Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
According to distributor listings, June 16th will see the release of a new Japanese set called Pokemon Card 151. This will be yet another “Strengthening Expansion Pack” set, which means it’ll be a subset like Battle Region, Dark Phantasma, and Pokemon GO.
The set will feature 165 cards before secret rares. Each booster box will come with 20 packs for 5,800 yen.
Perhaps it should go without saying, but the name implies the set will feature the original 151 Pokemon. This would include Kadabra too, if so!

Releasing alongside the set will be a “Poke Ball Card File Set” and a “Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise Card File Set.” Each will contain five booster packs of the set and three promos.
A Mew deck box and Mew...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Soysaucey

Aspiring Trainer
So far the most unique EX of this era is Clefable which is kind of sad. Like sure the Gen 9 guys are new so its a no brainer most of them would get something and it'd be unique but like out of all the old pokemon I just wish they would be a bit more original in their picks. Like where's the Avalugg ex or the Clawitzer ex, or maybe even an Abomasnow ex. Like just a bit more originality with the older picks rather then the same mythicals like Victini and Mew, or popular mons like Greninja and blah. I just hope the next few sets have unique picks that's all

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Sounds interesting. However, regarding Kadabra, as my petition to get Kadabra back into the TCG is ongoing, I am not going to build my hopes up, just in case it is not included. It would be nice to see Kadabra back again, but I am not building my hopes up, just in case there are less than 151 Pokémon.

If Kadabra has been hinted to be in the set, then I would urge caution, and take any news regarding Kadabra with a pinch of salt until it has been confirmed by Pokémon Japan. This way, no one gets disappointed if Kadabra, Abra and Alakazam are omitted for one reason or another. I don't want to disappoint anyone who has signed my petition.

ComradeLex

Aspiring Trainer
So far the most unique EX of this era is Clefable which is kind of sad. Like sure the Gen 9 guys are new so its a no brainer most of them would get something and it'd be unique but like out of all the old pokemon I just wish they would be a bit more original in their picks. Like where's the Avalugg ex or the Clawitzer ex, or maybe even an Abomasnow ex. Like just a bit more originality with the older picks rather then the same mythicals like Victini and Mew, or popular mons like Greninja and blah. I just hope the next few sets have unique picks that's all
Clefable ex isn’t even that unique. She got one back in FRLG lol. Although to be fair these are starter decks. There’s still 2.5 years after these decks come out, I’m sure we’ll see more and more unique picks.

Personally I’d love to see them give ex cards to the Hisuian Pokémon that got overlooked in the TCG like Ursaluna, Overqwil and Basculegion.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
And of course we need to have the Gen 1 starters in each new generation.
Can't wait to see Charizard ex's prices.

Monarch

Aspiring Trainer
Why do they always pretend dragon types don't exist the first sets of every generation?
It's just a thing Pokemon does now. Like how they constantly put the same pokemon in the same numbered sets, i.e Chandelure always in the 11th set of all the recent eras