(1) 'Boundaries Crossed' ColdFire Theme Deck List [10/28]

Hooray for good marketing techniques! Slap White Kyurem on a terribad starter deck (this is a low point even for starter decks >_>) and they'll sell by the barrels!
^_^
>_>

Samurott. I already expected that'll be in (I knew with 99.99% certainty it would've been either Samurott or Charizard, but I just didn't see Fire becoming the main color, so Samurott it was). But Keldeo really surprised me, I definitely thought it was impossible that was going to be in (a legendary main-games-wise besides the main card in a theme deck is quite rare, no matter how good or bad it is). I'm also surprised Azumarril and Swanna aren't in: I expected they were going to fill the water lines with them, being uncommon (so: not rare) and all.

As a theme deck itself, ColdFire is definitely better than IceShock, due to it being more reliable (not all unreliable 2-1 or a few 2-2 lines, but actual non-evolving Pokemon as well, and some cards that can set up like Dunsparce, which isn't exactly good but in a theme deck it's great). But IceShock is better for adding to your card collection as a whole thanks to Blastoise.

IMO, White Kyurem's the better Kyurem, because of this: indeed, Black Kyurem's first attack is better. But they're both pretty pathetic, and the difference is small (if White Kyurem flips heads on the first flip, it can't get worse than Black Kyurem's first attack already. And otherwise, it's only an average of 10 damage less, because Black Kyurem has a 50/50 chance for 0 or 20 damage afterwards). But White Kyurem's second attack is much better: both have an average of 100 damage. I MUCH rather take a 50/50 chance for 20 less or 20 more damage, over having to discard an energy. They're still both pretty bad, though.

Well, with one theme deck and preorders, I'll have all my Blastoise ^^ that's nice.

Kyurems are pretty bad, but at least Black Kyurem is usable in Blastoise to OHKO any Dragon ^^

you know what? Just wait for the Black/White Kyurem-EX from the japanese Battle Strength decks... They will probably release them as promos in boxes or tins and they are better than this junk, arguably even better than the main set EXs...

Alex Magicus said:
Well, with one theme deck and preorders, I'll have all my Blastoise ^^ that's nice.

Kyurems are pretty bad, but at least Black Kyurem is usable in Blastoise to OHKO any Dragon ^^

I also thought of this. The problem would really be the lightning energy you would need to attach. The deck is tight in space to keep streaming Keldeo's.

2 HUGH?! WHAT?! Other deck got gyped on that. But they got blastoise so I guess they had to balance things out a bit. But no Charizard is disappointing also.

Yeah when I shot the pic of the deckbox at the pre-release we all were like "dude, blastoise! and this one must have... what? what d'ya mean it's samurott? BLASPHEMY!"

Nice to see my name on the front page though :D

Back