“Ruler of the Black Flame” Officially Announced for Japan!

Interesting. While Delta Species Pokemon required the Energy of their "switched" type, Tera Pokemon require the Energy of their original type. This makes deckbuilding very interesting and I'm hopeful that at least this part of SV format will be a positive surprise.
THEY LITERALLY CHANGED IT TWO SETS IN All terra pokemon in Sv and Paldea, all terra pokemon are their OG type

Now that Cleffa has been confirmed, hopefully the other 15 Baby Pokémon will be released as well. I would also like to see Pokémon Tool cards that will allow the Babies to evolve, like Baby Evolution Cleffa for example.

Such a drastic difference in HP between the two Finizen. Usually the evolving basic with more utility has less HP, but this one has nearly half as much as its counterpart.

Well, i guess we got confirmation that despite being a different type there Energy cost is their original type, so the Water Tera Garchomp is probably gonna still need fighting energy too. Which is not a good sign, since i really want a good Garchomp for once.
Ikr... A good Garchomp...

The Eiscue is Fire type, but they missed an opportunity to make it the noice form and have the ice melted by the fire tera cap.

Anyways 160 discard one energy and your opponent can't attack next turn can just be countered by switching cards or retreat so not that good I suppose
The main reason to play this card is to hit weakness and 320 KOs almost anything

The main reason to play this card is to hit weakness and 320 KOs almost anything
Which yeah, that’s something of a use, but there’s very few Pokémon that Chien Pao / Baxcal would want for that reason right now. Maybe down the road where there’s more stuff worth hitting for weakness. If anything, this is best for dealing with tank decks, and it’s still competing with other cards for that role.

Currently, all you’d have that could reasonably hit for weakness is Dialga VStar, Genesect V, Forretress ex, Toedscruel ex, and Wo Chien ex. That’s being very generous with what to expect, and Genesect is just as easy fodder attacking with Chien Pao. You can’t even claim Copperajah ex for that hitlist because Copperajah only takes 290 damage from 1 hit.

Which yeah, that’s something of a use, but there’s very few Pokémon that Chien Pao / Baxcal would want for that reason right now. Maybe down the road where there’s more stuff worth hitting for weakness. If anything, this is best for dealing with tank decks, and it’s still competing with other cards for that role.

Currently, all you’d have that could reasonably hit for weakness is Dialga VStar, Genesect V, Forretress ex, Toedscruel ex, and Wo Chien ex. That’s being very generous with what to expect, and Genesect is just as easy fodder attacking with Chien Pao. You can’t even claim Copperajah ex for that hitlist because Copperajah only takes 290 damage from 1 hit.
Yeah I agree with all that. I don't think this card will see play until there is a relevant fire-weak pokemon that it OHKOs.

The Scizor is the perfect counter to Chien-Pao. With 2 abilities in play, they can hit for 110- which when hitting for weakness is 220- OHKO's Chien Pao for one Metal energy. Not bad at all. It's a stage 1, so Zoroark and Luminous energy could be a nice combo here. Or a 2-2 line in a metal deck wouldn't be bad at all.

Hold your horses, Charizard gets a good supporting card for fire type decks that rivals Palkia VSTAR's Ability, and Skeledirge can wallop for big damage and already has a combo in the game already? We may be seeing a fire creep in effect. Ashame they're both Stage 2s.

Too bad we don't have a Charmeleon with Trade. Charizard ex would be a tier 1 contender with that, especially since it should sweep Garde and Mew super easily.

Hold your horses, Charizard gets a good supporting card for fire type decks that rivals Palkia VSTAR's Ability, and Skeledirge can wallop for big damage and already has a combo in the game already? We may be seeing a fire creep in effect. Ashame they're both Stage 2s.
Anyone else think it's funny that the last time this game saw a power creep for fire types, it was for, and heavily benefitted, Charizard? Hahahahaha

Back