“Temporal Forces” Set Officially Revealed for March!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has officially revealed Temporal Forces, our fifth Scarlet & Violet set! We first learned of the set in November. It will re-introduce ACE SPEC cards to the TCG.

6571897_rd-148x200.jpg

Pokemon_TCG_Scarlet_Violet—Temporal_Forces_Booster_Wrap_Walking_Wake_png_jpgcopy-109x200.jpg

Pokemon_TCG_Scarlet_Violet—Temporal_Forces_Booster_Wrap_Raging_Bolt_png_jpgcopy-109x200.jpg

Pokemon_TCG_Scarlet_Violet—Temporal_Forces_Booster_Wrap_Iron_Leaves_png_jpgcopy-109x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
So there hasn't even been a non-type-shifted Tera ex since the introduction of type-shifted Teras, right? (Bearing in mind that Greedent and Dragonite originated earlier than Obsidian Flames in Japan.) I'm glad because changing types is the big appeal of the Terastal mechanic (especially in the TCG) but also wondering what was even the point of those first 7 or so? Would've been more special if Ogerpon was the only Pokemon whose Tera card wasn't type-shifted. Or it would've made some thematic sense if they went through 1 for each type (or at least each TCG type) before replacing them entirely with the type-shifted Teras.

Interesting that since Espathra ex they've all been Gen 9 Pokemon. Maybe the Night Wanderer set is actually headlined by something like a Dark Tera Ceruledge ex and not #1025 like I've been speculating.

Also glad to hear that we are getting more Ace Specs than some of us thought (I know I wasn't the only one thinking it would be 2 from each set + Master Ball from the raidon decks). I'd love to see Scarlet Book and Violet Book as Beast Ring-level Ace Specs for their respective groups of Pokemon, but man, Prime Catcher has really killed my excitement for the mechanic's return. Odds are nothing can ever live up to Item Guzma.

Last edited:
It's been 8 main sets but they finally got rid of the circles on the top of English packs, and for that, I will rejoice!
Though I still do wish English packs could be a bit less... Standardized in terms of design by year, when they're allowed to go non-standard with special sets it (sometimes) turns out great. Buttt I get why they do it.

The reason Igglybuff didn't get a card is surely because they're cooking an Igglybuff ex.
Copium.
After Sprigatito ex has been shown I wouldn't doubt the possibility of other un-evolved exs. Specially since baby pokémon are basic non-evolving cards.

No mention of gouging fire ex and iron bolder ex makes me sad. Are they maybe just not mentioned due to spoilers?

So there hasn't even been a non-type-shifted Tera ex since the introduction of type-shifted Teras, right? (Bearing in mind that Greedent and Dragonite originated earlier than Obsidian Flames in Japan.) I'm glad because changing types is the big appeal of the Terastal mechanic (especially in the TCG) but also wondering what was even the point of those first 7 or so? Would've been more special if Ogerpon was the only Pokemon whose Tera card wasn't type-shifted. Or it would've made some thematic sense if they went through 1 for each type (or at least each TCG type) before replacing them entirely with the type-shifted Teras.
That’s a very good point, I hadn’t noticed that there hadn’t been any same-type Teras lately!
Also glad to hear that we are getting more Ace Specs than some of us thought (I know I wasn't the only one thinking it would be 2 from each set + Master Ball from the raidon decks). I'd love to see Scarlet Book and Violet Book as Beast Ring-level Ace Specs for their respective groups of Pokemon, but man, Prime Catcher has really killed my excitement for the mechanic's return. Odds are nothing can ever live up to Item Guzma.
I totally agree, an Ace Spec for Future and one for Ancient would be awesome, as long as they stayed balanced.

Back