Legends#23

Aspiring Trainer
Why do they always pretend dragon types don't exist the first sets of every generation?
It’s actually annoying and concerning. Dragon cards are my favorite and they ignore them constantly. I hope we don’t have a repeat of the sword shield block

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
It’s actually annoying and concerning. Dragon cards are my favorite and they ignore them constantly. I hope we don’t have a repeat of the sword shield block
It was innocent fun and it helps maintain a sense of cards feeling different/special from others.

Remember when the Dark and Metal type cards felt special? They eventually had to drop that because the number of Pokémon that now matched that typing was too much to keep doing a gimmick with two special types – Dragon was an opportunity to try it again and they've been fairly successful doing it.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I legitimately can't believe this is getting eaten up so easily by you folk. This is the 500th time they've done this.
In recent years.
2016: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Generations, a set largely focusing on Generation 1- We know you just love those guys!
2018: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Unbroken Bonds, a set largely focusing on Generation 1- We know you just love those guys!
2019: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Hidden Fates, a set largely focusing on Generation 1- We know you just love those guys!
2020: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Champion's Path, a set with nothing playable- but look, there's a SHINY CHARIZARD V in it for some reason! Why did we do this? Why do you care, buy 200 packs so that children won't be able to open any on Christmas, you soyboy Neanderthals!
2020: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Shining Fates, a set largely focusing on Generation 1- We know you just love those guys!
2022: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Brilliant Stars, which somewhat focuses on Charizard because we're too creatively bankrupt to not sell a new mechanic with him!
2022: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Pokemon Go, a set almost entirely focusing on Generation 1- We know you just love those guys!
2022: HEY, Pokemon fans. We're outright selling you overpriced, purposefully designed charizard cards in a box with Charizard's face slapped on it. Buy our products.
2023: Hey, idiots. We're literally just doing base set again but in 2023. Buy it.

I personally don't really enjoy when nearly every facet of a decades-long franchise is overrun with the eternal circlejerking of its roots. Really the only other brands that come close are Sonic with Green Hill Zone, and Star Wars with Darth Vader. But even those don't go even half as far as Pokemon does. What excuse can you come up with this time? And when will you look at this stuff and finally get tired of it?

Nirvanna21

Mew.
I legitimately can't believe this is getting eaten up so easily by you folk. This is the 500th time they've done this.
In recent years.
2016: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Generations, a set largely focusing on Generation 1- We know you just love those guys!
2018: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Unbroken Bonds, a set largely focusing on Generation 1- We know you just love those guys!
2019: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Hidden Fates, a set largely focusing on Generation 1- We know you just love those guys!
2020: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Champion's Path, a set with nothing playable- but look, there's a SHINY CHARIZARD V in it for some reason! Why did we do this? Why do you care, buy 200 packs so that children won't be able to open any on Christmas, you soyboy Neanderthals!
2020: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Shining Fates, a set largely focusing on Generation 1- We know you just love those guys!
2022: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Brilliant Stars, which somewhat focuses on Charizard because we're too creatively bankrupt to not sell a new mechanic with him!
2022: HEY, Pokemon fans! It's Pokemon Go, a set almost entirely focusing on Generation 1- We know you just love those guys!
2022: HEY, Pokemon fans. We're outright selling you overpriced, purposefully designed charizard cards in a box with Charizard's face slapped on it. Buy our products.
2023: Hey, idiots. We're literally just doing base set again but in 2023. Buy it.

I personally don't really enjoy when nearly every facet of a decades-long franchise is overrun with the eternal circlejerking of its roots. Really the only other brands that come close are Sonic with Green Hill Zone, and Star Wars with Darth Vader. But even those don't go even half as far as Pokemon does. What excuse can you come up with this time? And when will you look at this stuff and finally get tired of it?
As a collector, I like to get a copy of any card that catches my eye. But on a personal note, I love whenever they revisit older stuff. If anything, you get either a nostalgic hit or a re-imagining of an old classic by a more experienced version of an artist.

Monarch

Aspiring Trainer
In recent years.

Pokemon company is allergic to change and they only focus on money but not variety

roboshocker

Aspiring Trainer
In recent years.

Typical TCG person, always something to complain about.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
d91.gif

Return Of The King

BewitchedOnlyCaracal-size_restricted.gif

The only reasonable substitute if Kadabra's omitted this time, would be Missingno.

antonio-banderas-antonio.gif

Any other outburst ever made about another pokémon constantly being omitted will forever remain invalid.​

Last edited:

Legends#23

Aspiring Trainer
It was innocent fun and it helps maintain a sense of cards feeling different/special from others.

Remember when the Dark and Metal type cards felt special? They eventually had to drop that because the number of Pokémon that now matched that typing was too much to keep doing a gimmick with two special types – Dragon was an opportunity to try it again and they've been fairly successful doing it.
You mean the more scarce they are the more valued abs special they become? I understand that just 1 line a set is doable though

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Every generation of the TCG has had themed sets focused on previous generations but it's only the Gen I themed sets that evoke this kind of whining. Why does it upset people so much? Is it jealousy that you will never grow up under peak Pokemania?

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
As a collector, I like to get a copy of any card that catches my eye. But on a personal note, I love whenever they revisit older stuff. If anything, you get either a nostalgic hit or a re-imagining of an old classic by a more experienced version of an artist.

Crazy, right? It's almost like they keep doing it because most people are not some grumpy f*** like that dude and actually enjoy the nostalgia from time to time...

VaporeonSM1223

Aspiring Trainer
So is this only being released in Japan or in US too? When will be the release date for US on this? I totally neeeeedddd !

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Every generation of the TCG has had themed sets focused on previous generations but it's only the Gen I themed sets that evoke this kind of whining. Why does it upset people so much? Is it jealousy that you will never grow up under peak Pokemania?
What do you not get? Did you just read my post and not immediately go "oh wow that IS a lot of gen 1 pandering"? Because if you did then, quite frankly, you've got something funky in your noggin. Please, oh please, point out to me where any form of Pokemon media has given us anywhere near as much content for other gens that gen 1 gets. You just can't. It's simply impossible.

JLettizard

Aspiring Trainer
In recent years.

That’s a lot of carrying on without even mentioning EVOLUTIONS

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
I get the gen 1 nostalgia bait for anniversaries and back when gen 1 was really the only retro gen, but at this point gens 2/3 are ~20 years old and deserve some love too.

Why can't we get some flashbacks to crystal pokemon? Dark/light pokemon? I love all gens, but it's tiring seeing gen 1 constantly being printed

Scoop

Literally a sheep
So far the most unique EX of this era is Clefable which is kind of sad. Like sure the Gen 9 guys are new so its a no brainer most of them would get something and it'd be unique but like out of all the old pokemon I just wish they would be a bit more original in their picks. Like where's the Avalugg ex or the Clawitzer ex, or maybe even an Abomasnow ex. Like just a bit more originality with the older picks rather then the same mythicals like Victini and Mew, or popular mons like Greninja and blah. I just hope the next few sets have unique picks that's all
It's been a whole one set out of a most-likely three year generation. There's plenty of time for all kinds of different Pokemon to get ex's, and with how good they've done recently with diversifying both popular and strange picks for Ultra Rares (See stuff like Lumineon V), I'm not too worried.