“Paradox Rift” Set Guide: Card List, Secret Rares, Cut Cards, Products, and More!

Iron Hands ex's illustrator rare made me chuckle, seems like they're having fun! Probably my 2nd big chase card behind the Gholdengo set

God damn, the secret rares are particularly sick on this set. Countless great ones.

Except this one: 1697925862468.png Looks like someone had a really unlucky accident involving the card, gold, and laxatives.

Really disappointed with the amount of paradox support, I was expecting pecting stadiums, and special energy. Maybe nextt main set, and hopefully some paradox ace specs
They're definitely holding out til they can release the Paradox Beasts and Musketeers.

I pulled my chase card yesterday at pre release! Roark Full Art!

my review of paradox rift (i have zero credibility as a player, i'm purely going off of vibes lol)

5/5 (Meta-Defining Cards) - Iron Hands ex, Iron Valiant ex, Roaring Moon ex, Jirachi, Counter Catcher, Future Booster Energy Capsule, Professor Sada's Vitality

4/5 (Competitively Viable Cards) - Scream Tail, Gholdengo ex, Earthen Vessel, Professor Turo's Scenario, Techno Radar

3/5 (Cards w/ Viability Potential) - Garchomp ex, Iron Bundle, Mewtwo ex, Tapu Koko ex, Xatu, Skeledirge ex, Ancient Booster Energy Capsule, Defiance Vest, Luxurious Cape, Technical Machine: Devolution

There are other cards that aren't competitively viable, but are unique enough to fit into a rogue / meme deck or have a rogue / meme deck built around it. Examples include Armarogue ex, Aegislash, and Altaria ex.

Overall - This set is in competition with Paldea Evolved as the most competitively impactful set of the Scarlet & Violet era so far. Several cards in this set look to be extremely viable, slotting into meta decks nicely or creating their own meta decks entirely (i.e. Roaring Moon ex with Professor Sada's Vitality). Furthermore, there is a large amount of cards that although aren't quite needle-moving, still seem to be fun Pokémon with greater potential than most rogue cards (i.e. Tera Garchomp ex).

Is there no Full Art for Mewtwo ex?
Mewtwo ex was not released in a set, it's sourced from a deck thus it doesn't get the same treatment as other exs. Same with Skeledirge ex in this set and Pikachu, Dragonite, Melmetal and Houdoom ex (to name a few) from Obsidian Flames.

What happened to 1st edition cards so many new pokemon, pokemon cards in Scarlet and violet sets to this new set but no 1st edition cards. Did pokemon company stop issuing then or is that they cancelled making 1st edition cards because they know certain ones will be worth a ton of money. Do we count these new pokemon having their 1st released pokemon cards like fuecoco sprigitito and quaxly or koraidon and miraidon and gholdango iron valiant etc.... As being 1st edition cards even though they don't have a 1st edition stamp on them. Because they are technically 1st edition cards even though they don't have a 1st edition stamp on them. It would be fun for these newest pokemon that are created for scarlet and violet sets to be issued 1st edition cards.

What happened to 1st edition cards so many new pokemon, pokemon cards in Scarlet and violet sets to this new set but no 1st edition cards. Did pokemon company stop issuing then or is that they cancelled making 1st edition cards because they know certain ones will be worth a ton of money. Do we count these new pokemon having their 1st released pokemon cards like fuecoco sprigitito and quaxly or koraidon and miraidon and gholdango iron valiant etc.... As being 1st edition cards even though they don't have a 1st edition stamp on them. Because they are technically 1st edition cards even though they don't have a 1st edition stamp on them. It would be fun for these newest pokemon that are created for scarlet and violet sets to be issued 1st edition cards.
The concept of 1st edition and unlimited is great in theory, but absolutely stupid in practice.

That hasn't been a thing since 2003.

Back