“Pokemon Scarlet” and “Pokemon Violet” Announced! Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly!

Shocking news, I didn't expect this.

I was hoping the fire type would be a dragon. Did they break the zodiac cycle?

Edit: I knew it's Spain, I saw two small scenes of the map via the trailer. Did anyone catch it? It looks like Spain to me. Also, did anyone catch the apple stem from Fuecoco?

Although I too would love to see more time put into each individual game, that's not going to happen, just give up on this, people. Investors is all that matters to them, and investors want stuff being released as fast as possible so they can make more money as fast as possible. Like many have correctly pointed out in other instances around here, pokémon makes the most money out of merch, and to have new merch they will rush as much as they can on the games to have new source material to make merch from. Unfortunately that's just the way it is now and there's never going back.

We've had a 3 year cycle for new generations since Gen 5->6?

It would've been a surprise if there wasn't a new generation.

What does this mean for the TCG schedule? Will the first Scarlet Violet set be next February (internationally)?

Does Japan normally have a new generation's set out right after its release in November/December?

I wonder what kind of hints they put in the first part of the trailer, aside from the map that resembles Spain, there are a few things that intrigue. What's your best on these 3? The shields might be teams, what's that weird spider web. And is that sheet of paper a very, very small pokedex?3.png2.png1.png

I wonder what kind of hints they put in the first part of the trailer, aside from the map that resembles Spain, there are a few things that intrigue. What's your best on these 3? The shields might be teams, what's that weird spider web. And is that sheet of paper a very, very small pokedex?View attachment 16452View attachment 16453View attachment 16454

Yeah, those caught my attention as well, I would also go with the shields being the sigils of some teams of sorts. The web is completely beyond me.

Random thought I just had, I like that the names for the games are just colors again. Leaves more room for the cover legendaries to be whatever they want it to be, instead of them having to have some silly shape just because the name of the games forces them to.

the duck is so cute I love him
I actually love all three of the starters, in terms of base forms they might be my favourite trio since Sinnoh perhaps

also does fire croc disconfirm the fire zodiac starter theory

Maybe will end looking snakish at the end even being a Crocodile, just like how Fenekin is not really a dog but its fits the spot, dont blame them for take a decision like that, there is no much to work with a straight snake, the most interesting concept was Serperior maybe but it was obvious they wounld repeat the same formula

I honestly was hoping for a region based on Greece and then the starter would have be a Horse = Pegasus or Centaur (After Palkia new form I drop the centaur idea and was expectig a Pegasus) or a Bull = Minotaur

The fact that they made a starter a Blue-footed Booby (yes, that’s the name of a real animal) makes me happy, but I honestly cannot stand open world games because they get boring in about two seconds.

I believe those might be the crests of two different schools; the MC's Scarlet uniforms likely correlate with the orange emblem, while the uniforms in Violet correlate with the grape emblem.

omg you're so right :0

These are the worst looking starters. LOL
Disappointed that Pomemon/Game Freak didn't take an extra year.
Hopefully it's not as bad as Sword/Shield.

This looks great! I haven’t been this excited for a Pokemon game since Pokemon Go!
The three starters look great, which is a first!
Btw, the “coco” part of Fuecoco comes from “cocodrilo”, meaning crocodile.

I wonder if we will get a new Eeveelution in this gen.

I don't like the fire starter, and Quaxly looks like Ducklett's lost cousin.

I hope there are Gyms because Legends: Arceus didn't have any so I could never beat the game.

Please, no more rainbow rares in this gen.

I hope they change the card frames to something less minimalistic when the Scarlet & Violet set comes out. The last time I liked the frame was the BW/XY era frame. Sun and Moon is the worst ever, and S&S is an improvement, but that's not saying much, still super bland and boring imo. Also let's hope that whatever the new gimmick of this gen is, the card game can continue slowly scaling things down. Vstars are already much better than Vmaxes, but there's still the problem of "whoever goes first gets to kill the opposing evolving basic turn 2". I'd rather go back to something more on the line of EXs (much less powerful 'big basics') than to have to suffer through that play pattern ever again.

Honestly, after spending 120+ hours in Arceus...I cannot stand older Pokemon games. No matter how much I try, I cannot stand their gameplay. So thank the LORD these seek to take Arceus' style and crank it up. I'm not some fat giga-dweeb who thinks graphics need to be 100/100, what matters is how fun, fluid and fleshed out a game is. If this game has Arceus style gameplay and mechanics, ESPECIALLY with how moves are tought and remembered, then it's an easy 9.5 for me.

I hope they change the card frames to something less minimalistic when the Scarlet & Violet set comes out. The last time I liked the frame was the BW/XY era frame. Sun and Moon is the worst ever, and S&S is an improvement, but that's not saying much, still super bland and boring imo. Also let's hope that whatever the new gimmick of this gen is, the card game can continue slowly scaling things down. Vstars are already much better than Vmaxes, but there's still the problem of "whoever goes first gets to kill the opposing evolving basic turn 2". I'd rather go back to something more on the line of EXs (much less powerful 'big basics') than to have to suffer through that play pattern ever again.
You bring up a very good and necessary point here. I would really like if they went back to the drawing board and completely reset the game back to EX style 2 prizers with 3 attacks, 2 attacks or 2 attack plus an ability. Imagine a moder format where the best thing would be your average 180-240 damage attacks that Vs have now. Nothing stronger (beyond scaling attacks ofc) would be around. We need to go backyards, and Vstars seem to be an official recognition of that.

I believe those might be the crests of two different schools; the MC's Scarlet uniforms likely correlate with the orange emblem, while the uniforms in Violet correlate with the grape emblem.

Also, I just saw a video dissecting the trailer, and he talks about "blood oranges" which I didn't know was a thing. So yeah, what you said is pretty much 100% certain at this point, because these so called blood oranges have literally scarlet insides, so yeah, the orange crest is the school/evil team/whatever that will be present in the Scarlet version, and the grape crest is for the whatever it is present in the Violet version.

Back