(1) Electrode and Black Belt from 'Triumphant' [10/13]

Energymite? lolwut? I wanna know who's coming up with some of the odd English names we've been getting on Pokemon cards lately (Honestly, Pain-full Punch?). Otherwise, Black Belt is an awesome comeback card, especially along with Expert Belt. I like how it adds the surprise factor to the game. Then again, most deck lists are already tight for space, so a situational card like this may not make it into most metagame decks.

I just wanna see the game where someone uses Smeargle's Portrait power to use an opponent's Black Belt, then uses his/her own Black Belt, and attaches an Expert Belt to deal an extra 100 to the opponent. That would be an epic turn :p

omgnowailol FIRST!

and machamp x's no guard with four pluspowers = 200 extra damage!
but anyway, electrode prime is just bad, but i can see some people fitting 1-2 black belts into their decks.

Player A: Tail Revenge, 90, KO :D
Player B: Portrait Black Belt, Plays Black Belt, Attaches Expert Belt to Uxie, Plays Crobat G from hand, Flash Bite Gyarados, retreat Smeargle (with Unown Q), Uxie - Psychic Restore, KO.
Player A: ....Wait, what just happened!?
Player B: You just got pwned by a Uxie :)

Wow electrode is beyond useless. If I am reading the power correctly, if you use it and it gets sprayed, Electrode is still KO'd and your opponent takes a prize. 0.0

Would it get KO'd? It is an effect of the power, and spray stops the power. Anyway, why isn't the border shiny?

-edit: nvm I think it would be KO'd

I swear to god, that card "Lost World" better be cut.
And this card "Hunter" better be in the set, otherwise i'd one really mad :/

The 2 cards look Pretty cool. The Electrode looks like a re-release of a previous Electrode but not sure which set it was but I am not sure on Where and if the trainer was released before. The First Electrode I ever got was the Holographic Jungle Electrode and was my first ever rare too XD.:)

^EX FireRed and LeafGreen Electrode ex.

Black Belt will see play. It's a nice card that can be used to catch up if you're behind and steal a quick Prize, but I wouldn't put more than two in my deck. Situational to say the least.

Because being Knocked Out is part of the power, Spray will block it.

Key Text: "If you do, Electrode is Knocked Out." Preventing the power activation prevents every part of the power.

@Mewjadester: Indeed, Hunter better be in this set. It already has awesome artwork (as well as research documents and lost remover)!!

@graberjr - Actually, that key text means that spraying Electrode's power does kill him. For a similar ruling, see the Compendium:

* Poké-Powers that end your turn are receiving errata to make it clear that you still end your turn if the Poké-Power is canceled, such as with Team Galactic's Invention G-103 Power Spray or by Alakazam's "Power Cancel" Poké-Power. Unown V's correct card text should read: "(Poké-Power) Vacation - Once during your turn (before your attack), you may use this power. If you do, your turn ends. Remove 2 damage counters from each of your Pokémon. This power can't be used if Unown V is affected by a Special Condition". (May 1, 2009 Pokemon Organized Play News; May 7, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

As you can see, they added the "If you do, your turn ends" clause so that it would be clear that Power Spray only stops the real effect of the Power. Thus, for Electrode, replace the "your turn ends" with "Electrode is Knocked Out."

Electrode is awful and useless but some people may run a few Black Belts. They'd be OK in a Donphan deck.

Why would they waste a Prime slot on Electrode? That has got to be the most worthless Prime every made. Black Belt is amazing, I can't wait to use it in my Gigas deck. Also I'm pretty confident that we will be getting the Lost World Stadium so everyone go ahead and prepare for it.

Ever notice that Electrode always has at least one effect that results in it being knocked out...what's up with that?

Black Belt is kind of interesting, especially against a good fast deck.

Side question related to article here: WPM was saying that this would likely be the last HGSS set unless a filler set is made between Triumphant (In November) and B/W (the games coming out sometime in April). I know we're losing...what fifteen cards already, but that is not enough to make a filler set, so where would they possibly pick up cards for another set without (wait for it....) American exclusive cards?

graberjr said:
That fail logic just kind of makes me not want to play the TCG.

Exactly. Being able to Spray it and get a free Prize is probably the worst part about this Prime making it almost completely unplayable. Same with Electivire FB Lv.X's turn ending Power and Hippowdon Lv.X's once per game Power. What a shame. Black Belt on the other hand is quite handy. I can definitely see some cool combos with it.

dmaster out.

I know why they released them at the same time! They combo: Use the power to KO Electrode, then black belt for a super mega KO!! Sooo good, practically broken. [/sarcasm]

the cards are nice. its nice to see more and more of these clash at the summit cards in English. i just wish they would reveal a English scan of Mew Prime.

cards look pretty nice. electrode is useless tho. there is a scan of the celebi prime on pokemon.com.

Back