mijumaru's deck has Water, Ground and Dark-type.

Could these other types be the secondary types of the evolutions of the 5th gen starters?

So a Stage 2 Tsutaaja could be Grass/Metal or Grass/Psychic (or Poison seeing how the TCG have a merged Psychic/Poison type).
Stage 2 Pokabu could be Fire/Normal (doubt it) Fire/Electric (makes sense with tusks).
And a Stage 2 Mijumaru could be Water/Ground or Water/Dark. (It has fangs = Bite = Dark-type)

Thoughts on my theory?

Man the pics are sure blurry. I can make out the Pokemon but not the Attacks and HP and weakness/Resistance. Although the cards do look pretty cool though.:)

I'm going to get ragged on for this, but hear me out.
the Legends sets introduced pokemon prime.
the legends sets were also meant to throw you back to the old days when the mechanics were a bit more simple.

my point is that I've been holding firm to the belief that Lv. X's will come back EVENTUALLY.

It was a good mechanic to the game, why did it have to be short lived?

That was completely off topic, anyways...
I'm looking for the cards to look different from HGSS cards. I don't know why.
these ones do look like they're on the HGSS template, but then again the Lucario EX's were on the EX series template.

I'm just saying it since I'm probably not the only one thinking it.

Divine_Light said:
I have a theory. Look at what types are in the sets. Tsutaaja's deck has Grass, Metal and Psychic type. Pokabu's deck has Fire, Normal and Electric-type. And Mijumaru's deck has Water, Ground and Dark-type.

Could these other types be the secondary types of the evolutions of the 5th gen starters?

So a Stage 2 Tsutaaja could be Grass/Metal or Grass/Psychic (or Poison seeing how the TCG have a merged Psychic/Poison type).
Stage 2 Pokabu could be Fire/Normal (doubt it) Fire/Electric (makes sense with tusks).
And a Stage 2 Mijumaru could be Water/Ground or Water/Dark. (It has fangs = Bite = Dark-type)

Thoughts on my theory?

It would probably be more like Water/Fighting has have been speculated...
And Pokabu's evo could be Fire/Flying (someone mentioned flying pigs once)

But sorry, I think that's very unlikely to happen (mainly the Pokabu's case)...

Metalizard said:
It would probably be more like Water/Fighting has have been speculated...
And Pokabu's evo could be Fire/Flying (someone mentioned flying pigs once)

But sorry, I think that's very unlikely to happen (mainly the Pokabu's case)...

Doh! Ground-type is also a merge type of Fighting and Ground.

Pokabu has yellow on it. It don't know why you just shot it out the sky like that.

That yellow could spread down it's snout to the tusks it will likely grow. Lighting bolt shaped tusks sound awesome to me <3

Ahh, the first set of B/W. The artwork reminds me of the D/P set, all Ken Sugimori art lol. I hope we get more info soon.

dmaster out.

The images are blurry I hope that we get more clearer images to tell how everything looks like.

Ice Arceus said:
The images are blurry I hope that we get more clearer images to tell how everything looks like.

It's like every 'first' card: Ken Sugimori and horrible backgrounds :/ You can prolly tell by now.

This brings back memories of the first cards of Chim, Turt, and Pip

Divine_Light said:
Doh! Ground-type is also a merge type of Fighting and Ground.

Lol! Are you kidding me? I know all that dude... But I was talking about game types, not TCG types...

crm103top08 said:
Did anyone notice that they put zorua with the water starter? I think it's because they know hardly anyone likes the water starter and zorua is all like "OMG a movie pokemon!" If they didn't put zorua in there, nobody would buy the water set...lol.

That is not true. MANY people like Mijumaru.:rolleyes:

I'd get the Mijumaru pack regardless of what was with it. It's the only starter that I like from this gen.

crm103top08 said:

Lol. I thought you were joking for a second...(though it could still be a joke). Many people at the beginning have said that Mijumaru was the worst from this batch of starters. However, many people got used to all three of them and are starting to change their opinions...heck, MANY people have changed their opinions completely! Plus, the speculations of it being a partial Fighting type is helping Mijumaru become even more popular by the second. I believe that the fact that it has fangs changed some opinions and lastly its detachable shell helped to boost its rep. Opinions have changed...Including mine :p

I definitely laughed when I read this though...Zorua for the save xD

EeveeLv99 said:
I'm going to get ragged on for this, but hear me out.
the Legends sets introduced pokemon prime.
the legends sets were also meant to throw you back to the old days when the mechanics were a bit more simple.

my point is that I've been holding firm to the belief that Lv. X's will come back EVENTUALLY.

It was a good mechanic to the game, why did it have to be short lived?

That was completely off topic, anyways...
I'm looking for the cards to look different from HGSS cards. I don't know why.
these ones do look like they're on the HGSS template, but then again the Lucario EX's were on the EX series template.

I'm just saying it since I'm probably not the only one thinking it.

I think they will be back in black and white i mean what elise could they put in as the special card i cant think of any thing so must be.

Back