Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Last edited:

Marcia Demme

Aspiring Trainer
Right away, Zisu can be insane. I can't tell you how many times I've only had two cards in my hand and my opponent has had 8. Playing Zisu would let me draw seven more cards. I think you would only play one of her in a deck for situations like that. Also, at this time, I can't wait to see all the cards translated :D This set looks amazing!!

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
So who are we predicting gets the alt arts? Palkia and Dialga for sure. And maybe Wyrdeer and Sneasler?

BugBoyInaButterflyExhibit

Aspiring Trainer
So who are we predicting gets the alt arts? Palkia and Dialga for sure. And maybe Wyrdeer and Sneasler?

At first, I was going to pick the cards that didn't get illustrated Vs, but it seems like they went all out and picked great art for many of them. Hoping for at least 3 alt Vs and 1 VMAX in each set. Could be 4 and 1 if they follow Silver Lance/Jet Black Poltergeist.

Maybe Dialga, Jirachi, Wyrdeer, Machamp, Machamp VMAX for Time Gazer. Then Palkia, Beedrill, Heatran, Heatran VMAX, & Kleavor.

I like Beedrill though. Would make more sense to focus on Seansler.

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
At first, I was going to pick the cards that didn't get illustrated Vs, but it seems like they went all out and picked great art for many of them. Hoping for at least 3 alt Vs and 1 VMAX in each set. Could be 4 and 1 if they follow Silver Lance/Jet Black Poltergeist.

Maybe Dialga, Jirachi, Wyrdeer, Machamp, Machamp VMAX for Time Gazer. Then Palkia, Beedrill, Heatran, Heatran VMAX, & Kleavor.

I like Beedrill though. Would make more sense to focus on Seansler.
That seems like way too many to get alts, though. For Star Birth it was three that got an alt. So I’m expecting three per set. So three for Time Gazer and three for Space Juggler with Dialga and Palkia being for sure one of the three in their respective sets. Wyrdeer and Sneasler being strong contenders due to them being Hisuian Pokemon and these sets focusing on Hisui. Kleavor and Lilligant are also likely.
EDIT: Star Birth got four alts.

Last edited:

BugBoyInaButterflyExhibit

Aspiring Trainer
That seems like way too many to get alts, though. For Star Birth it was three that got an alt. So I’m expecting three per set. So three for Time Gazer and three for Space Juggler with Dialga and Palkia being for sure one of the three in their respective sets. Wyrdeer and Sneasler being strong contenders due to them being Hisuian Pokemon and these sets focusing on Hisui. Kleavor and Lilligant are also likely.

Didn't Star Birth have 4? Either way, 3 is definitely a safer bet. But I can dream.

Omi

Aspiring Trainer
My Random Thoughts:
-That Leafeon could really work!
-The Mantine Art is awesome
-I would love to see a komala meme deck
-New support with Jirachi V?

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
I love AKIRA EGAWA but Luxray's background should've been more in line with Hisui than just a random city background.

Besides that, if VMAXs get an alternate art, then there will only be 3 V alternates. Star Birth had 4 because it had no VMAX.

Of course every card that got a VMAX alt also had a V alt, which would mean that Heatran and Machamp will take up 4 of the 8 and with Dialga and Palkia taking up 2 more, that only leaves 2 left. The difference is that neither Heatran or Machamp are the stars of the set, so it's more likely that neither of them get any alts.

So that leaves Beedrill, Kleavor, Sneasler and Oranguru in SJ & Lilligant, Luxray, Jirachi and Wyrdeer in TG.

Given that Kleavor and Wyrdeer have already gotten CHRs (not that it really matters) and VSTARs aren't guaranteed alternates, I guess I'd go with Beedrill, Sneasler, Luxray and Jirachi.

Or alternatively, whichever of the Vs are most competitively viable - that was the reason for Lumineon and Honchkrow right?

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know what the deck would look like - probably Inteleon line stuff? Quick Shooting, Galarian Ziggy? - but I really, really, really like Hisuian Decidueye.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
I love AKIRA EGAWA but Luxray's background should've been more in line with Hisui than just a random city background.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the card was supposed to be in Fusion Strike. The art style, color palette, everything screams Fusion Strike, but for some reason it must've been cut from the set and they just saved it to use it in some other set down the line, and this is it.

DragonShard

Aspiring Trainer
Not like anyone cares but Teddiursa appears to be mistranslated. There is a „Flip a coin” condition on the first move

Gethbert

I Miss Fairy Type
My Random Thoughts:
-That Leafeon could really work!
-The Mantine Art is awesome
-I would love to see a komala meme deck
-New support with Jirachi V?
Komala and hypno from BKP might be a nice rogue deck?

Reactions: Omi

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
If I had to guess, I'd say that the card was supposed to be in Fusion Strike. The art style, color palette, everything screams Fusion Strike, but for some reason it must've been cut from the set and they just saved it to use it in some other set down the line, and this is it.

Nah that's just the artist's style. Lucario V from Champions Path has a similar background.