Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Dragonite V Box has been revealed! It will release on September 24th for $19.99.

Dragonite-V-Box-300x282.jpg

It will come with a Dragonite V promo, a jumbo version, four booster packs, and a PTCGO code card.
The German version of the box was revealed last week, but I couldn’t post it because the site had been deleted. At least now we have the English image!
Dragonite V – Dragon – HP230
Basic Pokemon
[C][C] Slash: 50 damage. This attack isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.
[W][W][L] Dragon Gale: 250 damage. This attack does 20 damage to each of your Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched...

Continue reading...

MeatBrick64

Aspiring Trainer
Dragonite EX Box, Dragon Majesty Premium Powers Box, Kanto Power Collection, and now the Dragonite V Box all use the exact same png of Dragonite lol

edit: also the dragonite 3-pack tins

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Dragonite EX Box, Dragon Majesty Premium Powers Box, Kanto Power Collection, and now the Dragonite V Box all use the exact same png of Dragonite lol

edit: also the dragonite 3-pack tins
These boxes almost always use the Sugimori art, for any Pokemon.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
This attack isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

It's actually "This attack's damage", presumably - we can't see all of the words clearly (or at least I can't on that image) but the 's is clear from the big card, and that's the normal English way of doing it.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
It's such a wonderful feeling to actually be somewhat excited for tins and boxes again without a useless hunk o' junk Evolutions or Sun & Moon pack being sneakily included

They will not be missed

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
It's such a wonderful feeling to actually be somewhat excited for tins and boxes again without a useless hunk o' junk Evolutions or Sun & Moon pack being sneakily included

They will not be missed
Once all the speculation boom inevitably comes to a bust, Evolutions will go back to being just ok at best. I personally never understood the hype, if the cards where exactly like the original base set cards I would get it, the way they are, just weird knock off versions, I don't, they just never appealed to me. Now the Celebration set, where the cards are *exactly* like they would've been in those times, now that is worth the hype.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Once all the speculation boom inevitably comes to a bust, Evolutions will go back to being just ok at best. I personally never understood the hype, if the cards where exactly like the original base set cards I would get it, the way they are, just weird knock off versions, I don't, they just never appealed to me. Now the Celebration set, where the cards are *exactly* like they would've been in those times, now that is worth the hype.
You're not alone here tbh. The secondary market seems to be on a downswing atm so I'm guessing the set will be seen as mediocre filler from the end of a so-so era in the not too distant future.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
You're not alone here tbh. The secondary market seems to be on a downswing atm so I'm guessing the set will be seen as mediocre filler from the end of a so-so era in the not too distant future.
Obviously excluding those who enjoyed opening XY Evolutions packs.
I wish I had taken more time to appreciate the unique experience of opening those packs. They are most likely the closest thing to opening actual Base Set packs that I will experience in my life, and now that ship has sailed.
I hope they do a reprint of XY Evolutions at some point in the future, just so people can get another opportunity to experience that.
In any case, my efforts to complete the XY Evolutions set have slowed down as I’ve eliminated most of the actual reprint cards and have been left with a couple of BREAKs, some EXs, a few Basic Energy (not sure how I don’t already have all of those), DCE, and most of the Full Art EXs, plus a few Secret Rares and some Promos. I’m currently taking a break and setting new personal Pokémon card purchasing limits as I save up to (hopefully) complete Celebrations, though I probably won’t actually begin buying anything but the cheapest cards until the set (and the market values of the individual cards) has (have) had a chance to simmer down.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I hope they do a reprint of XY Evolutions at some point in the future, just so people can get another opportunity to experience that.
I wouldn't mind it at all if they stick to reprinting the Kanto Power Collections. However I will be oh so mad if they reprint a 6+ year old set, already notorious for being in nearly every product years after it rotated, and put the booster packs back into Standard products

Last edited: