“Pokemon Card 151” File Sets Announced with Promo Starters!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Two new Pokemon Card 151 File Sets will release on June 16th alongside the set.
Each will come with reverse holo promo cards of Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, five booster packs of the set, a catalog poster, and a card file (or “binder”). The promo cards are currently too small to read, but are different from the ones in the set. The reverse holos feature the glittery Poke Balls we’ve seen in recent Japanese sets.
One card file will feature a PokeBall design and the other will feature artwork of Vensaur, Charizard, and Blastoise. They will retail for 2,200 yen each.

sv2a_cardfile1-300x300.jpg

sv2a_cardfile2-300x300.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Do these binders usually have enough slots for the full set? Or would someone have to buy two or more?
Also, do they release these binders outside of Japan? I really like the PokeBall one.

I have new to the Pokemon TCG and don't care about any of the secret rares. I'm assuming this set will not be sold in booster boxes, kind of like the Crown Zenith cards were. If I'm looking to amass a large sum of non-secret rare cards to build a cube, do you expect it to be relatively cheap, or will the nostalgia of Gen 1 keep a lot of cards expensive? What have past-trends shown? This set looks cool, but I can't imagine these cards will stay similar to current Scarlet & Violet prices.

I have new to the Pokemon TCG and don't care about any of the secret rares. I'm assuming this set will not be sold in booster boxes, kind of like the Crown Zenith cards were. If I'm looking to amass a large sum of non-secret rare cards to build a cube, do you expect it to be relatively cheap, or will the nostalgia of Gen 1 keep a lot of cards expensive? What have past-trends shown? This set looks cool, but I can't imagine these cards will stay similar to current Scarlet & Violet prices.

Non-Secret Rares shouldn't be hard to find. If you're looking to open English, you should be able to find product online or in a store. They're printing like crazy. Japanese will probably be impossible to find right off the bat, but you can always find people on Ebay selling bulk c/u/r.

Non-Secret Rares shouldn't be hard to find. If you're looking to open English, you should be able to find product online or in a store. They're printing like crazy. Japanese will probably be impossible to find right off the bat, but you can always find people on Ebay selling bulk c/u/r.
Thank you! I feel it would be fun to have a box I can pull out and get that Base/Jungle/Fossil feel of building crummy decks with the few cards you have. And Gen 1 nostalgia makes it way easier to get people who haven't played in a long time to jump in.

That its Venusaur and charizard in the front of the binder seems like a nice and easy nod to the fact Japan started with red and green versions of the games. Not blue and red like here.
I dont know. They are not my cup of tea, with the same siluettes I have seen since gen1.
Hyped for the set itself though! And I hope mew doesnt just get a 3D render card. Thats a personal pet peeve, but I am SO tired of Mews 3D render.

Do these binders usually have enough slots for the full set? Or would someone have to buy two or more?
Also, do they release these binders outside of Japan? I really like the PokeBall one.
doubtful, i went ahead and preordered 1 of each tho

Back