(1) 6th Generation Coming Soon? [11/26]

no, I can't stand its d/p/p/b/w sprite of mew. the best mew is hgss and the best mewtwo is rby.

but mewtwo is like the kyurems, there supposed to be ugly.

Metalizard said:
Teal said:
Mew and Mewtwo are the second ugliest (M) and the ugliest (M2) Pokémon.
It is only natural for M3 to be even uglier.
What did you expect.

I agree Mewtwo is one of the ugliest, but Mew isn't ugly at all. It's definetely one of the cutest (except the sprite from Green).

Resembling a fetus would have that effect. Any game other than Green made its sprite cuter which I don't really understand. You would never guess from its design that it has the DNA of all Pokemon. NA R/B really ruined the design of an otherwise very well thought out and well designed Pokemon.

Mewtwo is naturally ugly. It's "the result of years of horrific gene splicing" experiments so Mewtwo is another one of those needs-to-be-ugly Pokemon. By everyone saying its ugly I assume Gamefreak got what they wanted from Mewtwo's design.
Boy Gen 1 sure liked their man made Pokemon

RB was sort of pushing on new technology.

but this is not the place to discuss themes.

Nintendo Direct today announced that two new games will be on the eshop early 2013, one of which is made by Gamefreak. What if they are releasing Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald onto the eshop and then moving on quickly to Generation VI which they seem to be in a hurry to do? This actually seems probable as it allows people to play the games on the 3DS which have no GBA slot and move on to Generation VI.

-- Ignore what I said, I just found out we already know the name of the game they are releasing, "Harmo Knight", but it's still possible right?

DragonTamer said:
Nintendo Direct today announced that two new games will be on the eshop early 2013, one of which is made by Gamefreak. What if they are releasing Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald onto the eshop and then moving on quickly to Generation VI which they seem to be in a hurry to do? This actually seems probable as it allows people to play the games on the 3DS which have no GBA slot and move on to Generation VI.

-- Ignore what I said, I just found out we already know the name of the game they are releasing, "Harmo Knight", but it's still possible right?

They seem to not want to release GBA games into the e-shop for some reason....

Since I don't think that they would modify it to work differently on the 3DS than a plain GBA emulation if that were the case, it would kind of suck, since you couldn't trade/transfer your pokemon from it, and it would still be missing the special/physical split for example... but if they managed to be creative and figured out something unorthodox along those lines (a modified/improved port of the games sold like any 3DS game that can be downloaded), that would finally bury the remake demand without them having to waste much time to milk it and shut the RS crowd up.

But IMO gamefreak already has some bigger plan on how to milk the Hoenn nostalgia, it just isn't the right time now, what with the genV is done/3DS is overdue issue and all.

I feel like the 6th Generation will probably just be an expansion of the Hoenn region.
Like they probably won't do remakes but what they might do is have a completely new region (6th gen) and something happens...blah blah... and it ends up with Groudon and Kyogre transforming? (new form?) and then they leave for Hoenn. Then we get to fly to Hoenn after the elite 4 and battle old gym leaders, and capture Groudon or Kyogre depending on the game. Now obviously a lot would be different but I actually would welcome something like this.

Maybe it could even be expanded, like by adding side plots. Something like a new event space pokemon would be cool, we could have Deoxys have a new enemy (movie plot?) sure Rayquaza is cool enemy but another space pokemon would be pretty sweet.

Mitja said:
DragonTamer said:

Since I don't think that they would modify it to work differently on the 3DS than a plain GBA emulation if that were the case, it would kind of suck, since you couldn't trade/transfer your pokemon from it, and it would still be missing the special/physical split for example... but if they managed to be creative and figured out something unorthodox along those lines (a modified/improved port of the games sold like any 3DS game that can be downloaded), that would finally bury the remake demand without them having to waste much time to milk it and shut the RS crowd up.

But IMO gamefreak already has some bigger plan on how to milk the Hoenn nostalgia, it just isn't the right time now, what with the genV is done/3DS is overdue issue and all.

they can make a special app on the eshop for trading your hoenn pokemon (if the game comes to the eshop)

Phoenix EX said:
I feel like the 6th Generation will probably just be an expansion of the Hoenn region.
Like they probably won't do remakes but what they might do is have a completely new region (6th gen) and something happens...blah blah... and it ends up with Groudon and Kyogre transforming? (new form?) and then they leave for Hoenn. Then we get to fly to Hoenn after the elite 4 and battle old gym leaders, and capture Groudon or Kyogre depending on the game. Now obviously a lot would be different but I actually would welcome something like this.

Maybe it could even be expanded, like by adding side plots. Something like a new event space pokemon would be cool, we could have Deoxys have a new enemy (movie plot?) sure Rayquaza is cool enemy but another space pokemon would be pretty sweet.

if theres hoenn remakes there would possibly be two or three new Deoxys formes

Guys, lets start talking about what the pokemon might BE in the 6th gen. I NOW think that the legendary/pokemon that will tie in with genesect will be a BEAST. As I mentioned before, the trailer shows that genesect is clearly running from something. This could be the original dragon OR, a pokemon that has been worn down over the years and has regenerated to come back and fight genesect. IF we do get someone new, I expect something along the lines of this: http://shinyscyther.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=120#/d2qhhup

Arceusect2 said:
Guys, lets start talking about what the pokemon might BE in the 6th gen. I NOW think that the legendary/pokemon that will tie in with genesect will be a BEAST. As I mentioned before, the trailer shows that genesect is clearly running from something. This could be the original dragon OR, a pokemon that has been worn down over the years and has regenerated to come back and fight genesect. IF we do get someone new, I expect something along the lines of this: http://shinyscyther.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=120#/d2qhhup

I'm almost certain that it won't be a legendary but a pseudo-legendary type that will probably mirror how Zoroark was introduced as the 1st 5th generation Pokemon for the last 4th generation film.

Something chasing Genesect...IDK why but Im thinking of Deoxys when I imagine that scene... especially if you add an area 51 vibe.

Phoenix EX said:
Arceusect2 said:

I'm almost certain that it won't be a legendary but a pseudo-legendary type that will probably mirror how Zoroark was introduced as the 1st 5th generation Pokemon for the last 4th generation film.

They don't need to follow that.

IMO its just as likely that we get #650, which would turn out being a similar case as Victini.

I mean am I the only one who thinks BW stopping at 649 instead of 650 is plain weird?

Mitja said:
Something chasing Genesect...IDK why but Im thinking of Deoxys when I imagine that scene... especially if you add an area 51 vibe.

Phoenix EX said:

IMO its just as likely that we get #650, which would turn out being a similar case as Victini.

I mean am I the only one who thinks BW stopping at 649 instead of 650 is plain weird?

Sinnoh stopped at 493, no one found that weird. If #650 does end up being a Victini for the 6th generation then I welcome it.

Phoenix EX said:
Mitja said:

Sinnoh stopped at 493, no one found that weird. If #650 does end up being a Victini for the 6th generation then I welcome it.

I know and Hoenn stopped at 386, but neither of these was specifically imitating the original generation like V did.

Either way, if VI turns out to be a "Johto"-kind of region, I'm confident they'll go for the 750 by introducing 101, since V was a huge addition.

What I'm thinking is if the "Victini" scenario is true, then theyve had #650 designed with gen V already, but kept it out of gen V to keep it a secret.

I don't know why you guys think that something is (even "clearly") "chasing" Genesect.
Nothing is chasing it. It just runs because it looks cool. That's it.
Mitja said:
What I'm thinking is if the "Victini" scenario is true, then theyve had #650 designed with gen V already, but kept it out of gen V to keep it a secret.
Does this mean you consider Victini a Sinnoh or gen 4 Pokémon?

Teal said:
Mitja said:
Does this mean you consider Victini a Sinnoh or gen 4 Pokémon?

No, Victini is by all means and definitions a gen V pokemon.
"had #650 designed with gen V already"
"but kept it out of gen V"

this hypothetical #650 would be gen VI.

When the first gen was designed, they made 190 Pokemon, but put the 40 aside, turned it into 100 and used the for gen II.
Don't think anyone considers those 40 as gen I either, even though they were "made" in gen 1.

Or Shellos being from gen III... and who knows how many we don't know about that were made earlier than they got introduced.

Who honestly thinks that 6th gen will connect to unova? Think, wouldn't they have DISCOVERED it between the two years of black and white 2?

pokemon is going to slow down 5th gen

nevermind pokemon 5th generation is going to be over soon

Mitja said:

LOL

Guess what pokemon theyre handing out next week.

But then again, it probably has to nothing to do with any of this and is just to balance the fact that there hasn't been a Deoxys event for long, and without RS remakes, its the way to do it.

Besides, theres Deoxys promotion in TCG, and we had the exact same thing happening last year with Mewtwo on smash and event lol, so move one, nothing to see here :B

Mitja said:
Mitja said:

LOL

Guess what pokemon theyre handing out next week.

But then again, it probably has to nothing to do with any of this and is just to balance the fact that there hasn't been a Deoxys event for long, and without RS remakes, its the way to do it.

Besides, theres Deoxys promotion in TCG, and we had the exact same thing happening last year with Mewtwo on smash and event lol, so move one, nothing to see here :B

For all we know maybe both Mewtwo and Deoxys may make an appearance. Aha one can dream right? But yeah we'll have to wait until next week and see what happens!

Definitely agree with what you're saying. I was very annoyed that 5th gen was held back on the DS, both BW1 and BW2 felt kind of shoddy in some respects. It's about time Pokemon made the jump to the 3DS, so we can see the true next gen Pokemon. So yeah, I don't mind them hurrying 5th gen out the door at all.

Mitja said:
DragonTamer said:

They gave away some GBA games to 3DS ambassodors (the people who bought it for $250):ninja

Back