“Path to the Peak” TCG Show Announced!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
An animated short series called Pokemon: Path to the Peak will debut at the World Championships on August 11th! Viewers will follow a girl named Ava and her partner Pokemon, Oddish, on their journey to rise to the top in the world of competitive Pokemon TCG play.
The first episode will also be posted to YouTube on August 11th.
The name of the show is obviously a reference to Path to the Peak from Chilling Reign.

Path-to-the-Peak-1-200x113.jpeg

Path-to-the-Peak-200x113.jpeg

1920x1080-vtime5_30-take2023-08-08-22.05.50-200x113.png

Path-to-the-Peak-7-200x113.jpeg

Path-to-the-Peak-6-200x113.jpeg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Is this the first time we have a Western studio making a Pokemon animation?

Not looking forward to it,but I guess hardcore TGC fans like WPM will watch it,right?

I think it's targeted for very younger audiences, but once the antagonist(?) mentioned championship points, my interest was won over.

To paraphrase JonTron: Weird! Gross! EWWW! Yep, It’s that cheap & simplified animation style you see on every freaking cable network!

Please tell me this is a TPCi-fronted venture (and I have a feeling it is due to one of the characters mentioning Championships Points, AFAIK no such thing exists in the Creatures-managed competitive scenes), I don‘t think my mind could take the knowledge of this being made by TPC proper.

Listen, YGO should do a side series too made for kids too, and name it after a beloved floodgate just as we have with Path.
They should name it: Mystic Mine.

I, Shigeru Miyamoto, must apologize. I believed the western animation studio would produce something relatable and entertaining for the core TCG audience both young and old. Instead they created one of the least relatable protagonist that's relatable to about what, less than 3% of the overall target audience of people who would even watch a show based on the TCG.

Back