Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Silver Tempest will be the name of our SWSH12 set!
As posted before, it will release on November 11th following September’s Lost Origin. Prereleases will take place from October 29th through November 6th.
The set will probably contain the cards from Japan’s Incandescent Arcana featuring Alolan Vulpix, Paradigm Trigger featuring Lugia and Galar’s Regis, and any cut cards from September’s Lost Origin. It’s expected to be a large set.
The “silver” in the English set name could...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
Take note that some cards like Donphan and Phione, which will be omitted in Lost Origin, will be in this English Set. In which some cards in these Japanese sets will be omitted.
Nothing from Fusion Arts was omitted for Fusion Strike. I imagine they're going to tidy up the last of the F block cards sans VSTAR Universe which will be part of the early 2023 special set we're getting

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Nothing from Fusion Arts was omitted for Fusion Strike. I imagine they're going to tidy up the last of the F block cards sans VSTAR Universe which will be part of the early 2023 special set we're getting
Remember that SWSH12.5 is a thing and it consists of 161 cards so far. We cannot conclude much of everything yet.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Not sure how I feel about having a Sword and Shield set featuring...Lugia...and Alolan Vulpix? At least towards the end of Sun and Moon they had an excuse to do this because gen 7 only had the alola games and LGPE. I find it very laughable the folk running this game somehow couldn't come up with enough Hisui-focused sets to make up FOUR full english sets. Hisuian Basculegion and Arcanine WHO? Cresslia and the Forces of Nature who? Here's Lugia and Alolan Vulpix!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Not sure how I feel about having a Sword and Shield set featuring...Lugia...and Alolan Vulpix? At least towards the end of Sun and Moon they had an excuse to do this because gen 7 only had the alola games and LGPE. I find it very laughable the folk running this game somehow couldn't come up with enough Hisui-focused sets to make up FOUR full english sets. Hisuian Basculegion and Arcanine WHO? Cresslia and the Forces of Nature who? Here's Lugia and Alolan Vulpix!
Astral Radiance was the first set to be released far enough past the release of PLA and it included every Hisuian variant except for two. Did you forget about Origin Forme Palkia and Dialga VSTAR?The Hisuian starters all got VSTARs; Kleavor, Wyrdeer, Sneasler, and Lilligant all got the V treatment, and nearly all of the Hisuian variants got the Rare treatment at the very least (including the starters, and Lilligant, and Sneasler). Three of the prerelease promos for Astral Radiance were Wyrdeer, Basculegion, and Hisuian Samurott.

The only Hisuian variants missing from ASR are Zoroark and Goodra, and both of them are coming in Lost Origin (as VSTARs). Enamorus is coming as a V. All this considered, I'm not sure just what would make you happy. Who is being left out? How can you argue that the Hisuian Pokemon are being left out when we're getting two sets prominently featuring them? Are you that mad that Overqwil didn't get a V?

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I mean it's still true that many gen VII Pokemon were left out. Regieleki and Regidrago so far still don't have a V, Enamorus doesn't have a Therian forme card, Hatterene never got its VMAX card (and this one hurts because it's the ONLY pokemon with a gigantamax that didn't get a VMax), the Noble pokemon should have all gotten a V form this year (which neither Arcanine nor Avalugg did), and the lack of V formes for Braviary, Overqwil and Basculegion stick out like a sore thumb so far).

We also didn't get a non-crowned card for Zacian and Zamazenta, a solitary Calyrex card, Thievul, Barraskewda, Runerigus, Perrserker never got their V or a shiny gold like Obstagoon.

I genuinely doubt we are going to get more than three or four of these cards by the end of the year. Maybe the Noble Pokemon Vs we are missing and that's it. And that stings a bit because their debut gen is the best chance these pokemon have at getting a card, it took 5 years for us to get a second Comfey card.

Meanwhile we get Charizard version #30...

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I mean it's still true that many gen VII Pokemon were left out. Regieleki and Regidrago so far still don't have a V, Enamorus doesn't have a Therian forme card, Hatterene never got its VMAX card (and this one hurts because it's the ONLY pokemon with a gigantamax that didn't get a VMax), the Noble pokemon should have all gotten a V form this year (which neither Arcanine nor Avalugg did), and the lack of V formes for Braviary, Overqwil and Basculegion stick out like a sore thumb so far).

We also didn't get a non-crowned card for Zacian and Zamazenta, a solitary Calyrex card, Thievul, Barraskewda, Runerigus, Perrserker never got their V or a shiny gold like Obstagoon.

I genuinely doubt we are going to get more than three or four of these cards by the end of the year. Maybe the Noble Pokemon Vs we are missing and that's it. And that stings a bit because their debut gen is the best chance these pokemon have at getting a card, it took 5 years for us to get a second Comfey card.

Perrserker just got a V, and also has a Shiny gold like Obstagoon

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account

We know that the Regis will be featured in Paradigm Trigger, it literally says on the article, they might get their Vs then. Perrserker literally just got a V with alternate art in Lost Abyss. Hatterene cmight still get a Vmax in Incandescent Arcana, we don't know yet. There are still 3 japanese sets remaining, anything can happen.

ThePokemonGuardian

Aspiring Trainer
I really hope they reveal a Garchomp Vstar before the SWSH era ends. I have been wanting one since Garchomp V released in Astral Radiance which was pretty unplayable and ever since i felt like it really needs a Vstar.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Astral Radiance was the first set to be released far enough past the release of PLA and it included every Hisuian variant except for two. Did you forget about Origin Forme Palkia and Dialga VSTAR?The Hisuian starters all got VSTARs; Kleavor, Wyrdeer, Sneasler, and Lilligant all got the V treatment, and nearly all of the Hisuian variants got the Rare treatment at the very least (including the starters, and Lilligant, and Sneasler). Three of the prerelease promos for Astral Radiance were Wyrdeer, Basculegion, and Hisuian Samurott.

The only Hisuian variants missing from ASR are Zoroark and Goodra, and both of them are coming in Lost Origin (as VSTARs). Enamorus is coming as a V. All this considered, I'm not sure just what would make you happy. Who is being left out? How can you argue that the Hisuian Pokemon are being left out when we're getting two sets prominently featuring them? Are you that mad that Overqwil didn't get a V?
Ain't my fault. I'm not making the TCG. Also, who the actual hell do you think you are to just go around and judge people for....wanting other Pokemon to get attention???? What a weird, unusual thing to do...Yes, I WOULD like an Overqwil, Basculegion and Arcanine themed set. If we can get a billion sets with charizard on the pack art, I'm pretty sure these oh-so-genius people could muster up the strength to do a set like that.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Ain't my fault. I'm not making the TCG. Also, who the actual hell do you think you are to just go around and judge people for....wanting other Pokemon to get attention???? What a weird, unusual thing to do...Yes, I WOULD like an Overqwil, Basculegion and Arcanine themed set. If we can get a billion sets with charizard on the pack art, I'm pretty sure these oh-so-genius people could muster up the strength to do a set like that.
>other Pokemon should get the spotlight!
>just not Lugia or Alolan Vulpix

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Also, who the actual hell do you think you are to just go around and judge people for....wanting other Pokemon to get attention????
I don't think @PMJ was judging you for that. Merely explaining that there's been quite a good amount of Hisui/Sinnoh representation through the year. I don't think it's a big deal that the TCG is branching out a bit near the end of it, and as long as the TCG wraps the last era up with that special set early next year, it's not too big a deal that we didn't get an entire YEAR of Hisui sets. I mean, hell, Let's Go only got three sets for itself. ORAS only got three sets for itself. This isn't new. BDSP/Arceus got three sets to commemorate that. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing when the TCG goes and does its own thing for a while. It's just cards.

And, really, you ask who PMJ thinks they are, but, step back for a moment- why is it not okay for other people to do that, but you're often getting very offended and argumentative any time something isn't to your standards? It seems like any time someone tries to explain something- Myself included, in past instances- In a rational way it ends up setting you off. But PMJ is the villain here. Feels like kind of a double-standard.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think @PMJ was judging you for that. Merely explaining that there's been quite a good amount of Hisui/Sinnoh representation through the year. I don't think it's a big deal that the TCG is branching out a bit near the end of it, and as long as the TCG wraps the last era up with that special set early next year, it's not too big a deal that we didn't get an entire YEAR of Hisui sets. I mean, hell, Let's Go only got three sets for itself. ORAS only got three sets for itself. This isn't new. BDSP/Arceus got three sets to commemorate that. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing when the TCG goes and does its own thing for a while. It's just cards.

And, really, you ask who PMJ thinks they are, but, step back for a moment- why is it not okay for other people to do that, but you're often getting very offended and argumentative any time something isn't to your standards? It seems like any time someone tries to explain something- Myself included, in past instances- In a rational way it ends up setting you off. But PMJ is the villain here. Feels like kind of a double-standard.
Obviously those things aren't rational to me. Obviously, we simply don't agree. However, you can disagree with someone and still bring up good points- something I feel they absolutely did not do. To me, this situation boils down to me originally being very confused at the themeing of this set and being ridiculed for it. I was rightfully annoyed and stated how I felt. At the end of the day, we can't stop this setting from coming out, but we have the freedom to criticize it. I don't think I should be talked down to for simply wanting the TCG to be better :|

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
You never know, Overqwil, Basculegion and Arcanine could get ultra rare treatment in future sets, even during Scarlet/Violet era. I mean, look at this set, it has Alolan Vulpix Vstar.
The theme of some sets might be confusing, but that gives other Pokémon a chance to shine. Don't be too quick to get upset, as anything can happen in the future.

Digg07

Aspiring Trainer
I just realized we never got a Hatterene vmax featuring Hatterene's gigantimax form. What are the odds we go through swsh without seeing that at all?