“Shiny Treasure ex” Box Pull Rates Revealed, Different Borders for Shiny Pokemon in Japanese

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This weekend, the official Japanese PTCG YouTube posted a box opening video for Shiny Treasure ex.

Shiny-Treasure-ex-Box-Opening-300x169.jpeg

Their box yielded one Art Rare (AR), two baby Shiny Pokemon (S), and one Shiny Super Rare (SSR). In previous “High Class Pack” sets, there was one guaranteed SSR and three S per box. This means an Art Rare takes the slot of one of the baby Shinies. It’s currently unclear if every booster box comes with an AR.
As none were pulled, an SAR (Special Illustration Rare), SR (full art card), and UR (gold card) are not guaranteed in a box.
Each booster box comes with 10 booster packs containing 10 cards each. As posted before, each pack comes with a guaranteed Pokemon ex. In their box, there were nine Pokemon ex (including one Tera) and one SSR Pokemon ex.
Unlike...

Continue reading...

Using the term "baby Shiny Pokemon" is extremely confusing when the set has actual baby Pokemon.

Some people also use the term "baby" to mean "non-mistakeultiprizer Pokemon", so now we've got three types of cards under a single slang term.

Using the term "baby Shiny Pokemon" is extremely confusing when the set has actual baby Pokemon.

Some people also use the term "baby" to mean "non-mistakeultiprizer Pokemon", so now we've got three types of cards under a single slang term.
It's still 2 types. One is for the actual baby Pokemon like Cleffa, Magby etc. The other is for regular Pokemon to differentiate them from multi-prize Pokemon counterparts.

So in this instance, the term "baby Shiny Pokemon" has been used as the latter; to differentiate from the multi-prize Shiny Pokemon.

It's still 2 types. One is for the actual baby Pokemon like Cleffa, Magby etc. The other is for regular Pokemon to differentiate them from multi-prize Pokemon counterparts.

So in this instance, the term "baby Shiny Pokemon" has been used as the latter; to differentiate from the multi-prize Shiny Pokemon.
You would think so, but read the article again. It makes the distinction between "Art Rare" (which features a single-prizer shiny Wugtrio) and "baby Shiny Pokemon".

You would think so, but read the article again. It makes the distinction between "Art Rare" (which features a single-prizer shiny Wugtrio) and "baby Shiny Pokemon".
I don't understand how Art Rare Wugtrio comes into this. While it does meet the definition of a "baby Shiny Pokemon", there's no need to refer to it as such since they have a different (and official) term to differentiate them from Shiny Special Art Rares.

I don't understand how Art Rare Wugtrio comes into this. While it does meet the definition of a "baby Shiny Pokemon", there's no need to refer to it as such since they have a different (and official) term to differentiate them from Shiny Special Art Rares.

I would argue they're categorized under the same slang term, just a different branch. These shinies with silver/starry backgrounds, and things like Toedscruel from Paradox Rift for example can be prefixed with the term "baby" to differentiate them from the multi-prize versions.

I mean if you want to treat that as a 3rd meaning for that term that's fine, it's your opinion. But it's not a new one that's for sure. Fans have been using the term "baby shinies" since they were introduced in Hidden Fates.

I mean if you want to treat that as a 3rd meaning for that term that's fine, it's your opinion. But it's not a new one that's for sure. Fans have been using the term "baby shinies" since they were introduced in Hidden Fates.
If there are situations in which Shiny Art Rare Wugtrio is a "baby Pokemon" and others in which it isn't, then these are two separate terms. It's not really a matter of opinion.
I'm not referring to "fan slang", but to the terms used in the article. I'm already not too hot on reusing "baby Pokemon", which is already an established and official term, but confusing it further by now referring to rarity with it is plain unnecessary. "Regular Pokemon" is a much simpler term.

Back