“Pokemon Card 151” Restock Coming to Japan This Month, Possible Changes to Future Releases

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We’ve learned Pokemon will be shipping a fresh batch of Pokemon Card 151 product to stores in Japan!
The new batch will arrive on July 21st. However, many companies will hold the product in warehouses before delivering it to their stores. This is because 151 is not a new product, so it’s not urgent to get it on shelves. This means the rollout could take a few weeks.
This latest move indicates Pokemon is proactively printing more product to meet demand — and may continue to do so in the future. In Japan, Pokemon’s manufacturers do not hold on to inventory, so all batches ship to stores as soon as they’re printed. This new print run is much sooner than usual.
Stores have been informed to get ready...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Not a snarky question. What is the purpose of having a made to order system in place when there's a hard limit of 1 per customer? This strategy has not seemed to help Japan stop scalpers at all.
For real. If it's made to order, then don't have a limit. It's printing money. Pokemon wants to stop scalpers? Let people order entire cases if they want. Scalpers will never buy boxes if everyone has the opportunity to buy as many as they want for msrp.

If the first wave of Ruler of the Black Flame is going to be a smaller print run this just means that the secondhand market will have this priced even higher due to demand and no supply (my guess is this will be $150+ after release). Until PCJ can plug the hole of all the boxes getting to backdoor sellers this will always be an issue.

Restock wont help, only thing that will help is people no longer buying from "resellers" (scalpers). The prices for these boxes are well over 4x retail price now, it's an absolute joke. There is no stock shortage - it's just manipulation.
You guys can keep giving that "advice" until you're blue in the face, it will not change the fact that people will buy what they want. If the ONLY way to get it is to buy secondhand, that's what will happen. I don't understand why that bothers you or people like you. It's not your money, not your cards, not your business.

For real. If it's made to order, then don't have a limit. It's printing money. Pokemon wants to stop scalpers? Let people order entire cases if they want. Scalpers will never buy boxes if everyone has the opportunity to buy as many as they want for msrp.
Small indie company, please understand.

You guys can keep giving that "advice" until you're blue in the face, it will not change the fact that people will buy what they want. If the ONLY way to get it is to buy secondhand, that's what will happen. I don't understand why that bothers you or people like you. It's not your money, not your cards, not your business.
Logic like this is exactly why we don't have boxes at MSRP.

It is my business, funnily enough, it affects me directly as someone that was a mainly Japanese collector until all of this nonsense.

There's plenty of product to go around, it's just sad little losers hoarding it all in their mommies basement to sell for a quick buck. The sooner this market crashes the better for everyone that actually has an interest in the hobby and not just money.

Not a snarky question. What is the purpose of having a made to order system in place when there's a hard limit of 1 per customer? This strategy has not seemed to help Japan stop scalpers at all.

It feels like the answer to this is that Pokemon thinks just being able to purchase it at all is all some people want. (Granted, those people that would be satisfied that way probably wouldn't buy an entire box to begin with.)

That, or their production capacity is just bad and they legitimately need to limit it in order to keep up with demand.

Can you even get all the holos in this set with 1 box?

TPC says one thing but then their actions don't match.

This is going to be so overprinted stateside.

These boxes will be as plentiful to find as the Charizard collection boxes.

Back