“Pokemon Card 151” Secret Rare Cards Revealed — God Packs Confirmed!

Truly didn’t care about opening this set until I saw the Masterball reverse holos. Also Rares getting reverses is a nice touch too. The subsets from last year with the Pokeball reverse holos are some of my favorites to open.

Does anyone genuinely like the Full Art cards? I don’t understand why they don’t just draw the Pokemon for Full Arts like they do the Trainer Full Arts. The CGI always looks cheap.
I honestly hope FAs are the next secret rares to get cut just like rainbows. All they do is inflate the sets with extra bloat cards that are just disappointing to pull, like every time I get one I’m like “dang so close to an actual alt art…”

We are waiting for Kadabra illustrator. Kadabra has none special art or FA card exist yet because he was gone so long

There's plenty of Pokemon who don't have any alt art/special cards but also have no excuse for that like Kadabra does...

Last edited:
We are waiting for Kadabra illustrator. Kadabra has none special art or FA card exist yet because he was gone so long
i had the idea today that it would be so funny if they put kadabra on the ETB for this set - like with an illustrated promo and everything lol

I honestly hope FAs are the next secret rares to get cut just like rainbows. All they do is inflate the sets with extra bloat cards that are just disappointing to pull, like every time I get one I’m like “dang so close to an actual alt art…”
Same. There have been a handful I like based on the pose and background, but the vast majority are filler with a style that has been far surpassed by trainers and now illustration rares.

Also, he only thing I can think of as to why they didn't have a Kadabra art rare is that they didn't want to commission a SR that might have to then get pulled if the legal decision got delayed.

i think they're gonna skip the gold energy this set - we're 4 energy down with 4 to go and 5 japanese sets counting 151. it's probably going to look like this:

ruler of the black flame: fire (charizard)
raging surf: metal (gholdengo)
ancient roar: dark (roaring moon)
future flash: psychic (iron valiant)

WOW. The SARs of Erika and Giovanni are just SPLENDID. It's exactly the kind of art that each character deserves to have. Erika's is lush, illuminated by the sunlight and utterly pretty, while Giovanni's is regal, reserved, and the very image of power and authority (not to mention his beloved Persian in tow)!

It's Psychic Energy. Saw it somewhere.

The full art Pokemon look especially bad in this set. So boring and bland posing and colours.

It must be the next rarity to go or change in Gen 10.

i had the idea today that it would be so funny if they put kadabra on the ETB for this set - like with an illustrated promo and everything lol
Agreed. He deserves it

There's plenty of Pokemon who don't have any alt art/special cards but also have no excuse for that like Kadabra does...
yeah true. Also Kadabra is very wanted card from that set because it has been like over 20 years since last Kadabra card was released

Darn, there are so-so-so many new (to Pokémon) artists in this set. Love the variety of new art styles, but hope that good old illustrators will continu to contribute as well. Good to see Mr. Arita back. Hope others, like Kanako Eo and Masakazu Fukuda will return as well.

Back