“Pokemon Card 151” Secret Rare Cards Revealed — God Packs Confirmed!

I honestly hope FAs are the next secret rares to get cut just like rainbows. All they do is inflate the sets with extra bloat cards that are just disappointing to pull, like every time I get one I’m like “dang so close to an actual alt art…”
Some of them look cool, like the chien pao from paldea evolved, ninetales v is my favorite card from rebel clash(though that's not saying much)

It all comes down to what type of background the full art has.

The Mewtwo!!! The Alakazams!!! The adorable round Charizard!!!! This set is incredible!!!

Darn, there are so-so-so many new (to Pokémon) artists in this set. Love the variety of new art styles, but hope that good old illustrators will continu to contribute as well. Good to see Mr. Arita back. Hope others, like Kanako Eo and Masakazu Fukuda will return as well.
i cannot even describe how badly i want fukuda to illustrate another alt art ? very happy to see new illustrators too though, crown zenith also had a fair amount. I think whoever did the galarian gallery hisuian zoroark vstar that was their first card ever if im remembering correctly!

w
Does anyone genuinely like the Full Art cards? I don’t understand why they don’t just draw the Pokemon for Full Arts like they do the Trainer Full Arts. The CGI always looks cheap.
i love them! I think people forget full arts are the only ones that have unique textured patterns. Even textured alts rarely have any unique textured patterns on them. If they take full arts away then we would be losing some cool texturing with it forever. I’d be very sad about that. ? Collecting physical cards is made better by the fact you can move the card around to see that texturing.

Maybe they can remove the basic ex ultra rare instead and just replace those with these full arts as the basic ones

Okay watch me completely overinterpret two cards for the fun of it!
I kept looking at the Giovanni SAR card and noticed a few things.

1686806422967.png
What struck me as odd, was the chess-set. I have no doubt that Giovanni would be skilled, and that he could technically play against himself, but thats not how you set up a board when you play against yourself. When playing chess against yourself ( to try out strategies and movesets ) you place the board in a way where you can reach both sides easily.
Addisionally I noticed the cup of presumably tea or coffee. Its reach is somewhat blocked by the Masterball and therefore just as troublesome to reach as the white figures.
Combine that with Giovannis look out of the window and you get the impression, that his opponent is "there", just not physically in the same room.
Then remember what other card from the same set has a night city in the background.
1686807018775.png
Reminder that in the anime these two dont know each other just briefly. I also realize that Mewtwos eyes in this art are shining blue, wich indicates it useing its powers. They dont glow when it is just flying.
Now, chances are, that I am just hilariously overinterpreting things. But in my mindset at least, Giovanni and Mewtwo are having a late night little chess session and Mewtwo is making its move from a comfortable, safe distance. And I love that.

GOSH DANG the full art pokemon cards with the solid color background are kinda ugly this set, they are all funky shaped like some weird ass 80's modern pop art style but not

Wish I could like this set, but I can't stand the illustration rares... Many of the Pok'emon seem too insignificant in the illustrations because too much space is given to unnecessary parts of the environment (e.g., for the Psyduck, which is awful). I feel as though this is why the frames are so important.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but who doesn't like a good counterweight :p?

i cannot even describe how badly i want fukuda to illustrate another alt art ? very happy to see new illustrators too though, crown zenith also had a fair amount. I think whoever did the galarian gallery hisuian zoroark vstar that was their first card ever if im remembering correctly!

Agreed. Masakazu Fukuda's art style seems to be a perfect fit for making illustration rares/alt arts. It is a pity he hasn't done so far (I believe his last 'bigger' art pieces was regular Snorlax V f rom SwSh).

God Packs Confirmed

Attachments

• -bw39cb.jpg
    -bw39cb.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20231009_165940.jpg
    20231009_165940.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
Back