“Detective Pikachu Returns” Releasing on October 6th!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
During a Nintendo Direct today, it was revealed Detective Pikachu Returns will release for the Nintendo Switch on October 6th, 2023. It can be preordered now for $49.99. The game was originally revealed in May 2019.
This sequel once again stars the tough-talking, coffee-loving Detective Pikachu and his trusty partner, Tim Goodman. With the help of many other Pokemon, Tim and Pikachu work together to solve a series of mysterious incidents that are occurring in Ryme City, a place where humans and Pokemon live side by side.
The original game was released in Japan on February 3rd, 2016 for the 3DS.
English Trailer

Key Art and Screenshots

Detective_Pikachu_Returns_Logo-200x114.png

Continue reading...

Last edited:
OH MY ARCEUS YES

I loved the first one to death,I'm more than happy to see this sequel

This trailer has more voice-acting than the entirety of mainline Pokemon games.
True right?
We haven't got a single mainline game with voice acting.Legends only got the protagonist yelling and grunting.
Masters doesn't have full voice acting.
C'mon GameFreak,do something!
Even Kirby and The Forgotten Land got voice acting!!!

True right?
We haven't got a single mainline game with voice acting.Legends only got the protagonist yelling and grunting.
Masters doesn't have full voice acting.
C'mon GameFreak,do something!
Even Kirby and The Forgotten Land got voice acting!!!
Pretty sure the focus was the sounds of the Pokemon make NOT the people talking

Its been nearly 30 years, why do you need them to have voices now?
Because it's been 27 years and every RPG that's not purposefully "retro" has voice-acting now, including other RPGs on the Switch. If they want to have stories where characters move their mouths, they should have voice-acting.

dude, I was the whole trailer trying to understand if this was a full new game or a relaunch of the original one... I had to deduce it by remembering that it was released before the galar era, so the fact of looking at inteleon and etc walking around lead me to the conclusion that this is a new game. BUT IT LOOKS SO HORRIBLE that it seems like a non-polished 3ds game...

Back