“Paldean Fates” Special Pokemon TCG Set Officially Revealed for January Featuring Shiny Pokemon!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Paldean Fates has been officially revealed as our special January set — featuring shiny Pokemon! We revealed the first set details a month ago.

Pokemon_TCG_Scarlet_Violet—Paldean_Fates_Booster_Wrap_Pikachu_png_jpgcopy-109x200.jpg

Pokemon_TCG_Scarlet_Violet—Paldean_Fates_Booster_Wrap_Ceruledge_png_jpgcopy-109x200.jpg

Pokemon_TCG_Scarlet_Violet—Paldean_Fates_Booster_Wrap_Dondozo_png_jpgcopy-109x200.jpg

Pokemon_TCG_Scarlet_Violet—Paldean_Fates_Booster_Wrap_Tinkaton_png_jpgcopy-109x200.jpg

As we previously reported, Paldean Fates products will have staggered releases: on January 26th, February 9th, and February...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
"Full art foil promo card of shiny Mimikyu"? That's pretty hype if it means shiny illustration rares.

Edit: Yep, looks beautiful too! I'm excited to see which other cards get shiny IRs, especially meta ones and ones that lacked an IR before. Mimikyu is actually an example of both!

Last edited:
the set description confirms there's gonna be a new tera espathra ex. what type are we predicting it to be?
I'm guessing it'll be one of the Tera types which haven't been featured (Poison, Rock, Flying), and based on the Shiny list, I would probably say Flying, since it can fit in after Squawkabilly

Same mistake being made with this set that was made with Shining Fates (obviously TPCi disagrees, since Shining Fates was a great seller for them, as I'm sure this set will be as well). Hidden Fates was released near the end of the SM bloc, which gave them nearly three years' worth of GXs to "shinify." Shining Fates had only a year's worth of V/VMAX to make shinies from, so they overbloated the set with "baby shinies" -- which aren't terrible, but not as cool as full art shinies.

Paldean Fates will be the same as Shining Fates. Too many baby shinies, not enough full art ex Pokemon to make shinies of.

Same mistake being made with this set that was made with Shining Fates (obviously TPCi disagrees, since Shining Fates was a great seller for them, as I'm sure this set will be as well). Hidden Fates was released near the end of the SM bloc, which gave them nearly three years' worth of GXs to "shinify." Shining Fates had only a year's worth of V/VMAX to make shinies from, so they overbloated the set with "baby shinies" -- which aren't terrible, but not as cool as full art shinies.

Paldean Fates will be the same as Shining Fates. Too many baby shinies, not enough full art ex Pokemon to make shinies of.
It's already leaked that this set has some brand new artworks for shinies. There's a Mew ex alt art shiny that's never been seen before.

Personally it's the babies I'm more excited for. A nice way to bling out a deck when a lot of these baby mons are usually just commons.

I don't understand. Is Tera Charizard going to be in the set and be released as a promo? Are there two Shiny versions of Tera Charizard?

I don't understand. Is Tera Charizard going to be in the set and be released as a promo? Are there two Shiny versions of Tera Charizard?
The description mentions there being EIGHT Shiny SARs, I don't think it's breaking news to anyone that Charizard is gonna end up being one of them (and it ESPECIALLY isn't breaking news to the [insert profanity here] thieves and WhatNot bros that broke into the printing facilities recently...)

The Mimikyu motif is beautiful.

The "shinies" they chose for the tins is just them mocking us lol not like Paldea has a lot of good shinies to choose from anyways

I'm guessing it'll be one of the Tera types which haven't been featured (Poison, Rock, Flying), and based on the Shiny list, I would probably say Flying, since it can fit in after Squawkabilly
They've been making them types that counter their weakness so I'm guessing it'll be Fighting type to counter its Dark Weakness. Maybe Grass since they do give Dark type Grass weakness too.

Maybe I'm just greedy, but... 11 Shiny ex's? THREE Shiny Art Rares? Eight Shiny SARs? (Okay, to be fair, eight SARs is actually a pretty good amount for a set these days)

I'm just saying, I remember when Hidden Fates had something like THIRTY-FIVE Shiny GXs! XD

Back