ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
So Diglet can now wiggle

The new Dunsparce is just... Dunsparce

When Finizen evolves you can't even tell

Pawmi/Pawmo/Pawmot has the same problem but that wasn't even intentional

One of the pokémon is two identical mice, the evolution is....three identical mice

Three new forms of Tauros, all of which are 'grumpy black'

The legendaries are...motorbikes.

Quagsire's now a monotone blob, being in a chest is apparently a form, pretty sure I saw a counterfeit Duraludon in there, and the Cheesestring guy, and let's not even discuss whatever that Magneton thing is

I think one of the pokémon being tumbleweed sums this up perfectly. All very uninspired.
Design philosophy changes. Deal with it or move on.

Haseo PKK

Aspiring Trainer
this thread has really been so predictable
It really has highlighted the worst of this community, with the criers telling others to stop crying, and the tool who took 7 paragraph comments to say what someone else needed one line to say, then called them a tool for saying the same thing much more efficiently. Hard not to get cut on all the edges in here. These are probably the same people that cry about Charizard in the TCG then turn around and simp over underage female trainer cards and so-called "waifu" Pokémon. Meanwhile, the CHILDREN (you know, the actual target audience for this game) are happily enjoying their glitchy game with more class than the grown-ass entitled adults on this thread. Go figure.

Gethbert

I Miss Fairy Type
Looks like Pokemon is running out of idea, hahahahahahahaha. The evolved form is just literally a larger version of its predecessor form. Wugtrio? 3 different Tauros burned? AAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!
I am very sorry, you have a right to your own opinion. However no, some off this pokémon have brilliant designs and while some are extremely different to previous designs I don’t think I should be choked up to “design similar, no idea.” Sometimes the best designed pokémon are just very simple forms.

But PartTimeTCGCollector have a nice day :)

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
It really has highlighted the worst of this community, with the criers telling others to stop crying, and the tool who took 7 paragraph comments to say what someone else needed one line to say, then called them a tool for saying the same thing much more efficiently. Hard not to get cut on all the edges in here. These are probably the same people that cry about Charizard in the TCG then turn around and simp over underage female trainer cards and so-called "waifu" Pokémon. Meanwhile, the CHILDREN (you know, the actual target audience for this game) are happily enjoying their glitchy game with more class than the grown-ass entitled adults on this thread. Go figure.
I'm replying to the three parts that I bolded.
Yup, this whole comment section has been a dumpster fire of hot takes and NO U's to trudge through. But this happened with Sword and Shield too. I will try to summarize, but a bit of a backstory: I enjoy completing the National Dex in every new generation; that's what I look forward to. I know I'm in the minority of fans who do this, but I have a legitimate reason for being upset with the decision to remove an undetermined amount of Pokemon (at the time) from the games. Not just uncatchable in-game, like every generation since Gold and Silver, but not even available in the games. Couple this with the fact that the reason given for this was a lie, which was observable by having eyes and a brain, then later proven with datamines, it felt even worse. So anyone with a level head could see that I have a legitimate reason to take issue with those games and the lead decisions behind them. And yet, if I explained any of that, I was dismissed as a hater. Because a large portion of the fanbase couldn't separate legitimate complaints from those who wouldn't shut up about a tree. Yeah, that felt great. Point being... History is repeating itself with people being at each other's throats.

I just have to point out that a known TCG Charizard crier is in these comments defending the new Pokemon designs. Let's not assume and lump anyone that you don't like together. Remember what I just said about being lumped in together with people who wouldn't shut up about a tree?

Okay... I will never understand this defense of something being bad, but it's okay because it's intended for children. You see this with movies, you see this with shows, and you see this with video games. You said that these games are glitchy (which, my goodness, they are), so that's what I'm focusing on first, not the new Pokemon designs. Do you think children deserve a lesser product? Is it okay to cut corners and release an unpolished, unoptimized, glitchy game because children will still play it? Do you think it's fair to pay $60 for a game released in this state? Do you think adults can't play this E for Everyone game series that they grew up with and adore because the "target audience is children"? Do you think that criticism towards these games is invalid if they come from adults? Tying that back to the Pokemon designs, I'd say it's better to dismiss hyperbole than "Ugh... adults complaining." We've all got differing opinions, but saying every new Pokemon is garbage is the epitome of hyperbole; doesn't matter how old you are.

Sorry, that last part also felt like history repeating itself, because saying SwSh are kids games was one of the "defenses" used to delegitimize my own issues with those games, as if someone is not allowed to have their own interests and opinions on this series because they're an adult. It's not like my one comment, late in this 5-day-old thread, on this one website will change anything, but I just wish everyone would stop acting like a differing opinion on Pokemon games was a personal attack, regardless of whether you like or dislike something.

Haseo PKK

Aspiring Trainer
a lot of words
Never even said I had a "side" nor "defended" anything, but now I'll also point out that it's time to accept this thread will just remain an endless loop of people saying the exact same thing over and over in their own way: "we can all have different opinions", then acting like the person on the other side is trying to gatekeep them from having an opinion. As far as Pokémon designs go, if at this point we haven't realized we're gonna like some and hate some or a lot, then I don't know what to tell you. Those people can have at it and be at each other's throats, yapping away for all eternity. It's just what they do. For the game's technical issues? Maybe, let's take it up with GameFreak instead of randos on the internet, since at this point we've determined going any further into this discussion is the actual definition of insanity with no real resolution; and now we have people trying to gatekeep replies on the post like if Crown Zenith thread doesn't have 100 replies.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Never even said I had a "side" nor "defended" anything, but now I'll also point out that it's time to accept this thread will just remain an endless loop of people saying the exact same thing over and over in their own way: "we can all have different opinions", then acting like the person on the other side is trying to gatekeep them from having an opinion. As far as Pokémon designs go, if at this point we haven't realized we're gonna like some and hate some or a lot, then I don't know what to tell you. Those people can have at it and be at each other's throats, yapping away for all eternity. It's just what they do. For the game's technical issues? Maybe, let's take it up with GameFreak instead of randos on the internet, since at this point we've determined going any further into this discussion is the actual definition of insanity with no real resolution; and now we have people trying to gatekeep replies on the post like if Crown Zenith thread doesn't have 100 replies.
Include yourself as well.

Lidorkork

Aspiring Trainer
We've all come to the conclusion that everyone has a different opinion. That's good. But "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" does not discredit criticism of the game whatsoever. I think we can all agree that gamefreak really has to up their game and stop cutting well-received features, and that a lot of the decisions they made are questionable. But it is also true that many people, myself included, enjoy the game, and it's perfectly fine to do so. Boycotting the game as an individual will have minimal impact.