“Crimson Haze,” “Night Wanderer,” “Mask of Change” Set Names Trademarked for the TCG!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Three new trademarks have been filed by Pokemon: Crimson Haze (クリムゾンヘイズ, Night Wanderer (ナイトワンダラー), and Mask of Change (変訪の仮面). They’re under the same terms as trademarks consistently used for set names in the past.

Crimson-Haze-200x200.jpg

Night-Wanderer-200x200.jpg

Mask-of-Change-200x200.jpg

Mask of Change seems to be a reference to Ogerpon, the mascot of The Teal Mask. At this time we’re not sure what the other two set names could be referring to.

The_Hidden_Treasure_of_Area_Zero_Ogerpon_Artwork-149x200.png

Ogerpon-200x113.jpg

It’s likely two of the sets will release together while the third will be a subset.
We usually discover trademarks...

Continue reading...

Well, given the leaks, Crimson Haze sounds like Bloodmoon Ursaluna. Night Wanderer could also be Ursaluna but I'm thinking that's Teal Mask Ogerpon and Mask of Change will feature the other 3 forms.

Of course with type-shifted Tera Pokemon, anything is possible now. Night Wanderer could be any random Pokemon type-shifted into a Ghost or Dark Tera type, for example.

They won’t, ultra beasts aren’t a mechanic in this era
They might end up being a mechanic though. Mechanics can appear and disappear in just a few sets or just a single set. In the last era Dragon-types arbitrarily showed up halfway through, and the Lost Zone was a mechanic exclusive to one set with a few exceptions like the Absol promo. Alolan Pokemon also arbitrarily reappeared in a few sets. Ace Specs "weren't a mechanic in this era" either.

They might end up being a mechanic though. Mechanics can appear and disappear in just a few sets or just a single set. In the last era Dragon-types arbitrarily showed up halfway through, and the Lost Zone was a mechanic exclusive to one set with a few exceptions like the Absol promo. Alolan Pokemon also arbitrarily reappeared in a few sets. Ace Specs "weren't a mechanic in this era" either.
Not really, Paradox mons are the SVI equivalent to Ultra Beasts which had their own support and cards to support them. They aren’t going to combine Paradox mechanic with Ultra Beasts, it’s not logical at all.

possible typo in the Japanese name for Mask of Change? 変幻 makes more sense than 変訪 and is what the image says

Crimson Haze? Night Wanderer? Mask of Change?

Next, you're gonna be telling me that there's future sets titled "Lot Number 666", "Box 5" and "Angels of Music"...

Instead of Crimson Blaze its Crimson Haze and instead Night March its Night Wanderer....Not very creative with these names are they?

I believe Paradox Rift will have Armarouge ex, but Ceruledge is still on the table as far as I'm aware.
These sets are due in 6 month tho - there are two other western sets before that. Enough space to have a new one.

crimson haze could refer to the dlc pokemon that were revealed first (okidogi..the monkey, and the bird)

Shouldn’t there be a Terapagos set too? Ogerpon is getting the mask one, I can see that coming out early next year. But the Crimson and Night sets don’t really fit Terapagos vibe, so I wonder if they won’t get anything until much later still. Could relate to some DLC Pokémon we’ve yet to hear. There’s one spoiler related Pokémon that they could belong to now that I think about it….

Back