(1) B/W Starter Pokemon Revealed in CoroCoro Scans [5/12]

doodad126 said:
Do you know what I noticed, on most of these CoroCoro scans, they do not show the full back sprite. Look at this http://pokebeach.com/news/0510/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-starters-photo-d.jpg The top picture shows the full back sprite when in the middle of the battle but it doesn't show the full back sprite at the "What will this Pokemon do?" screen in the bottom picture. Isn't that strange?

I'm thinking you can pick it in the settings or it's only for important battles...

Dood, so each one of the starters is two feet tall? XD Having a two feet tall, 21 pound pig following you around seems a little ominous.
Oh, and the Golden Gate Bridge is in one of the city shots. Woot, America for the win! No wonder they said it was a far away place. Probably will mean we can't trade with any of the other games, though, since America is way far away from Japan.

kaorusquee said:
Dood, so each one of the starters is two feet tall? XD Having a two feet tall, 21 pound pig following you around seems a little ominous.
Oh, and the Golden Gate Bridge is in one of the city shots. Woot, America for the win! No wonder they said it was a far away place. Probably will mean we can't trade with any of the other games, though, since America is way far away from Japan.
Makes perfect sense, since we have to trade over the event shiny beasts.
:/

So this game is based in America, huh? MAN they must think highly of us to give the city whose name we know such a warm, inviting name. LOL

HikaruAyame said:
Makes perfect sense, since we have to trade over the event shiny beasts.
:/

So this game is based in America, huh? MAN they must think highly of us to give the city whose name we know such a warm, inviting name. LOL
LOL indeed. I've never thought of SanFran as being QUITE that bad. XD

Sudowoodo said:
So is this all the information we"ll be getting from Coro Coro, or will we get more on the 15th?

This is it as far as scans go, but when we get clearer scans there may be more information in text that is currently too blurry to read.

I doubt if we get anymore information until Pokemon Sunday. They might reveal some information, but not a lot.

kaorusquee said:

i doubt that.the reason why you couldnt trade Pokémon between G/S/C and R/S/E was because the technology wasn't there. but this is 2010 the technology is there for it so I think we will be able to trade...but if not, then I will cry for a very long time..... plus remember, they only base the land features off of Japan it isnt really Japan....

forums sure are going slow today....

Ice Arceus said:
I doubt if we get anymore information until Pokemon Sunday. They might reveal some information, but not a lot.

You kidding? They'll just go over what we already know from CoroCoro. Best we can hope for from them is a 1 second battling clip of the starters or something like that. New information is a nonexistant topic for them.

@pokemonvacation: It's been confirmed that there is a way to trade between the games, since we have to get the shiny legendary dogs over to there somehow. They're given out on DPPtHGSS.

Pfft. So much for good battle backgrounds. The earliest images showed actual good stuff. Now we have backgrounds that essentially are the same as DPPt's battle backgrounds. I understand that this is beta, but why change from good to a copy?
I do like the fact that they use actual shadows instead of just circles. If the shadows change based on the weather, I will be impressed.

And we finally get a cool-looking snake. Tsutaja will be my starter. Pokabu (Might I add that changing the O to an I and adding an L and you have Pikablu) just looks too ridiculous to take seriously. Mijumaru just looks too much like Piplup.

I'm assuming it doesn't, but if all that Illusion does is change your appearance, it's completely useless.
Speaking of Zoroark, I find it interesting that you catch it from an event. Maybe this is sort of like the Manaphy we got in DP, and breeding is the only way to get Zorua. Just guessing.

Pokefan4000 said:
Pfft. So much for good battle backgrounds. The earliest images showed actual good stuff. Now we have backgrounds that essentially are the same as DPPt's battle backgrounds. I understand that this is beta, but why change from good to a copy?
I do like the fact that they use actual shadows instead of just circles. If the shadows change based on the weather, I will be impressed.

I'm assuming it doesn't, but if all that Illusion does is change your appearance, it's completely useless.
Speaking of Zoroark, I find it interesting that you catch it from an event. Maybe this is sort of like the Manaphy we got in DP, and breeding is the only way to get Zorua. Just guessing.
Maybe they only had time for the one background to be finished, and they didn't want every fight to have the same backdrop? Or somebody goofed and forgot to change it.

My guess would be it changes your stats. So if you changed into a Snorlax, you'd have loads of HP, a jolteon would be super fast, etc.

But unless it was mistranslated last month's CoroCoro said that Zorua evolved by a method never seen before. We've seen pokemon that don't evolve before. :D My guess is there's something special about the Shiny Beast Zoroark. Maybe wild ones/bred ones have a different ability?

I personally think that these starters rock!

My opinion:

Grass starter: Looks great, but I think that the arms could need a little improvement. I did say just a little. Besides that, it looks really nice.:)

Fire starter:My favorite out of the three. I sure hope that it will evolve into some kind of boar pokemon. :D

Water starter:Not crazy about it, but still looks nice.
For people that hate the water starter, I'm sure that it's evolutions will look awesome.

1273726102672.jpg

/love the water starter

ENGLISH NAME SPECULATION!

Pigglit

Snavine

Cubble

i dont know if anyone already post it..or if my eyes are just bad, i mean i noticed somethings in the battle screens.. i quickly used paint so..yeah xD

pkmn22.jpg

on the first image
1. in the upper left image you see that Raikou charge an attack
and in the other picture that the way he stands is diffrent than the upper one

2. kinda the same as Raikou, the left screenshot of Zoroark shows his normal sprite while in the right image you see his arms more down his body while hes use his abillity

3. The Entei sprites look comepletely diffrent then the one in the other pic, there his sprite is just...diffrent xD

i'am sorry if you guys discussed this already..but i just saw it and i kinda could not find it in other posts..

Solar-Sceptile said:
3. The Entei sprites look comepletely diffrent then the one in the other pic, there his sprite is just...diffrent xD

The reason they look different is because one of them isn't Entei. It's Raikou.

Back