Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
The one redeming quality of all this is that with all the future, past, regional, whatever wigglet is, etc, is that this era of the TCG should be pretty interesting if they do things correctly. This of course, is on top of all the positive things we already saw, with the exs being back, and particularly, they signalling the change in design philosophy pretty much in line with what the community had been asking for.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
Can someone who played the game explain to me why Wigglet/Wugtrio and Toadscool/Toadscruel are new Pokemon and not Paldean forms of the original?
Regional forms are Divergent Evolution, one species of pokémon branched to become a different species but they share a common ancestor.
These new pokémon are an example of Convergent Evolution where two totally unrelated species of animals evolve similar features, like how Dolphins (mamals) and Sharks (fish) both have fins and a similar body type. There's also a fascinating phenomenom called Carcinization where basically lots of species have evolved to become crab-like.

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
I know talking about stupidity in this day and age is redundant, but this specific brand of stupidity that manifests itself as this stilted, unnatural, inauthentic, and forced "positivity" is particularly idiotic, my god. It's the same thing in music, a band releases a new album, and it's just not that good, people rightfully point that out, and soon these insufferable paladins show up to defend it. It's always "just different", "they have to change, it's only natural", blah blah blah, they never actually entertain the craaazy idea that maybe, just maybe...it's just bad. So, since their ridiculous affectation is completely non-genuine, and their happy-go-lucky attitude actually derives from idiotic narcisism and a need to virtue signal their oh so cute positive view of everything regardless of anything, rather than actual genuine appreciation for what they're deffending, they have to devolve their whole line of arguments to "ignore the haters 🥴", they have to pretend that people pointing the flaws don't exist, because in not having any genuine appreciation for the thing being discussed, they have no way to defend or counter-argument the negative comments.
I am like the complete opposite of this comment here lmao I'm actually pretty cynical in person. But getting riled up about the designs of the Pokemon are silly when we have Jynx, a bunch of eggs and Geodude for comparison. There's legitimate criticism of the designs (i.e. becoming more like "characters" than animals you can encounter irl) none of which mentioned here, Not to mention there's plenty of valid criticism of why you should not buy S/V (framerate/performance issues)... Sorry but to act like we have something new here when the Garbage and Ice Cream Pokemon have existed for more than a decade now is getting a bit old.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
Regional forms are Divergent Evolution, one species of pokémon branched to become a different species but they share a common ancestor.
These new pokémon are an example of Convergent Evolution where two totally unrelated species of animals evolve similar features, like how Dolphins (mamals) and Sharks (fish) both have fins and a similar body type. There's also a fascinating phenomenom called Carcinization where basically lots of species have evolved to become crab-like.
Thanks. I've read about that theory before, just wanted to know if it was officially confirmed in the game. I just don't see the point. Are we going to have regional + divergent forms from now on? Is this the same principle as parallax forms?

TheWeak

Aspiring Trainer
I know talking about stupidity in this day and age is redundant, but this specific brand of stupidity that manifests itself as this stilted, unnatural, inauthentic, and forced "positivity" is particularly idiotic, my god. It's the same thing in music, a band releases a new album, and it's just not that good, people rightfully point that out, and soon these insufferable paladins show up to defend it. It's always "just different", "they have to change, it's only natural", blah blah blah, they never actually entertain the craaazy idea that maybe, just maybe...it's just bad. So, since their ridiculous affectation is completely non-genuine, and their happy-go-lucky attitude actually derives from idiotic narcisism and a need to virtue signal their oh so cute positive view of everything regardless of anything, rather than actual genuine appreciation for what they're deffending, they have to devolve their whole line of arguments to "ignore the haters 🥴", they have to pretend that people pointing the flaws don't exist, because in not having any genuine appreciation for the thing being discussed, they have no way to defend or counter-argument the negative comments.
This goes both ways, it's annoying when someone ignores genuine criticism but when people complain about literally everything it's pretty annoying. Why do you feel the need to shit on everything? Do you really just like being negative 100% of the time? Sometimes things can just be fine not amazing or terrible and that's ok.

Digg07

Aspiring Trainer
Big difference between blind defending something and having a differing opinion. There might be some people out there who pretend to like things for positivity reasons but there are definitely also people who genuinely like the pokemon from this gen. I have a list of favorites and a list of wtfs myself. It doesn't serve anybody to trod on other's excitement and you dont look smart by explaining why others' opinions are wrong.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
There are a LOT of problems with Scarlet and Violet, but the monster design is not one of them.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Now one thing I will give it props for is the speed on connectivity. Wonder Trades used to take forever but they're instantaneous now. It tells you how to cancel one but I've never been able to, they're that fast.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
It's a humbling lesson I've had to learn but Pokemon is a game for kids.
Sure, but you need to be specific. It's only the modern games that are nominally limiting their intended audience a younger demographic as a way to excuse mediocre game design.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
It's a humbling lesson I've had to learn but Pokemon is a game for kids. GF is simply adapting to the current tastes of the market as they see it. You can't objectively take a Pokemon and say it's "not a Pokemon" - what's your metric for establishing that? Take it from me, I really couldn't hate Gen 8 and a good chunk of its designs any more than I do, but I still have plenty of the cards in my binder. It was cute cardboard then it's cute cardboard now. It's not serious :)
Might as well remove pokemon battle as it encourages violence.