“Pokemon Trading Card” for Game Boy Coming to the Switch!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Nintendo just announced Pokemon Trading Card Game for Game Boy will be coming to the Nintendo Switch Online subscription service at some point this year. The announcement was made during today’s Nintendo Direct presentation.

Pokemon-TCG-Game-Boy-Game-200x200.jpg

Pokemon-TCG-Switch-200x111.jpg

The game originally launched in America on April 10th, 2000. It mainly features cards from Base Set through Fossil.

88852-200x198.png

8883-200x197.png

Nintendo will be adding some Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games to the Nintendo Switch Online subscription service as soon as today, with more titles to come in the future. Game Boy games will be available as part of the basic subscription service while Game Boy Advance games will be part of...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Don't let this distract you from the fact that Nintendo is famously aggressive against game preservation, specifically so they can have Directs like these, where half the games are remakes, HDs or just straight up in-house emulation.

You can play it for free right now. Wow! It's so nice to finally have access to this game which I haven't been able to play in such a long time. I'm glad Nintendo has set this up on the Nintendo Switch and their finely curated online service. I'm running out the door right now to buy a Switch and an online subscription.

You can play it for free right now. Wow! It's so nice to finally have access to this game which I haven't been able to play in such a long time. I'm glad Nintendo has set this up on the Nintendo Switch and their finely curated online service. I'm running out the door right now to buy a Switch and an online subscription.
Why should it be free? Let's continue to capitalize on nostalgia.

This game is already available on the 3DS eShop, but since it's being discontinued soon, this is the next best thing!!
I wonder if it comes with the promo Meowth card like the original?

Some people may know that there is a Japan-exclusive sequel to this game. And, there is a fan-made translation of it that is available for free download. (I currently play it ?)

Very hype. I still remember my damage swap deck. Also hyped for kirby tilt n tumble! Spent so much time playing it on my Gold/Silver GBC
I always just grind for a Haymaker deck. Getting the Mewtwos is annoying though.

God I would love if we got a new Team Rocket set. Always loved them

I always just grind for a Haymaker deck. Getting the Mewtwos is annoying though.
I’m probably not going to have many chances to play it, but since the game uses pyramid evolution lines (such as a 4-2-1 evolution line), I would rather uses evolution lines. Pyramids versus Prop 15/3! The game exclusive legendary birds look cool, however. Wouldn’t mind using that Zapdos.

This is cool, but it also seems a bit gimmicky. Not sure how many people will actually play it. But I do like that they're doing it, regardless of how many people play it.

I’m probably not going to have many chances to play it, but since the game uses pyramid evolution lines (such as a 4-2-1 evolution line), I would rather uses evolution lines. Pyramids versus Prop 15/3! The game exclusive legendary birds look cool, however. Wouldn’t mind using that Zapdos.
I used the zapdos in one playthrough (hacked my inventory) so long as I used no other Pokémon I could ohko most opponents pokemon

Back