“VSTAR Universe” Main Set Officially Revealed!

I’m glad we get the Turtwig line but it’s sad that they’re just reprints. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t wait to get my hands on those reverse holos but I would’ve loved a radiant Torterra or something

There isn't one and there is no space for it. There are only 2 ARs we don't know about and they have to be either Dark, Metal or Dragon. I think they might be Zoroark and Magnezone.
Meloetta doesn't exist, their is only DTE

charjabug is cool. I think you could make an argument for certain RR cards to be used in GLC but Radiants are not one of them.

charjabug, the battery pokemon. it charges with electricity ------
"ability: it does damage"
"but I thought he was going to"
"nope. damage"
"dont you always use ampharos for that?"
"now its the battery bus"
"sigh"

the rarity above rare, idk what it is called anymore. in english sets they have silver/white stars rather than black ones for a rarity marking.

EDIT: jfc I think it should be used, rather than "rule box," to determine what can and can't be used in more casual formats including glc.

Last edited:
the rarity above rare, idk what it is called anymore. in english sets they have silver/white stars rather than black ones for a rarity marking.

EDIT: jfc I think it should be used, rather than "rule box," to determine what can and can't be used in more casual formats including glc.
The reason GLC bans rule box is because it's a simple way to determine what groups of cards are banned. Using rarity is way too complex and creates too many questions.

Also, that would result in a blanket ban on amazing rares.

The reason GLC bans rule box is because it's a simple way to determine what groups of cards are banned. Using rarity is way too complex and creates too many questions.

Also, that would result in a blanket ban on amazing rares.
and a blanket unban on prism star cards, which I'd argue are not as good in most situations.
But since amazing is its own rarity, you could say anything "Amazing" and below, for example. Nothing with a silver star. Idk.
Its not an easy solution, to be sure. The perfect variant format is out there, but I don't think it has been discovered yet.

and a blanket unban on prism star cards, which I'd argue are not as good in most situations.
But since amazing is its own rarity, you could say anything "Amazing" and below, for example. Nothing with a silver star. Idk.
Its not an easy solution, to be sure. The perfect variant format is out there, but I don't think it has been discovered yet.
The addition of unique rarities just makes it unnecessarily complicated and isn't worth it. Promos make things even more complicated. And what about full-arts and secret rare versions of higher rarity cards? It's just a mess that results in a super complex ban just to allow use of a couple of additional cards. It's not worth it. Banning ruleboxes is fine. Sure, you can argue that some Radiants and Prism Stars are balanced, but you can also argue that some multi-prizers are fine as well. There's no format that can include every "fair" card while excluding every "unfair" card.

There's a reason GLC took off and even got recognition from TPCi while U150 didn't.

The addition of unique rarities just makes it unnecessarily complicated and isn't worth it. Promos make things even more complicated. And what about full-arts and secret rare versions of higher rarity cards? It's just a mess that results in a super complex ban just to allow use of a couple of additional cards. It's not worth it. Banning ruleboxes is fine. Sure, you can argue that some Radiants and Prism Stars are balanced, but you can also argue that some multi-prizers are fine as well. There's no format that can include every "fair" card while excluding every "unfair" card.

There's a reason GLC took off and even got recognition from TPCi while U150 didn't.
You can use alt arts that have been reprinted as a higher rarity already...

GLC being vaguely popular has something to do with being able to play it on ptcgo, imo, but the main thing that held u150 back was changing the functionality of printed cards. ever tried u150 without those changes? its amazing. To be frank, most variant formats that exclude non-evolving basics are excellent. Card design hasn't changed drastically from the beginning of the game. In a hypothetical vintage format, plenty of old cards would see play. And I disagree, there is a format out there that excludes unfair cards, it just hasn't been defined yet. "Rulebox" is close, but excludes some interesting, fair effects as well. I think pauper is also close, but not quite there.

You can use alt arts that have been reprinted as a higher rarity already...

GLC being vaguely popular has something to do with being able to play it on ptcgo, imo, but the main thing that held u150 back was changing the functionality of printed cards. ever tried u150 without those changes? its amazing. To be frank, most variant formats that exclude non-evolving basics are excellent. Card design hasn't changed drastically from the beginning of the game. In a hypothetical vintage format, plenty of old cards would see play. And I disagree, there is a format out there that excludes unfair cards, it just hasn't been defined yet. "Rulebox" is close, but excludes some interesting, fair effects as well. I think pauper is also close, but not quite there.
Nothing except a straight-up comprehensive banlist can accomplish what you're asking. It's simply impossible to have a blanket rule that conveniently allows every single "fair" card to stay. You're lying to yourself, I'm sorry.

Nothing except a straight-up comprehensive banlist can accomplish what you're asking. It's simply impossible to have a blanket rule that conveniently allows every single "fair" card to stay. You're lying to yourself, I'm sorry.
I don't know how to respond to this other than... it's okay? I'm hoping someone smarter than me will figure out how to create that blanket rule, but I can't think of how at the moment. If that's me lying to myself then I guess I'm happily deluded.

CHONKY RESCUE CARRIER
Please make Amelicart draw every staple trainer onwards pls
Wasn't here supposed to be a new Colress too?

Back