“Mabosstiff ex Box” Revealed for February!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new “Mabosstiff ex Box” will release on February 23rd for $21.99!
It will be configured like recent ex Boxes, coming with a Mabosstiff ex promo, a jumbo version, a holo Maschiff from Paldea Evolved, four booster packs, and a code card.
Mabosstiff ex was originally given out in Japan as part of their April Gym tournaments.

Mabosstiff_ex_Box-2-300x267.jpg

Mabosstiff_ex_Box_Back-1-300x225.jpg

Continue reading...

I wonder to what extent the reason they make boxes with jumbo cards is just to take up more shelf space in retailers, they have to make the box so much bigger to fit them

we can now put mabosstiff ex on the list of paldean pokemon to get an ex! i like the artwork of this card a lot, it'll slide into a binder quite nicely

unfortunately, it's not looking like this card will be very good competitively. it does have a few things going for it ~ hitting 220 damage is nice, dark has a lot of energy acceleration going for it, and you can even use a double turbo energy if necessary. unfortunately, its damage output, bulk, and overall utility is COMPLETELY outclassed by roaring moon ex. it is significantly easier to power up roaring moon ex and although mabosstiff ex doesn't require a stadium to be in play, it also has to rely on inconsistent self-damaging pokemon like gengar and dodrio. you could maybe try building it like a budget hisuian zoroark vstar deck, while taking advantage of mabosstiff's dark typing, but i sadly am not convinced that the card will be viable. at least the art is sick

art rating: great!
competitive rating: not competitive

there were no less than *41* oinkologne ex boxes sitting on the shelves at my local best buy last time i was there… i imagine a similar fate for this box lol
This is at least a new card. Oinkologne ex, just like the stupid Melmetal and Houndoom decks are direct reprints of set cards. TPCi just wasting paper and resources printing crap that nobody would buy. Braindead company.

Back