(1) Genesect on 'CoroCoro' Cover! [7/11]

While staying up hoping to see BW6 scans this pops up. Sure was a surprise. :p But cool for Genesect.

Possible Gen VI? So no RSE remakes?

I hope that's not the case I was kinda hoping for those... I'd LOVE to replay RSE with DS features. =(

Setosama said:
Possible Gen VI? So no RSE remakes?

I hope that's not the case I was kinda hoping for those... I'd LOVE to replay RSE with DS features. =(

What DS features?

Mitja said:
What DS features?

The Double Screens with the attack commands, if possible a menu like in HGSS.

Probably some 3D cut scenes for the awakening of Groudon/Kyogre would be cool too.

among other updates that happened in the DS games.

Wow, so Sugimori's art is really nothing special aside from a few stylized flairs - a rounded canon and those double-eyes. The double-eyes thing was one of the things I actually expected to be the case judging from its sprite, so it's interesting to see that's its official look. Aside from that and the overall roundess... I guess I was nearly spot-on with how the rest of its artwork would look. Kinda boring, but it's awesome to finally have all of the Generation 5 art in our hands.

Water Pokémon Master said:
He's not as scary as I thought he'd be. He seems happy.

Yeah... I was hoping Sugimori would make it look menacing like Deoxys ended up looking, but Genesect just feels... Flat. Robotic. Which I guess fits. (It's just not very interesting.)

That art makes me sad :(.
But early Gen5 finish :O Nooooo!!! We want Gen5 for a bit longer :<
But it's really awesome that Genesect has been announced officially :D

Hurray for Genesect! Boo for ANOTHER Legendary you probably can't nickname without cheating >n>;;; Le sigh. They should just let us nickname Wi-Fi event Pokemon already.

Genesect lookin' pretty awesome. The double-eyes are weird but unique. Didn't think all the artwork we've seen floating around would get the eyes right. I always wondered what the black pixels on his sprites were at the top of his cannon... Looks like some kind of button.

So...can we look forward to a sixth gen Pokémon reveal in the next 6 or 7 months or so, then?

Genesect has been revealed in Japan already, and we are still waiting on a Keldeo reveal in the US.

Water Pokémon Master said:
He's not as scary as I thought he'd be. He seems happy.
I think he just seems happy because the vent? on it's face looks like a smile.

To me he looks emotionless which is what I expect since he is sort of a robot. I actually feel sort of sorry for him. He was resurrected from a fossil just to be turned into a emotionless robot controlled by evil human beings.

The update says it will be distributed sometime between Aug and Sept for Japan. Does at mean THIS August?!?! Because that'd be WAY to early because US hasn't even revealed Keldeo!

Zmaster Y said:
The update says it will be distributed sometime between Aug and Sept for Japan. Does at mean THIS August?!?! Because that'd be WAY to early because US hasn't even revealed Keldeo!
dosn't matter what the us has revealed. its what japan has revealed. and they have allready revealed keldeo and melloetta. now what im hoping is that we get gen 6 early!!! or at least a sneak peek of some of the new gen 6 pokemon in the genesect movie.

Death Bringer said:
dosn't matter what the us has revealed. its what japan has revealed. and they have allready revealed keldeo and melloetta. now what im hoping is that we get gen 6 early!!! or at least a sneak peek of some of the new gen 6 pokemon in the genesect movie.

I would be excited about a new Gen. but I really want some Gen. 3 remakes.

Zmaster Y said:
I would be excited about a new Gen. but I really want some Gen. 3 remakes.

i'd be happy for remakes too, but it just isnt going to happen. you can practically capture every gen 3 pokemon and legendaries in hg/ss, d/p/p, and bw/bw2 so there really wouldnt be a purpose to remake ruby and saphire.

RSE remakes might not be as far off as we think - I would not be at all surprised if they were the first 3DS main series games as a sort of first foray into that platform. And Hoenn would look glorious with such presentation...

Gen VI to follow soon after. Very surprised how quickly this generation has whizzed by.

Back