“Obsidian Flames” Prerelease Promos Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The prerelease promos for Obsidian Flames have been revealed early! They are Palafin (SVP#036), Cleffa (#037), Togekiss (#038), and Mawile (#039).

Palafin-036-144x200.jpg

Cleffa-037-144x200.jpg

Togekiss-038-144x200.jpg

Mawile-039-144x200.jpg

As usual, these cards will be reprints from the set with alternate artwork.
These four cards should come from Japan’s...

Continue reading...

There has to be a way to make Palafin consistent in ZoroBox... it's too tempting not to include it. Heavy line of Switch and Escape Ropes? You're going to use Reversal Energy and Jet Energy is useless unless you run a 4-4 Palafin line and load it up with Reversal Energies beforehand then Jet Energy for the switch. Am I missing something...

There has to be a way to make Palafin consistent in ZoroBox... it's too tempting not to include it. Heavy line of Switch and Escape Ropes? You're going to use Reversal Energy and Jet Energy is useless unless you run a 4-4 Palafin line and load it up with Reversal Energies beforehand then Jet Energy for the switch. Am I missing something..
Palafin -
None, but looping the dmg could end up losing resources as early as possible. Include Switch Carts then a Basic. 3/3-4
Cleffa - 4. Good starter card since it does for FREE, idk. It has a nice AR as well.
Togekiss - obseletes XY Delphox. Still Stage 2 tho. 3/3/3
Mawile - sweet. 3-4

oh another "AntiMew" card, great.

For me it seems that Obsidian Flames set will be easily skippable (with exception of those two Lechonk cards). Good for my valet with the upcoming P151 set.

Now I know this sounds really good BUTTTTTT I'm miss read Mawile as "Once during your turn discard a special energy from one of your Pokémon." And that sounded really cool, shame its just O.k

Those who are still mourning the loss of Enhanced Hammer have finally had their cries answered.

We must protect Cleffa at all costs! So glad the babies are returning, missed their shenanigans

oh another "AntiMew" card, great.

For me it seems that Obsidian Flames set will be easily skippable (with exception of those two Lechonk cards). Good for my valet with the upcoming P151 set.
What is ”anti mew”?

Mawile? Nah that is not an anti Mew card.

Now I know this sounds really good BUTTTTTT I'm miss read Mawile as "Once during your turn discard a special energy from one of your Pokémon." And that sounded really cool, shame its just O.k
You only got like four copies of Enhanced Hammer back then. Imagine if you could use all four of them indefinitely. So if it actually was a “Once during your turn” effect instead of a “come into play effect” it would make Mawile a kill-on-sight kinda Pokémon, because its presence alone would completely invalidate all Special Energies in the format.

There has to be a way to make Palafin consistent in ZoroBox... it's too tempting not to include it. Heavy line of Switch and Escape Ropes? You're going to use Reversal Energy and Jet Energy is useless unless you run a 4-4 Palafin line and load it up with Reversal Energies beforehand then Jet Energy for the switch. Am I missing something...
Yeah, in Zorobox you’d have to give it reversal Energy and move it to the active. The problem with that is there’s already a Cetitan in Paldea evolved who, with Reversal Energy attached, hits 10 more damage, has 30 more HP, and doesn’t have a move-to-active condition. Palafin is already outclassed in Zorobox.

The DTE build is already coming into huge question with Spiritomb.
yes it is! thats why i don't really love another AntiMew card when spiritomb, giacomo etc are there and also boring LostZone decks are still all over top 16s everywhere...

What Palafin would need to be possibly usable is a partner like Decidueye ex, except 1) with a stronger attack, and 2) as a water type

But... Togekiss is not even in scarlet and violet
?

I thought they only release cards for pokémon that are available in the current games.

Back