“World Championship 2023 Decks” Revealed for March!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The next set of World Championship decks will release on March 1st — featuring replicas of the winning decks from Worlds 2023 in Yokohama, Japan!

6569648_rd-200x178.jpg

6569648cv11d-200x183.jpg

6569648cv12d-200x178.jpg

6569648cv14d-200x183.jpg

6569648cv15d-200x178.jpg

6569648cv17d-200x183.jpg

6569648cv18d-200x178.jpg

6569648cv20d-200x183.jpg

As we posted a few weeks ago, the decks to be distributed this year include:

Vance Kelley’s...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
The 2023 Elite Four lineup... this year, we saw Lugia awaken from slumber to conquer the universe. We saw Iono come straight outta Levencia to catch opponents in one of the most effective and disruptive Electrowebs in history. We saw Mew and Genesect proving to the world that the future was Fusion. We saw the darkness of the Lost Zone rear its head in more deadly methods than ever. And we saw the ever-popular Gardevoir tacking on some more competitive highlights to its storied TCG legacy. Even good ol' love-him-or-hate-him Charizard had a face turn and became one of the very best decks in the game!

This is 2023 in the Pokemon TCG, Trainers. Here's to more legendary breakthroughs, star cards, and battles in the 2024 metagame!

Previously I thought these were kind a of a weird product with the cards not being legal, but I think at the $15 price point it makes sense. If they were legal cards they would likely have to be sold at a higher price point to avoid people just scooping them up to resell the singles. This is a good way to commemorate these decks and give players an affordable way to try them out, even if they can't be used in sanctioned tournaments.

i watched the final live and it was crazy. im getting both masters decks. also, tord's deck calls iono "the comeback kid" which is kind of weird (isnt she and adult?)

Cool and all but most of the cards are gonna rotate the following month so what's the point of selling them in March

Cool! Seems like a great way to collect a snapshot of past metas and play them with friends. Wanna play 2023's yokohama format? Great there are decks you can buy to do that. Want to play london 2022's format? Cool, there's decks for that too.

Previously I thought these were kind a of a weird product with the cards not being legal, but I think at the $15 price point it makes sense. If they were legal cards they would likely have to be sold at a higher price point to avoid people just scooping them up to resell the singles. This is a good way to commemorate these decks and give players an affordable way to try them out, even if they can't be used in sanctioned tournaments.
I also really like that you can play with them in GLC decksif your locals are fine with that. Gives some random cards like hisuian heavy ball or evo incense a touch more rarity!

Back