“Pokemon Card 151” Set Officially Revealed, Kadabra Returns to the TCG!

The fact that they're making a set with all of the Pokemon from a single generation and even matching the set number to their dex number is perfect.

Now it would be even greater if they'd do a set like this for every generation, but they wouldn't. Even if every gen were as profitable as Kanto, there's a bunch of dumb logistical issues like babies and cross gen evolutions and regional forms to complicate things. But I sure wish they'd try it and fully commit to it, unlike Gen 7 when they did loose region-themed sets and left out a bunch of each region's Pokemon in favor of awkwardly shoving in Alola Pokemon and concepts.

I expected something more special for the cards. Like Pokémon GO it just looks like normal cards like in all other standard sets (not the shiny sets), but since we now have art rares in all sets, there could be something there this time. There just should be something more to it that makes it nostalgic, not just that it's the first 151 Pokémon.

If this set is well balanced and not crazy expensive, it may be a fun to build cube with. I love drafting the Pokemon TCG, and I feel I could get a lot of people to draft with me using the Gen 1 nostalgia. I already have a MtG group who drafts. Hopefully singles are cheap from people trying to crack secret rates. Might buy a box to crack and sell any SR cards to build a cube.

I'm calling it right now (04/01/23), the new item/tool cards for Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise that were included in that Trading Card Game Classic will appear in this set as well. Also idk ex versions of them as well or something... But! They'll be remakes of the original ex era ones? All speculation~☆

I’m predicting AR and SAR cards to have original Base Series artwork.

Example: Charizard ex will have the original Mitsuhiro Arita artwork

Just like the Base Pikachu from Celebrations

There is no way the Live team is going to sniff coding this card interaction correctly.
Most of the bugs with card interactions are the result of them taking shortcuts that they assume won't matter. They can do it right, but they're lazy and don't understand the game.

Ironically, this effect being so obscure might make it easier for them to get it right because there's less to incorrectly assume about it. The only thing they'll probably mess up on are damage modifiers that check that the attacker is in the active.

I want Misty, Sabrina, Lt. Surge, and definitely Lorelei full art (the generation I art, not the Pokémon let's go art; and not drawn by Ken Sugimori).

Forget Agatha and Erika, no one cares about them.

"The artwork for some of the cards appears to reference the same locations as the original Base Set cards:"

...no they don't

This is an amazing thing, Kadabra is finally home ? Also what kind of crack were they smoking making Alakazam's attack lol

Back