“Shiny Treasure ex” Officially Revealed!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Shiny Treasure ex has been officially revealed in Japan! We first learned of the set through trademark listings seven months ago.
The set will release in Japan on December 1st and will include 190 cards before secret rares.
The set will feature a ton of shiny Pokemon as secret rares! All of them are reprints from the last year, but with alternate shiny artwork. This is typical of past shiny sets like VMAX Climax and Shiny Star V.

pack-art-110x200.png

004133_2-143x200.png

004133_4-143x200.png

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though it's still kinda eh, I infinitely prefer this classic Blue-Eyes White Dragon-esq swirl background on the shiny Pokemon over the plain white from previous shiny sets.

Attachments

• BlueEyesWhiteDragon-TF04-JP-VG.png
    BlueEyesWhiteDragon-TF04-JP-VG.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 7
If you took away the giant shiny stars in the background and told me these were just the regular colors of the Paldea starters I would be like "yes, sounds legit."

Best trick is to bend them back to shape using a curved water bottle an then keep them under constant pressure

Ps, they warp before you open them when they are shaking in a box for hours being transported

Hey,
I see a minimum of 331 cards for this series. If we keep going like this, we'll end up with an expansion of 400 cards. We're truly breaking all records, honestly, who completes these collections? It's too much, way too much; we're heading for trouble.
It's so ridiculous to have a series with over half of the cards, at the very least, being secret.

Where is the rarity? Where is the beauty? Where is the joy of opening?

It's becoming absurd; the Pokémon Company is pushing the envelope too far. Nobody can keep up.

Last edited:
Even though it's still kinda eh, I infinitely prefer this classic Blue-Eyes White Dragon-esq swirl background on the shiny Pokemon over the plain white from previous shiny sets.
I just realise that I should put this guy on the spotlight for one mentioning yugio in Pokémon and worst of all, LIKING EXPANDED!!

In the ENG set, they'll never gonna do that. Expect like 120-150 on average

Clive - it depends how good this card was. But most of the time, you only draw like 4. Nothing too crazy, same as other Draw 4 supporters with catch out there. Same sheet, different effect. Nothing new.

In the ENG set, they'll never gonna do that. Expect like 120-150 on average

Clive - it depends how good this card was. But most of the time, you only draw like 4. Nothing too crazy, same as other Draw 4 supporters with catch out there. Same sheet, different effect. Nothing new.
4 is a good average since most of the time you usually hold onto at least 2 supporters, but unlike the draw 4 supporters which the draw 4 is guaranteed this card has the possibility to draw 0 cards or even in some cases not be able to be played at all if your opponent doesn't have any cards in hand, just use iono and professor's research.

Well, here we are with Episode 3 of the increasingly-notorious Fates series here in the TCG. Once was special, twice was a surprise, but three times is officially a tradition. Which Pokemon will be getting Shinies? Will the advent of ANOTHER freakin' Charizard cause problems? (Yes, always XD) And will this be a better holiday set than Champion's Path? (YES, always.)

As the journey continues!

Hey,
I see a minimum of 331 cards for this series. If we keep going like this, we'll end up with an expansion of 400 cards. We're truly breaking all records, honestly, who completes these collections? It's too much, way too much; we're heading for trouble.
It's so ridiculous to have a series with over half of the cards, at the very least, being secret.

Where is the rarity? Where is the beauty? Where is the joy of opening?

It's becoming absurd; the Pokémon Company is pushing the envelope too far. Nobody can keep up.
These reprint sets are always large. This is entirely normal. The vast majority of these cards already exist internationally and won't be reprinted here, unlike Japan. We'll get whatever is new, not all of the reprinted filler.

You dare to doubt Charizard's reputation, and I admire that rebellious spirit!
Charizard? Everyone's favourite pokemon Charizard? Charizard, of the Pokemon sets Obsidian Flames, Shining Fates, Champion's Path, Crown Zenith, Brilliant Stars, Celebrations, Darkness Ablaze, SWSH Promos, Cosmic Eclipse, SM Promos, Unbroken Bonds, Detective Pikachu Promos, Hidden Fates, Burning Shadows, XY Generations, XY Flashfire, XY Evolutions, XY Promos, Generations, Charizard EX Red and Blue Collection, Vivid Voltage, Team Up, Legendary Treasures, Plasma Storm, Boundaries Crossed, Platinum: Arceus, Secret Wonders, Power Keepers, Crystal Guardians, Dragon, Skyridge, Gym Challenge, Neo Destiny, Team Rocket, Expedition Base Set, Stormfront, Legendary Collection, Base Set 2, and Base Set? I LOVE CHARIZArD!!!!1!!1!!!!

Dang, seeing this Charizard probably means we won’t be getting regular shiny Charizard, which would have made Venusaur and Blastoise shinies from 151 much more likely. But who knows. Maybe Venusaur and Blastoise could still happen..

Here's the scary part, it's never impossible for them to to SARs of some of these Shinies. They might have a specific style of SAR lined up for just the Shinies to keep it all uniform, but if that happens, this set is REALLY gonna disappear

Back