“Paldean Fates” Special Pokemon TCG Set Officially Revealed for January Featuring Shiny Pokemon!

Shiny Pikachu means shiny Raichu!! (Assuming it’s not shiny Pikachu ex). I’m just disappointed that we’re not getting the Kanto starters as shinies, other than Charmander. We have yet to see shiny Bulbasaur and shiny Squirtle as TCG.

LOL 3 of the worst Pokemon to put on the packs. You can't even tell that Pikachu, Ceruledge, and Tinkaton are shiny.
Why do they STILL make shiny Pokemon that are just slightly darker? So silly.

Do special set also have booster boxes or is that only for main sets? Sorry if its a dumb question. Im new to Pokémon collecting.

If not, what would be my best option when it comes to value of product per pack included?
No booster boxes. But now there are Booster Bundles which are kinda like mini-booster-boxes with 6 packs. They only release February 23rd though.

Well, with Mimikyu most likely being a promo and Mew/Charizard being confirmed special illustration rares...

I think it is safe to say that the special illustration rares in this set are most likely based off of Hyper Rares up until 151.

Let's say then we have the following pool to pick from:

Miraidon ex [Holofoil]
Koraidon ex [Holofoil]
Meowscarada ex [Holofoil]
Skeledirge ex [Holofoil]
Quaquaval ex [Holofoil]
Chien-Pao ex [Holofoil]
Ting-Lu ex [Holofoil]
Charizard ex [Holofoil] - confirmed
Mew ex [Holofoil] - confirmed

Not sure what the 3 illustration rares are; however, they could be one of each of the Paldean starters or something else unrelated.
I don't think it'll be ting li or Chen pao, or even the starters for that matter, it could be Miraidon, koriadon, gardi, tinkaton, ceruledge, Pikachu, dondozo, zard , mew, or something along those lines, either set staples like gardi and tinkaton, or new guys who haven't had much love mixed with old guys, either that or esparantha could get one too, I don't think it'll be the staples yet again, just going off the packs tho

LOL 3 of the worst Pokemon to put on the packs. You can't even tell that Pikachu, Ceruledge, and Tinkaton are shiny.
Why do they STILL make shiny Pokemon that are just slightly darker? So silly.
Only sometimes a designer will choose shiny colors. James Turner was great about it but most everyone else is extremely Japanese

Should I still be hopeful for the shiny pidgey line? They still haven't gotten a single shiny card yet

Unmentioned fact about this set: It's the first set featuring shiny pokemon not featuring Charizard

Do special set also have booster boxes or is that only for main sets? Sorry if its a dumb question. Im new to Pokémon collecting.

If not, what would be my best option when it comes to value of product per pack included?
At MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) Booster Bundles with 6 Packs, at first. But I suspect to see some discounting of promo products at some point, that could bring pack prices below that.

It will never happen but what if they did something similar to hidden fates legendary birds and used this as chance to introduce last paradoxes Flutter Mane and Iron Thorns exs

Back