(1) 'Black' and 'White' TV Commercials and New Localizations [2/7]

U-nuh-va

Not what I expected, I never even thought that it would be anything other than U-Noh-Va

Not bad, really. The graphics look pretty neat, overall. I also love how it says that you've got to be a powerful trainer to master the different battle modes. You questioning my abilities as a trainer, announcer guy? Huh? ARE YOU?!?!

Well, when you listen closely he's just saying it fast. U-nova instead of UnOHva, but it's probably meant the same. I was really surprised to hear the name pronounced at the Mall Tour and thought it was a mistake, but the voice in the vid at the Mall Tour demo area is the same as in the Commercial, i think. Maybe we can blame the voice?

Well, U-nuh-vuh sounds far better than u-NO-vuh in my book. Plus it doesn't remind me of some kind of pill every time I hear it. Definitely a good thing.

Who wasn't already saying it u-nuh-vuh?

Also, I predicted Scald for the Boiling Water attack. Very happy to see it's not called Boil Over, herp derp.

^ actually i think alot of the attack name changes are uneeded. they just made them sound alot more unoriginal... :(

speaking about pronunciation how do you people pronounce Minccino,I say it min-chi-no
the same thing with Dewott Deo-Att
new pokemon names are hard to pronounce I still don't know how to pronounce Axew A-zio or A-kszio or A -Zou or A-ksou :mad:@@@@

Man. That video was awesome. The graphics were amazing. Almost as good as the graphics on the Gamecube. The Pokemon look almost as if they were real in a way because of the detail of the art and the games look pretty cool.:)

^Not even close to Gamecube graphics.

These games on the 3DS, however, that's a different story....

And really, people are complaining about You-nuh-va... it's just You-NO-va pronounced really fast.
I always preferred oo-no-va, like the latin word unum and spanish word uno.

I was actually pronouncing the region already "You-nuh-vuh," but I really do like the videos and the graphics are a big improvement from the previous games.

It's Dewott, as in Dew/ott.

Also, so he's rather saying it rather fast, or most of us have been saying it wrong.

Is it me, or since it's pronounced, You-Ner-ver, could it be a reference to universe? Maybe it's just me.

Dang it. I was pronouncing it, "You No Vuh" and by the way that sounds 100x better.

@Player
Never though of Dewott as Dew/Ott, I though of it as Dee-wott.

@Player (again)
It's not pronounced You-Ner-ver. And You-nuh-vah makes more sense to me now.

Probably is, but i think of the dew on grass, you know those drops of water. Anyway, i think these videos are almost the same, as the japanese version, like 6 months ago. Still interesting video though, i can't wait for March 4/6/10.

Well the guy is pronouncing it, You/nuh/ver, You/ner/ver, it does sound like the start of universe to me.

hello i think the ads should give more information about the game

I think you-nuh-vah sounds cooler...

Yes, more information would be nice. Though I think most of it is a marketing gimmick. You know, like, what happens next? Buy the game for the full experience! Money money! Buy this! Blah blah blah....

This video only ramped my excitement up by 100 times! *fangirl squeal*
Lol, anybody notice this, "Unova, a place where the seasons change!"
That's the best they could come up with? I thought the seasons changed everywhere you went, but that's just me...

Commercials look good, but we have already seen the japanese commercials. :p Also, why woud they pronounce Unova You-nu-vuh and not You-no-vah?

Back