“Pokemon Card 151” Set List Mostly Revealed!

Hate that they’re doing Zapdos ex without the other 2 birds
The one saving grace may be illustration rares or secret illustration rares for the trio. I am however convinced there will be 3 of these occupied for story themed abra->kadabra->alakazam.

Hell yeah, Blastoise ex and it has an ability! I don't think it'll be the same as Baxcalibur's which is what I wanted, but as long as its good!

Nidoqueen at a glance doesn't look good, no ability and low damage, but I could be wrong (I want to be)! This is our first dark-type Nidoqueen too! She's been grass, fighting, metal (delta species), psychic, and now dark haha... Nidoking has an ability though, so maybe it'll have synergy with Nidoqueen.

Awww, no Jolteon or Mewtwo ex (yet... at least until a future set).

Hitmonchan looks to have an ability and a decently priced attack, I hope it's good.

With the existence of legal versions from previous sets and future terastral possibilities, I'm excited for all the mix and match potential.

I'm so confused. I thought for sure we'd see an ex in the Nido family since they weren't around for the entirety of Sword and Shield. Not that I'm opposed to Arbok getting some love for a change, just strikes me as an odd choice. Only Zapdos getting the ex out of the bird trio is also very, very strange.

Can't help but notice Venusaur and Blastoise have abilities but good ol' Charizard does not.

I expected Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, and Mew to get exs, but honestly only Zapdos getting an ex, Arbok and Jynx getting an ex and Arcanine getting ANOTHER ex wasn't what I expected. I'm not pleasantly surprised, but it's nice to see some variety.

I expected Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, and Mew to get exs, but honestly only Zapdos getting an ex, Arbok and Jynx getting an ex and Arcanine getting ANOTHER ex wasn't what I expected. I'm not pleasantly surprised, but it's nice to see some variety.
Arcanine isn't getting another ex, I think you got it mixed up with Ninetales :p

When was the last time we got a Water-type Jynx? Also of course we're getting two Charizard ex in the first year lol

Thematically it would make sense for all the Kanto legendaries to get chase cards in this set, but logically the designers probably want to stagger them out so can they use something like Mewtwo to headline a later set. They love doing this now and the recent times they haven't (e.g. Eeveelution chase cards in Evolving Skies, Galarian birds in Chilling Reign) have been nightmare sets for collectors.

Extremely disappointed with Kabuto and Kabutops. Had those two been the same type as Omanyte and Omastar, they wouldn't have been a let down. Those four fossil Pokémon suck in term of gameplay. Good to see Jynx represented as an Ice type again though.

Back