Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new premium box set called “Pokemon Trading Card Game Classic” will release in late 2023 in English and in October 2023 in Japan! It was revealed during today’s Pokemon Direct.

hero-visual-300x146.jpg

The product will contain three 60-card decks headlined by Base Set Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise. Each of the decks will contain new and reprinted cards. The cards will feature a unique holofoil pattern different from the one in Celebrations. All of the cards feature new numbering for this box set.

feature-img-8-200x93.png

deck-card-2-3-143x200.png

deck-card-1-4-143x200.png

deck-card-1-2-143x200.png

Continue reading...

Last edited:

EdGeorge92

Aspiring Trainer
I love the premium feel of this product (and will no doubt try and pick one up), but what is the intention here long term? To have a 'classic' format with expansions etc? Not sure I am for that...

LightYearLiam

The combination of old and new in a deck is weird, tbh. If you want to make a classic focused product, just stick to that. Very funny and odd to mix in new-style ex cards and make some special Pokemon Tools so the unmodified Base Set cards can compete. Also, seems a bit wasteful to make new cards, with the style of new cards, that aren't tournament legal. I was more understanding of the retro cards they made in Celebrations not being legal because it'd be weird having Poke-Bodies and Poke-Powers in the modern format.

ProfesserPopplio

Professional Air Breather
Pokemon Company saw the "success" Wizard had with $1000 set of proxies and decided to release a $250 set of proxies.
Granted, this box is way nicer than some packs of unplayable reprints, but it's NOT $250.
Meanwhile, if you want to play Base Set and actually have fun doing it, I have a thread to show you.
Then what would be a good price for it? I think it is a good price for the premium products.

Bid

Steel-type Trainer
Good Charizard card will be printed as always and then using Blazing Charcoal will make it broken

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Then what would be a good price for it? I think it is a good price for the premium products.
Lets see. Pokemon Battle Academy is around $35 for the same amount of cards, but less tat. Trainer's Toolkit is around $40. How much do you want to pay for "collectability" of illegal cards and some metal elements that look less practical than a mat + some dice?

ProfesserPopplio

Professional Air Breather
Lets see. Pokemon Battle Academy is around $35 for the same amount of cards, but less tat. Trainer's Toolkit is around $40. How much do you want to pay for "collectability" of illegal cards and some metal elements that look less practical than a mat + some dice?
It looks like it comes with a lot. Plus the premium play at and damage stacks. Even if they are illegal, I feel like it would be a fun thing to play with friends. I do agree that it should be around 100-150$

Bid

Steel-type Trainer
According to the article, "Except for Basic Energy cards, the cards in these decks are illegal for tournament play." Which I don't really get, tbh; why not make just the Pokemon Tool cards and any other problematic cards illegal?
Oh I didn’t see that my bad