“Paradox Rift” Officially Previewed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Pokemon Center has unexpectedly revealed its Elite Trainer Box for Paradox Rift! The set will feature Iron Valiant, the Paradox Pokemon based on Gardevoir and Gallade.

Paradox-Rift-Pokemon-Center-Elite-Trainer-Box-300x198.jpg

As posted before, Paradox Rift will release on Friday, November 3rd. Prereleases will take place from October 21st through 29th.
We expect our set to be comprised of the cards from September’s Raging Surf and October’s Ancient Roar & Future Flash. These sets haven’t been officially revealed in Japan yet.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
That's an insanely good color scheme

I'm really hoping this set is good, because when our November sets are great, they're GREAT great, i.e. Lost Thunder, Cosmic Eclipse

Last edited:
With paradox pokémon being the faces of sets, I worry about how pushed they will be, given that they're big basics and could push stage 2s out of the format if they're too good.

With paradox pokémon being the faces of sets, I worry about how pushed they will be, given that they're big basics and could push stage 2s out of the format if they're too good.
Probably depends on how good they make ‘em. RS era big basics mostly sucked and stage 2s were the way to go, but seeing how paradox mons are on par with most fully evolved Pokémon, could be a conundrum. Maybe slightly below stage 2s, but perhaps a smidge stronger than the ruinous quarter exs perhaps?

Can’t wait, especially if the promo card features Iron Valiant.

I still see Metal Sonic/Badnik’s when I see the future paradox Pokémon.

Especially with Iron Valiant. It looks like a late stage Sonic boss in all the right ways.

Attachments

• IMG_2180.jpg
    IMG_2180.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1
Paradoxes could be pushed, sure, but I don't think there's any obligation for the cards to be Basic. If they were a category of their own, they could easily be regulated in terms of speed. They could also be regulated in terms of impact by requiring other cards to function. Just spitballing ideas here, but I'd like to see some sort of integration between the Paradoxes and potential trainer cards like Booster Energy or Area Zero.

Back