“Pokemon Trading Card” for Game Boy Coming to the Switch!

I used the zapdos in one playthrough (hacked my inventory) so long as I used no other Pokémon I could ohko most opponents pokemon
I was thinking it’s Ability would make a fun partner for the Arcanine PROMO that costs and discards 2 Fire Energy to deal 40 damage plus 10 damage for each damage counter on it. Either you soften up your opponent, or you prepare another Arcanine. On top of that, Zapdos partially covers Arcanine’s weakness. But I’m sure that deck is hardly feasible for playing through the story, and with no Colorless Energy in either of the signature Pokémon attack costs (not to mention the fact that Zapdos technically doesn’t hit an Active Blastoise at your own convenience and will OHKO Arcanine unless you attach Defender), it probably wouldn’t be viable.

Now that you mention it, does anyone else think it a little weird we never got X Attack 2 or X Defense 2 as proper tool cards?

Wonder if they will make it possible for 3DS VC savefiles to be transfered to Switch VC somehow. I have so many hours on the gen 1 & 2 Gameboy games on my 3DS and am still playing them regularly. Would be nice to continue them on the Switch console.

Probably wishfull thinking tho.

Oh boy, can't wait to not be able to achieve 100% completion, due to the 99% chance that Nintendo won't bother making a solution for obtaining the two Card Pop exclusive cards! :^)

Oh boy, can't wait to not be able to achieve 100% completion, due to the 99% chance that Nintendo won't bother making a solution for obtaining the two Card Pop exclusive cards! :^)
The original game could not be 100%ed either – there is either a glitch or a programming oversight in TCG, such that the Card Pop-exclusive Venusaur (or at least, what was meant to be a Card Pop-exclusive Venusaur) cannot be obtained.

The original game could not be 100%ed either – there is either a glitch or a programming oversight in TCG, such that the Card Pop-exclusive Venusaur (or at least, what was meant to be a Card Pop-exclusive Venusaur) cannot be obtained.
I'm not saying you're wrong...but I can't find any proof of this being said anywhere on the internet. Maybe someone just got really unlucky?

I read about it here, there are some sources linked in the comments too; https://pkmncards.com/card/venusaur-wizards-black-star-promos-13/
Well, considering that those comments are about the Japanese version, with ONLY Japanese sources, I can't say I'm convinced yet. Have you ever seen how many versions of slightly-patched ROMs exist from even the NES days? I can imagine that'd probably be a glitch that got fixed by the time the English release happened. I'd love to test it myself, but I only have one copy of the game IRL. :(

easily the best pokemon game on the gameboy. Don't @ me.

Next time you're climbing a huge hill, put on the club leader duel music. You'll climb into space.

I can imagine that'd probably be a glitch that got fixed by the time the English release happened.:(
I can imagine it too, but at this point the onus would be on us to prove that it was patched. I have done some digging and cannot find anything suggesting it was or that anyone has ever obtained that Venusaur in an English copy of the game without using GameShark/savefile editors/etc.

An older version let's go, I play tcgo alot, let's see how this simple version goes

Back