“Pokemon Card 151” Announced as Made-to-Order Set, Pokemon Issues Warnings About Resellers

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The official Japanese TCG website has announced Pokemon Card 151 booster boxes will also be sold as “made-to-order” through the Pokemon Center website. This was also the case for the last set, Snow Burst & Clay Hazard, after the set sold out nationally.
This move is to deter scalpers from selling booster boxes at outrageous prices, as customers will know there is enough supply to meet demand.
To that end, Pokemon Japan is also asking fans to be patient and not purchase from those who sell product at high prices (a stance we at PokeBeach have taken for years!). They’ve also warned they’ve discovered boxes on the secondary market that have been tampered...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Good. A shame that here in my country, the company responsible for printing and distributing the game is an absolute joke. Celebrations was an absolute fiasco here, because the morons either cannot forsee, or don't care that obvious big hits like that set are bound to have higher demand than regular sets. Result: product everywhere being sold for 4, 5 times msrp. They do a wave and that's that.

I’m really looking forward to collect this set. However, I’m fairly new at collecting Pokémon cards. As I’m from the Netherlands in Europe I wonder where I can purchase this Japanese set when it releases on the 16th. Any suggestions? :)

Like this is gonna solve anything. Limited of 1 box a person..
Exactly. Plus, you have to wait several months trying to not get into fomo.
This is a nice improvement, but I think that to really solve the problem they have to flood the market with products to meet the demand and relax a bit the sets release schedule to allow everyone to enjoy the sets.

My favorite line:

"The company states if they discover anyone scalping their product, they will cancel their orders and restrict future access."

Great power move to the scalpers Pokemon! XD

Since the new pokémon cards 151 set is a special set, shouldn't it also be available as well/ "easily" as vstar Universe?
Of course, no one can say for sure but maybe I'm missing something here.
Vstar Universe was never "made-to-order" and was still partly available for "only" double msrp.

This won't stop the scalping, but it will drop the price the scalpers will sell the boxes at. 1 box per person isn't a lot when you consider everyone will be getting a box it will certainly help!

It's about time the Pokémon Company took up against scalpers. You may ask how will they be able to tell if you're scalping? Simple, if you report the scalpers to the Pokemon Company they can handle the rest. It's like when covid started and people were scalping TP and hand sanitizer. Some people were found and fined, even arrested for scalping those products and all of what they had was seized and given away for free. Pokemons actions won't be to that extent obviously but the overall principle is the same. Do not purchase from scalpers! Wait it out! The only people I see supporting them still are usually WhatNot streamers which is one in the same with scalping in most cases unless you're selling singles. The prices on their products are ridiculously high, especially new stuff they've purchased through scalpers. Which makes it worse.

Glad to see they took a stand with this issue. I actually have stopped collecting cards a while back because of the scalping that was happening. Now I just buy singles of the mons I really like and just play the game online

If they maybe stop bloating sets with unnecessary alt arts, golds, waifu crap and such, there'll be less incentive to scalp. Sure the secret rare stuff looks prettier but they do the same things as their min rarity versions.

If they maybe stop bloating sets with unnecessary alt arts, golds, waifu crap and such, there'll be less incentive to scalp. Sure the secret rare stuff looks prettier but they do the same things as their min rarity versions.
That's how the times are these days. You can't take that all away and make the sets bland. The few hits you would have would be harder to pull and then would in return increase the prices farther. Really, the only way to stop the scalping is for people to stop buying it from them and the Pokemon Company banning orders from known scalpers. There's no reason why Pokémon should release a free product with the league packs and those same league packs end up on WhatNot by the 1000s some how. Greed has taken everything enjoyable away from the collecting aspect of the game at this point. I hope what the Pokemon Company is trying to do is followed through with and that the people scalping or selling stuff like the league packs to scalpers are punished, take their ability to order away and take their leagues away. No reason something that is intended to be free should be so dang hard to get in most areas.

Limiting orders to 1 box per customer just shifts where the scalping will occur though. Now instead of booster boxes buying singles on the secondary market could get even worse than it already is. They did this made to order strategy for Clay Burst and Iono's IR is still absurdly priced... what they really need to do is improve pull rates.

With Pokemon 151 being a made to order set now, how do I go about buying a booster box? My Local card shop does get alot of Japanese stuff in, but does this eliminate that possibility now? And if so, where the heck can I buy a box? ;-; I don't have anyone in Japan that can get one for me and I pay them either. . .

Any help would be massively appreciated, because I was really hoping to buy a booster box of this set

I’m really looking forward to collect this set. However, I’m fairly new at collecting Pokémon cards. As I’m from the Netherlands in Europe I wonder where I can purchase this Japanese set when it releases on the 16th. Any suggestions? :)
There many dutch guys who are selling these. Search in the pokemon NL/BE facebook groups

Reactions: tag
maybe they should stop making waifu and alt art cards for a while. that will temper the hype.
They should do a really boring set. I'm talking no wild alt arts, no waifus, no LE EPIC RAYQUAZA OR LUGIA OR CHARIZARD OR PIKACHU cards. They can star Camerupt, Cacturne, Orthworm and Arboliva. Nothing against those Pokemon, but if they were on the pack arts of a set and were the main 4 mascots, almost nobody other than the few tens of thousands of those Pokemons' fans would buy the set.

Back