Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet were just announced in today’s Pokemon Direct presentation! The games will release worldwide in November 2022 for the Nintendo Switch.

PokemonScarlet_ENlogo-200x113.png

PokemonViolet_ENlogo-200x113.png

The Starter Pokemon will be Sprigatito, the Grass Cat Pokemon who’s capricious and attention-seeking, Fuecoco, the Fire Croc Pokemon who’s laid-back, and Quaxly, the Duckling Pokemon who’s earnest and tidy.

Pokemon_Sprigatito_Poussacha_Felori-177x200.png

Pokemon_Fuecoco_Chochodile_Krokel-177x200.png

Pokemon_Quaxly_Coiffeton-Kwaks-177x200.png

The gatito in Sprigatito means “little cat” in Spanish...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
The graphics are a mix between PLA and BDSP,but the starters look great.
I'm split between the crocodile and the duck.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
I love the kitty cat starter!... but I'm worried I won't like the final form as much as it's basic stage, something I felt with Fennekin and Litten. Dino boy/gal's final evolution will almost definitely look awesome, so I may go with that. Looking forward to finding out what their final typings will be!

LostSalamence

LOST: The End
The starter-design have a very Disney-feeling on them. Aahhh, it's probably the usual getting used-to-new-mon-vibe. Can't wait!

DragonRage

Rayquaza is pog
WOOO ! Gen 9 arriving ! Starter design's looking great, the game graphics, as Yaginku said, isn't changing much from SWSH. However, glad we don't get the toddler graphics of PLA. Can't wait to hear more !

The game looks to bright.. also, I may revise my judgement on the graphics, the open areas do look bland and boring, with too little detail

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
the duck is so cute I love him
I actually love all three of the starters, in terms of base forms they might be my favourite trio since Sinnoh perhaps

also does fire croc disconfirm the fire zodiac starter theory

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
The starters don't interest me, right off the bat. But, they have potential. I'm probably learning towards Violet right now and picking the cat. And will probably just get the other version for Christmas like I usually do.

Game Freak, if you're listening. Please don't make the cat become Incineroar, but Grass type. Please and thank you.

Forge002

Aspiring Trainer
Wow cant quite believe it. On the one hand it feels almost too soon but on the other hand its incredibly exciting, from what was shown looks amazing. Im hoping for a cross between Sword and Shield and Arceus. I just hope these have been in the works for a good few years and are not rushed/short on content.

Guess this could mean this is the final year for Sword and Shield block of Pokemon Cards.

All-Stars_Creator

Aspiring Trainer
I have been sitting on my hands waiting to buy a Pokémon game again. Was tempted by PLA, as I love Botw, but the issues holding it back would annoy me too much. Perhaps this is the game for me then. I like the sunny setting, and love the return of open world Pokémon. The disappointing thing is that there still seems to be a very low frames per second count on instances. I know, I know. Don't judge an early viewing of a game and all. But the lack of polish from GF has become notorious, so they need to start showing better quality stuff.

The models seem improved once again though, so let's optimistically hope they figure out how to optimize this PLA engine. Also, hopefully they listen to player feedback and make the handholdy stuff optional.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Wow cant quite believe it. On the one hand it feels almost too soon but on the other hand its incredibly exciting, from what was shown looks amazing. Im hoping for a cross between Sword and Shield and Arceus. I just hope these have been in the works for a good few years and are not rushed/short on content.

Guess this could mean this is the final year for Sword and Shield block of Pokemon Cards.
I was only half expecting a Gen 9 announcement today - generations, save for a couple exceptions, are usually 3 years; on a dev schedule it made sense and not too soon at all. What threw me off was Legends, but since BDSP was outsourced to ILCA, I figured Gen 9 was still in the realm of possibility.

itmealice

Aspiring Trainer
Graphics don't look great and I'm not a fan of the player character designs at all, but if it plays more like Legends Arceus it should be fun at least.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Very solid looking starters in my opinion, full of charm. Hope the evolutions live up to the first stages.

profesor_reglero

Aspiring Trainer
Definitely, this new region is mainly based on Spain. A map of Spain can be seen at the beginning of the trailer, in the right part of the room. Also, some famous references like Sagrada Familia from Barcelona, Madrid's Plaza Mayor or Flamenco dancers art in the trainer house are spotted. We will countinue our journey through the Iberian Peninsula! Hola, 9th gen!

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I can see patches being made before its release. I have a bad feeling that this was rushed too quickly, and this is where Game Freak needs to slow down.

profesor_reglero

Aspiring Trainer
I can see patches being made before its release. I have a bad feeling that this was rushed too quickly, and this is where Game Freak needs to slow down.
I think they were working on this while Pokémon Legends Arceus was in development. I really want to think it... They have to slow down and improve quality.