(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Leaks, Confirms Mewtwo’s New Forme [4/12]

I'm very interested to see the new Pokemon that they make that are part of an evolutionary line that already exists. C:

Delta said:
If this turns out to be true then I can see the return of Team Rocket who created the damn abomination in the first place returning to screw with it even more.

But they did not create it.
It was created by scientists who worked together in the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar. And that was hardly a shady Rocket operation.
There are hints to Fujis involvement, and perhaps Blaine.

Wait a minute people!
This movie still revolves around Unova, so whatever the reason for Mewtwo to get a new Forme, it's not going to be crucial for gen6. (That would be like releasing a Giratina Origin Forme movie with Hoenn characters).

The new Mewtwo is definitely a Legy, but of the non-game/story-canon kind like shaymin. This probably means Mewtwo will get a 6th gen event so you can access it and the new forme in the game (e.g. Keldeo to change forme).

Though the future anime episodes state that the crew takes another boatvoyage... Could the Unova characters travel to the 6th region (with team plasma following --> which would be terrible)?? Or is the Genesect movie still after those events...

Mitja said:
Delta said:
If this turns out to be true then I can see the return of Team Rocket who created the damn abomination in the first place returning to screw with it even more.

It was created by scientists who worked together in the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar. And that was hardly a shady Rocket operation.

Oh, of course they didn't. Yeah. Thanks for the correction. They did try to do something with Mewtwo in the past so my point still stands. I'll edit that stupid mistake...wait...no they didn't. Christ I'm an idiot.

Xous said:
I think viewing these kinds of situations as "exploiting" older things is simply a matter of perspective - I can't agree with that stance, but at the same time it may be correct and my stance of Game Freak wanting to "evolve" certain aspects of their Pokémon may be incorrect. Without working for the company and hearing their reasons when they decide to make the changes, it's hard to truly know if they're doing it to exploit their old material or if they're actually doing it because they think it'd be something exciting and fun, something they truly want to do out of love.

I'd like to think that they're doing it out of love, but I also think that they are trying to hang on to their love for as long as possible making the series lose its gorgeous looks over the years like a rich husband who forces his wife to have constant plastic surgery.

Xous said:
In my opinion, expecting a "real excuse" for going back and allowing old Pokémon to evolve isn't necessary. To me, it seems they genuinely wanted to give those Pokémon a chance to evolve (in more than just the in-game sense), to expand their possibilites and backstories. For all I know, it's possible that somewhere at the backs of their minds when coming up with those Pokémon (Piloswine, Rhydon, Tangela, etc.) they could have felt that if they had the chance to give them evolutions, they would. I simply don't know.

I suppose with a world so large and as popular as Pokemon I would expect to see a fully fleshed out game. I would read all the lore. It wouldn't go unnoticed to be able to read the professors logs instead of just being a plot device. This is still an RPG and having the whole Pokemon world to explore will just be magnificent. It's, as you say, dependent on how you look at it.

Xous said:
To me, the "running out of ideas" stance is a cop-out argument; I'm 100% certain if they absolutely wanted to they could have Generation after Generation of brand-new ideas, it's just not what they want to do. If fans can create Generation after Generation of Fakemon that are completely original, I'm certain Game Freak, with their limitless resources available, who can literally get any artist to come up with concepts, is more than capable of doing the same. For that reason, I just don't see how people can honestly believe Game Freak can even be close to running out of ideas. Just look up all of the fake Dexes and regions made by fans... Then think of how many Generations those original ideas could represent. Game Freak can do that tenfold.

I would personally love to see a new generation with no cross generational evolutions and a regional dex without existing Pokemon. If they have infinite concept artists (and I'm trying to sound as non-douchey as possible here) then something like this would be entirely possible. I think it shows brand new ideas, a way of balancing the amount of water Pokemon with fire. If there was a generation like this paired with a full world then that would put me in my place, showing that Gamefreak still pours love into the games and fans.

DNA showed me that I'm very very stupid. Sorry. Let me rephrase.
If a generation was filled with Pokemon that have none of the cross generational evolutions, like gen 5, and had a large amount of lore in the game for you to uncover then that would put me in my place, showing that Gamefreak still pours love into the games and fans.

Xous said:
I don't ever think each Generation of Pokémon was meant to be filled with all new things. Even Generation 2 is proof of that - it introduced evolutions of pre-existing Pokémon. Clearly, at times Game Freak wants to go back, bring things from a previous Generation, and evolve them. Give them fresh outlooks, new possibilities. Generation 2 and 4 brought things from the past and added to them, and now 6 does the same. I don't think Game Freak is "running out of ideas" because they choose to go back and add to something from the past - instead, I believe this is what they do, and always have done, and will continue to do because that may be how they feel Pokémon should be done.

Generation 2 holding some new evolutions is perfectly fine since they may have not been able to fit that much memory on the cartridge and it introduces the concept of trading while holding an item. However this is a 5 generation gap. I even like the look of Sylveon but find it completely stupid that they are still trying to make Eevee relevant and interesting. However this is simply difference of opinion.

Xous said:
I guess all I'm saying is I'm not seeing these changes as them exploiting old ideas or them "running out of ideas" because to begin with I view their intentions as pure / not greedy / however you want to put it. It may all come down to where you view them from.

I think the opposite but agree with that last sentence :3
I hope my ramblings make sense because saying negative things sometimes forces me to not think them through.

Hey guys,Check out this hilarious Mewtwo transformation video. I think Genesect bluescreened.Now I'm starting to wonder if Giovanni will appear in the film,Where theres Mewtwo theres...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITWBX1OAtLw

Mitja said:
Delta said:

Blaine was DIRECTLY involved if you read Pokemon Special/Adventures.

Setosama said:
Mitja said:

Aint cannon bro. Anaime & Manga don't tie in with the games.

Although, Giovanni was involved with the cloning of Mew (Mewtwo always trained in his gym)

Blui said:
Setosama said:

Although, Giovanni was involved with the cloning of Mew (Mewtwo always trained in his gym)

Well, if you're only gonna go off the video games, there is NOTHING in the Video Games that says Team Rocket was directly involved in creating Mewtwo. The only reason people relate Mewtwo as Team Rocket's creation IS SOLELY the Anime and the Special Manga.

Go through the entirety of Cinnabar Mansion and show me where in ANY of the Journal Entries they say Team Rocket was involved. Look as hard as you'd like in ANY of the games. NO WHERE does it say Mewtwo was created by Team Rocket NOR affiliated with them in any way, shape, or form.

Setosama said:
Blui said:

Well, if you're only gonna go off the video games, there is NOTHING in the Video Games that says Team Rocket was directly involved in creating Mewtwo. The only reason people relate Mewtwo as Team Rocket's creation IS SOLELY the Anime and the Special Manga.

Go through the entirety of Cinnabar Mansion and show me where in ANY of the Journal Entries they say Team Rocket was involved. Look as hard as you'd like in ANY of the games. NO WHERE does it say Mewtwo was created by Team Rocket NOR affiliated with them in any way, shape, or form.

It trains in Giovanni's gym. What more connection do you need? That at least puts it at somewhat plausible.

Blui said:
Setosama said:

It trains in Giovanni's gym. What more connection do you need? That at least puts it at somewhat plausible.

What are you talking about?
When the gym is still locked or what hahaha

Mitja said:
Blui said:

In Gold and Silver. Someone says that Mewtwo trained in Viridian Gym when Giovanni was there.

Blui said:
Mitja said:

In Gold and Silver. Someone says that Mewtwo trained in Viridian Gym when Giovanni was there.

You are tripping pokeballs. Mewtwo was not available in Gold and Silver, nor does does anybody in the originals NOR the remakes say any such thing. None of it's pokedex entries say anything about it either. Don't believe me? all of them are listed here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mewtwo_(Pok%C3%A9mon) YOU. ARE. DEAD. WRONG.

Mewtwo being a possession of Team Rocket and training with Giovanni is only a product of the anime which every other Pokemon media, EXCEPT THE VIDEO GAMES, adopted. Similar cases of this include Harley Quinn and Mr. Freeze's backstory from Batman: The Animated Series being put to use in both the Batman Comics and *shudder* Batman & Robin.

Blui said:
Mitja said:

The closest anyone says about Viridian City at all in 2nd gen is when Blue's sister remarks that her brother is the gym leader. Everyone else comments on how there is no gym leader.
I don't even think the word Mewtwo is uttered or written down anywhere other than the ROM's code.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Rocket

FURTHER PROOF!

Note that Mewtwo's name ONLY appears under the sections: "In the anime" and "In the Manga" and under the 2 Team Rocket's Mewtwo TCG Cards. NO WHERE does it say Team Rocket created Mewtwo in the games.

Back