“Shiny Treasure ex” Secret Rares Revealed: 170 Cards!

Hm. I feel the same way that others have expressed. I'm very torn on if I can consider this a "good" set. Certainly, the ARs and SARs are some incredible illustrations, (with a decent amount of them being done by newcomer illustrators! I believe that they're mostly guest artists though, which is also really cool), and I'm in love with the 3 main friends/rivals from the game all getting cards that are framed in the same way with a pokeball in the center. Though it very much feels lacking in quantity, the quality is definitely there.
The fact that trainers got more of the focus in the SARs considering this is a shiny set is a bit odd but I'm not complaining.
Unfortunately the bulk of the set is the third rehash of the exact same shiny card concept from GX Ultra Shiny, which ultimately feels like it bogs down the set. In my ideal world, they would have cut back on the Shiny Vault to focus more on art rares, I wish we would've at least gotten the usual 12 at the least. Or perhaps they could've finally given the cards proper backgrounds instead of existing in the Sinister Nebulous White Void. Ah well.
My biggest disappointment in the set lies with the gold cards. They've shown they can do better with Crown Zenith, but hey, maybe the new texture will be cool!

More power to those who really enjoy the Shiny Vault though, I hope you all have a lotta fun with the set!

I know highlighting Pokémon’s shiny forms is the main point of shiny vaults, but I’m starting to find that I value a shiny holo rare’s artwork more than I value its shiny form. For instance, a month ago I thought I would have been thrilled by a shiny Drifblim, but instead I find myself continually returning to shiny Ceruledge, which isn’t even a species I care that much about, nor a card that even most YouTubers highlight decks built around.

Hawlucha has to be my favorite so far. I was very impressed by the pose and color pallet, and Radiant Hawlucha now feels like it pales in comparison to its successor in the retrospect of my mind. I think I will have a hard time choosing nine of these cards, much less three, but shiny Hawlucha is my number one pick.

There are still 62 more cards to be revealed, but at this point the ones I am anticipating the most are the shiny Slowbro and Forretress ex lines. Plus I’m hoping the shiny Bisharp and Kingambit look a little more metallic, but I’m a little doubtful the limits of this art style can capture their beautiful texture from the video games. There are lots of cards I’m already excited about, though, and for all I know there will be twelve more shinies I will be more excited about than shiny Slowbro solely on the basis of their illustrations.

Shiny Charmander? What shiny Charmander? (Okay, maybe it’s in my top 18. It’s low on my list, though Sowsow did a nice job.)

KInda odd that the Students In Paldea is a bunch of literal random students,I was hoping it would be like Friends in Hisui but with Penny, Arven and Nemona. Hell even toss in Clive and Iono

We'll probably get a "Friends in Paldea" card with Penny, Arven, and Nemona along with the 2 protags towards the end of the SV era lol.

At this rate, I think this thread will have more comments than the shiny vault has cards… 88 comments out of 130 and counting!

And in the time it took you to upload all those nice new pictures, Iono just pocketed another 700,000 yen. Go figure! ?⚡️??
Not Getting the Iono hype, there are so many other cards I like better then Iono, still hasn’t fixed Pikablu tho.

For the English version of this set, considering the sheer amount of different cards that could potentially take the second reverse slot now, (IRs, SIRs, Gold Cards, and now Baby Shinies), I think it'd be expedient (and also really cool) if they finally utilized that new first reverse slot and moved Baby/Regular Shiny cards there, since it's basically gone unused aside from English 151 god packs.
This would also prevent the second reverse slot from feeling cluttered, at least imo. (Also the potential for triple hit packs would be exciting, ehe.)

They're definitely not doing this, but it'd be super nice!

Back