“ex Deluxe Battle Decks” for Zapdos ex and Ninetales ex Releasing in March!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
As we posted last month, two new “ex Deluxe Battle Decks” will release in the United States and Europe on March 22nd! They’ve now been revealed to feature Zapdos ex and Ninetales ex.

Pokemon-TCG-Zapdos-ex-Deluxe-Battle-Deck-Front_EN-1601x2000-1478e37-160x200.jpg

Pokemon-TCG-Zapdos-ex-Deluxe-Battle-Deck-Back_EN-1538x2000-1478e37-154x200.jpg

Pokemon-TCG-Ninetales-ex-Deluxe-Battle-Deck-Front_EN-1601x2000-1478e37-160x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Man, this iteration feels like quite a downgrade to an already middling product. At least you got the Radiant Pokemon in the old ones. They were never worth full price, but I managed to snag the Meowscarada /Quaquaval ones for $5 each and felt pretty good about it since I do actually think they provide a decent increase in complexity compared to the level 1 products for teaching purposes. That said, can't imagine picking these new ones up any time soon.

Last edited:
What an odd choice, why not follow up with Skeledirge ex along Radiant Tsareena? We just got the Miraidon ex League Battle Deck, this will probably confuse some people, and Ninetails with no partner is really weird Also seriously would it kill them to throw a couple Ionos in these, its going to be the most needed card for new players come rotation.

Surprised they still refuse to include any copies of Iono in pre-built decks, especially since these ones aren't even level 1.

Guess I was wrong about deluxe meaning it comes with a radiant, even though there's a Fire deck with mons in the exact same rotation block as Zard. We can't have nice things.
Obviously these are bad but what pisses me off the most is that they changed the logo?? Like they moved 'deluxe' and 'deck'. why

Guess I was wrong about deluxe meaning it comes with a radiant, even though there's a Fire deck with mons in the exact same rotation block as Zard. We can't have nice things.
Obviously these are bad but what pisses me off the most is that they changed the logo?? Like they moved 'deluxe' and 'deck'. why
My guess is that they thought the old logos didn't do enough to distinguish the three tiers of "Battle Deck" they currently make; the ex and League Battle Deck logos were similarly redesigned.

For collectors, these do not feature any new cards or promos, correct?

The Hawlucha will be a non-holo exclusive to the Zapdos deck.

Other than that, nothing else is new. It has made a few previous non-holo exclusives more accessible though, such as Pawmot and Rapidash.

The Meowscarada deck at least felt playable, these (especially the Ninetales) look like garbage.

Something slightly off meta like Alakazam ex or Gholdengo ex would have been awesome. They only need three halos and involve some strategy which the level 2 decks are supposed to be aiming for.

Back