(1) Ho-Oh and Lugia Figurines Available with HGSS Preorders [1/19]

Nothing interesting to me. They are just OK, nothing that stands out. Probably not worth me pre-ordering it.

Glad to hear they're giving out the Lugia and Ho-oh. Guess I should start trying to convince my parents to let me preorder SoulSilver now. xD

It's too bad they won't be allowing people who preorder both to get the Arceus figure - I was going to try and see if one of my brothers wanted to preorder HeartGold so we could get all three figures. Handing out the Arceus ONLY during that Black Friday promotion (where you only got the thing by buying Platinum on that day) was an incredibly terrible idea. :/

I already got the Arceus figuire from my local GS because I used to work there, so they gave me one when I ordered SS. I agree that giving Arceus out with PT was terrible because PT has lost steam.

Just a tip, but for everyone who is disappointed about the arceus figurine not being included with the HGSS pre-orders you can find the same arceus figurine (or what looks like it) in something called the "Platinum Series Collection"

Here is the link to the image:
http://www.trollandtoad.com/products/fullshot.php?fullshot=289526.jpg

I hope People who already preordered it get it as well. I just reservered it yesterday, I even ask if there was a promotion item and they said the poke-walker. I was like you get that with the game. Gamestop employees are the best for pokemon info... Jk.

Yeah, I wouldn't ask them about specifics, months before the games are released. They pretty much know squat (no offense).

The figures look cool (so I'm going to get them because I always preorder) although I didn't know they gave the Arceus away during Black Friday. :O That was incredibly dumb IMO.

dmaster out.

I'm just hoping they'll be a tad bit bigger than Giratina's was. I pre-ordered it already; I ALWAYS buy my games at my local Game Stop as they're a dollar or so cheaper than Wal-Mart across the street. Also, a gift card almost expired on me. Whew!

EvilMagikarp said:
Just a tip, but for everyone who is disappointed about the arceus figurine not being included with the HGSS pre-orders you can find the same arceus figurine (or what looks like it) in something called the "Platinum Series Collection"

Here is the link to the image:
http://www.trollandtoad.com/products/fullshot.php?fullshot=289526.jpg

That looks like a different figure than the GameStop promo.

I too was unable to get the figure on Black Friday. GameStop had zero extras, and I simply didn't have the cash to buy another copy of Platinum yet again. Hopefully, they'll bring it back for HGSS.

LORDY JONES said:
do those come with if you pre ordered from amazon by going to the link in the earlier post?

which one?

GameStop seems to be the only confirmed retailer right now.

And they're likely referring to the Arceus figure.

Lugia > Ho-Oh. I don't care for it much. I prefer the stylus you got for DP. But hey. It's a cool-lookin' figure nonetheless.

I might have to order it online at walmart then pick it up at the store
Can you do that?
As i will be on vacation in a town that has no gamestop :( on march 14th
But firgures good. ARCEUS WAS DUMB

What in the world was Gamestop thinking giving the Arceus figure out only on Black Friday, and only to those who bought Platinum?! How dumb can you be and still breathe?

So much for my plan for my best friend and I to go in a pre-order together to get the figure...

I guess it's time to browse ebay/amazon for it. =/

EDIT:
No luck on Amazon, but there are a few Arceus figures on ebay if anyone is interested.

Im going to ask my parents to pre-order Soulsilver, so I can get Lugia figurine and the game. The game releases in March which is still 2 months from now :(.

I will most likely get it off from Amazon.

The figurines look pretty cool but I like plushies better though. I hope they give us a choice between plushie or Figurine. I wish I could get my own plushies myself though.:)

Xous said:
Handing out the Arceus ONLY during that Black Friday promotion (where you only got the thing by buying Platinum on that day) was an incredibly terrible idea. :/

It's true that it stinks for the fans, but It was actually smart on their part, and I think it is BECAUSE platinum is losing steam that they decided to do it to boost sales.

(The people at my local gamestop just gave me one though)

I had no idea an Arceus figure was being given away on black Friday, the one day that I would avoid the mall altogether. I was really hoping to get one, but I apparently missed it due to a poorly publicized promotion.

I'm going to pre-order HeartGold. I already got the Lugia figure when I got SoulSilver from PlayAsia. This way, I'll at least have those two.

Back