“Paradox Rift” English Prerelease Promos Revealed!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The English card images for the Paradox Rift prerelease promos have now been revealed! They are Chi-Yu (SVP057), Iron Bundle (SVP058), Xatu (SVP059), and Aegislash (SVP060).

SVP_EN_SV057-143x200.png

SVP_EN_SV058-143x200.png

SVP_EN_SV059-143x200.png

SVP_EN_SV060-143x200.png

Our promos feature alternate artwork that hasn’t released in Japan yet. They may release as part of the upcoming Shiny Treasure set or remain exclusive to the international market.
As for the original prints of these cards...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Chi-Yu’s prerelease artwork is sick.

Iron Bundle sounds really good regardless of what ends up in its prerelease deck just from the ability alone being incredibly powerful in this kinda format.

I have one question cause I'm new to this, are these the build and battle box promos? Or are these exclusive to prerelease events?

typically prerelease promos have at least 1 of the cards make a competitive impact, or at least 1 of them be interesting (even if it means having a small niche)

the xatu is likely very interesting, the iron bundle is what i imagine will be the best card though since this psuedo-gusting effect has actually seen play before

also that xatu art is incredible i NEEEEED it

Kinda weird that they decided to give Future a promo but not Past, but it's cool that they gave a promo for each of the sources the set is based on.

Paradox Pokémon are going to be in multiple sets and will probably be printed for the whole generation like ultra beasts after their release. In the set after paradox rift we’ll most likely get an ancient Pokémon as a promo.

So Xatu is probably an auto-win, and Aegislash... You better hope the kit and your pulls are good.

Why are these so imbalanced?

Most prerelease kits package multiple of the promo pokemon together, your deck could easily be Aegislash-Xatu or whatever.

It is understood that this is expected to happen, but the point of not wanting to pull Aegislash amongst your 2 decks is that it is still an anchor you drag on the ground. If it is a stage 2 attacker, the deck piece that comes with the Aegislash promo will most likely at least make the Aegislash playable (it would be hilarious if they didn’t). Once we get closer to pre-release and have that deck build known we can say for certain, but the problem is that Aegislash being on the cover forbodes building to a stage 2 attacker, whose main benefit only comes from other people pulling well.

By comparison, you look at prerelease from Obsidian Flames and, at least at locals I went to, Palafin was present in a lot of the better placements and decks that got allocated Mawile/Toxtricity as one of their parts did pretty underwhelming.

At the end of the day, it’s still prerelease and it the winner is who pulls well from packs anyhow, but it is still a learning experience talking about this stuff.

Our pre-release is a week before Japans release of SV4. Cannot remember the last time we had a set release where there were still unrevealed cards. Makes a nice change possibly pulling something that We haven't seen yet.

Back