“Shiny Treasure ex” Secret Rares Revealed: 170 Cards!

I appreciate everyone on social media making sure that Ando (UnlistedLeaf) is aware of the presence of Shiny Thundurus in the set, IYKYK! ?⚡️?

PRICES! Prices are starting to roll in from eBay! Here’s a quick look at the Elite Four cards of the set as of December 1st (all SARs, no surprise):

Mew ex: around $200 - $300
One of the most competitively viable cards makes a formidable first showing, though the artwork is anything but formidable! The format’s hottest new free agent will undoubtedly continue to see success for as long as it’s legal!

Gardevoir ex: around $250-$350
Kuroimori’s TCG debut is married with a card that’s currently on a hot streak, AND it’s Gardevoir, AND the art belongs in a museum. This was to be expected! The current matriarch of Psychic decks continues to thrive!

Charizard ex: around $300-$500
The love-him-or-hate-him big guy in his second SAR appearance, still coupled with AKIRA EGAWA’s ridiculously stunning artwork. The latest entry into Lizardon’s legendary (and lavish) TCG legacy has made itself known, and he’s still putting in the actual elbow grease in this incarnation with his success in the format worldwide. Long live the Zard!

Iono: around $350-$600, some listings upward of $1,000-$1,300+
Well, well, well… she’s done it again. Having now established herself as one of the best and most playable hand disruptors in recent memory, AND having attained unspeakable levels of popularity as a character, AND having crashed the markets with her FIRST SAR card in Clay Burst (which peaked at $1,500, didn’t you know?), Iono’s second SAR outing was always destined to be THE most expensive card out of this entire 350+ card monster. She will continue to catch wallets within her Electroweb for as long as the Waifu and Playability Taxes are the laws of the land. Whozzit Whattzit, indeed! ?⚡

PRICES! Prices are starting to roll in from eBay! Here’s a quick look at the Elite Four cards of the set as of December 1st (all SARs, no surprise):

Mew ex: around $200 - $300
One of the two most competitively viable cards makes a formidable first showing, though the artwork is anything but formidable! The format’s hottest new free agent will undoubtedly continue to see success for as long as it’s legal!

Gardevoir ex: around $250-$350
Kuroimori’s TCG debut is married with a card that’s currently on a hot streak, AND it’s Gardevoir, AND the art belongs in a museum. This was to be expected! The current matriarch of Psychic decks continues to thrive!

Charizard ex: around $300-$500
The love-him-or-hate-him big guy in his second SAR appearance, still coupled with AKIRA EGAWA’s ridiculously stunning artwork. The latest entry into Lizardon’s legendary (and lavish) TCG legacy has made itself known, and he’s still putting in the actual elbow grease in this incarnation with his success in the format worldwide. Long live the Zard!

Iono: around $350-$600, some listings upward of $1,000-$1,300+
Well, well, well… she’s done it again. Having now established herself as one of the best and most playable hand disruptors in recent memory, AND having attained unspeakable levels of popularity as a character, AND having crashed the markets with her FIRST SAR card in Clay Burst (which peaked at $1,500, didn’t you know?), Iono’s second SAR outing was always destined to be THE most expensive card out of this entire 350+ card monster. She will continue to catch wallets within her Electroweb for as long as the Waifu and Playability Taxes are the laws of the land. Whozzit Whattzit, indeed! ?⚡
Totally get the mew and Gardevior, but prices for that charizard are crazy! I’m not going to say anything about Iono tho…

Didn't even realize the set numbers on the Art Rares. So that is why you only get 1 per box, they're only 3 total.

I thought there was more to be revealed, so I would imagine 3 Shiny Rare, 3 Art Rare, and 1 SSR/SR/SAR per box or 2 if lucky. So 7 guaranteed hits out of 10 packs... maybe that's too much.

Also, only 3 (SAR) Pokemon? Should be at least 6-8 in my opinion. No new Koraidon or Miraidon either just (UR) gold cards.

No surprise Nemona finally gets her TCG debut in this set, I had a feeling Creatures were waiting til the end of the year to do so.

Is it just me or does the Pokeball on the Penny SAR look too big or strange a little, maybe it is just the angle. Cool to see Umbreon on it as well.

Too many Shiny Rares to be honest.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the set. My main chases for sure are Palafin (AR), Clive (SAR), Gardevoir ex (SAR), Clodsire ex (SR), and the Ditto (S)
I think they were trying to cram cards to fit the 360 card limit since most binders can only fit 360 cards max, hence they couldn't put any more cards as the main set is 190 cards already and they wanted to have a shiny for every regular card and ex card in the sets, so there was little space for extra stuff like ARs and SARs. I feel like because they wanted that many shinies the set is near impossible to complete now, they could have tried doing it like Trainer Gallery and distributed them slowly in the following sets so there is also more space for the SAR and AR pokemon.

I think they were trying to cram cards to fit the 360 card limit since most binders can only fit 360 cards max, hence they couldn't put any more cards as the main set is 190 cards already and they wanted to have a shiny for every regular card and ex card in the sets, so there was little space for extra stuff like ARs and SARs. I feel like because they wanted that many shinies the set is near impossible to complete now, they could have tried doing it like Trainer Gallery and distributed them slowly in the following sets so there is also more space for the SAR and AR pokemon.
Interesting point about the binders. Another Pokébeach user (I cannot remember whom) pointed out that a complete set of 151 plus the complete set of reverse holofoils from 151 (153 reverse holofoils in all) fits perfectly into a 360 card binder, such as the one sold in a collection as one of the set’s products. Japan also got reverse holofoils in 151, and for once these reverse holofoils were extended to the rares, but not only were there three additional cards in the main set (cards that were cut as promos internationally), but there were also the brand new master ball holos, so Japanese 151 wouldn’t fit into a 360 card binder.

Of course, 360 cards in Shiny Treasure ex leaves no room for storing both ordinary and reverse holofoil variants in this set’s binder, either, but the fact that there are exactly 360 cards is enough to make me wonder if the set list was crafted with binders in mind.

(P.S. I’m curious to see if this thread can hit 170 comments to celebrate (or protest) Shiny Treasure ex’s massive subset. Also, I started typing “Shiny Star ex” by mistake.)

From my perspective, for France, the ratios are a disaster. I believe in the USA, you may not realize how fortunate you are; here, everything is monopolized, and nobody is fighting for us. We've been asking the Pokémon Company to take action for years. On Pokémon trades, very few people have duplicates, and everyone fights over the same cards. This series is dreadful, and trying to move past it is futile; people only realize it later and mostly end up giving up.

I think the ratios are much better in the USA; the card prices are half as much. Meanwhile, we often can't even get all the items here, and people would like them, but they don't know who to contact. The Pokémon Company completely ignores France, whether it's events or products.

This series is a disaster because it will clearly create a value gap.

Why are all the golds blue? Wish they would've made like the gold Tapus/Tag Teams where their color matched the type of the card.

This whole set is underwhelming and lazy in design, IMO. Almost all of these look the same. Not excited. Haven’t been very excited for anything since VSTAR universe, though.

The Pawmi Art Rare was illustrated by REND, the grand prize winner of the 2022 illustration contest. I look forward to seeing more illustrations in the style of the Arcanine promo, but I would be especially interested in seeing the reflective finish on REND’s Scizor, which also made top 100. (Reflective finishes are underrated and underutilized in the TCG. Generation 10’s gold cards should feature Pokémon made of actual gold with a reflective texture like this.)
https://www.ptcgic-cr.com/2024/en/archives/third-secondary-selection/

1701580403107.png

A parting word from the artist:
“It’s such an honor to receive this award. I’m really thankful. I’m really happy because it took a lot of trial and error to draw this piece in a way that depicts the Pokémon in a lively manner. I won’t let this result get to my head and will continue to work hard to draw good illustrations.”
- REND
https://www.ptcgic-cr.com/2024/en/archives/third-prize-winners/

Back